Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Odometer Milestones

Last week as I was driving around, the odometer in my company truck hit 333333 km (three hundred thousand three hundred thirty three). Sadly, I only took ownership of it when it had approx. 225000 km on it already, so I didn't get to see it roll over 111111 or 222222. For whatever reason, I take great joy in seeing these random odometer numbers, especially long repeating numbers like 333333 and palindromic numbers (eg, it would have rolled over 331133 not too long ago). Big, round numbers like 100,000, 200,000, etc. are fun too, but not quite as fun. I guess now I'll wait and see if the engine has enough life left in it to get to 444444 km!

Who else here drives a lot and enjoys seeing numbers like this come up on their odometer? How many miles/kms are on your vehicle right now? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mine is only at 70k but a friend of my dads back home has one of those toyota pick up trucks from the 80s and last I saw before I moved it was at 800000ks 😕

Wowzers, 800000 km is pretty nuts. I wonder how much of that truck is still original?

From what I know the box rusted out years ago and I think they had to get a new transmission but other than that the thing is unkillable

I always miss those moments by like five miles whenever I come close to a milestone :riiight:

It's a bummer when I miss a good number on my odometer. I am always aware when something cool is coming, but if I forget about when I'm driving I miss it :|

26 minutes ago, little birdy said:

It's a bummer when I miss a good number on my odometer. I am always aware when something cool is coming, but if I forget about when I'm driving I miss it :|

Pretty much.  Sometimes I look and I'm like oh cool new stuff coming!  Of course...it happens less often in miles than km obviously so...you know. :rotfl:

It also depends on how much you drive and how frequently you trade in your vehicles. Some people never make it to big numbers on their odometer.

I do outside sales and my territory is basically all of southwestern Ontario, so I normally drive a lot (COVID-19 has of course changed everything). And the company isn't keen on spending lots of money right now, so I'm basically driving this truck until it dies. Slow and steady, the klicks will keep adding up. I'm back out on the road a bit more these days.