Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Summer Anime 2020

Fruits Basket continues to be fantastic. I'm gonna be really bummed out when it ends :crying2:

God of High School is losing me. I am not a big fan of the aesthetics / character designs to begin with - the show just isn't that nice to look at for me - and I don't think I like the Persona-like thing that just happened. 

I'm just glad that Fruits Basket is ACTUALLY gonna get finished proper!

Lord, yes. It's such an absolute gift to have the whole series be animated T_T

also, keep watching Deca Dence, y'all. It's fun.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to drop the few new shows I picked up this season in favour of catching up on stuff I was sad to miss out on in recent seasons because I didn't have a Funi subscription. The things I will keep current with are Major 2nd, Digimon, and Fruits Basket. Major 2nd and Digimon are our Saturday and Sunday morning cartoons :)

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

also, keep watching Deca Dence, y'all. It's fun.

This, ep 3 actually kind of wraps up a lot of the confusion from the first 2 vagueness in story. 

And on that note:

Spoiler

It's kinda creepy to know that a huge CORP basically bought and owns Humanity after an epidemic so to me it feels a little too close to current circumstances combined with the Matrix. :lurk:

I maaaaaaay bail on Gibiate, idk something just feels slightly meh on this that I can't put my finger on yet.

Appare Ranman is back!!!! ep 4 is up!!!!

Yay! I've been wondering if/when it would be back. I'll jump back on that bandwagon for sure.

Acks the 4th ep of God of High School was p. gud so I'll keep up with that one

Idk it felt a little scattered to me story wise. While I'm glad they're not going to waste half or more of the series on the tournament , it felt a bit discombobulated from what happened in last ep.

The whole series should be the tournament, that's the most interesting part, but then again it sounds like the winner gets to go on to another tournament so it's aight

Deca Dance is getting pretty interesting, the next few episodes should be good. 

Deca Dance

Spoiler

It's meaningless because it's all rigged!
Yup sounds just like how a Corp. would run the world and it's kinda scary to see how close that is to things here right now.

God of High School 5

🔥

• Like 1

Fully Agreed.

Deca Dance

Spoiler

Glorious Boss Battle
Dat feeling when the characters in game realize they broke the 4th wall. :eek4:

Pokemon Twilight Wings Episode 7

The fucking animation, holy shit :rip:

Appare-Ranman! is picking up and getting more interesting now. I'm glad it's back.

Jing :love3:

• Like 1

OK I was convinced to pick god of high school back up so here we gooooo (even though i'm not far behind)

GoH e4 

Spoiler

ok so like obviously there was a bit more hidden drama to the marriage thing than just the mutual benefit business arrangement thing but I had honestly forgotten there was like... a cult and so when they had that flashback I had to pause and wheeze. Until then I had been getting a tiny bit choked up over Mira's situation and her decision but the cult thing sent me to the fucking moon what a ride. HERE COMES THE PERSONA holy fucking jesus she's a badass gettin' fucking sliced in a wedding gown and bitchslapping the guy to Mars FUCK YOU PURPLE ENGLISH SPEAKING MAN i forgot his name already and i'm literally typing this as I watch the ep, whatever fuck you dude

why would anyone bully someone who is in this tournament like

how braindamaged are you already wat

HE GONE PUNCHED HER RIGHT IN THE WOUND HOT DAMN

GoH e5

Spoiler

fuck it we're live reacting to this one ma style except 10000x more obnoxious and not funny

• TWO YEARS AGO, BEFORE OUR HEROES PUNCHED EACH OTHER'S GENITALS OFF
  • oh are we learning about hospital friend
  • why does everyone in this series have puffy hentai pussy lip ears
  • oh sure, don't let me hear the reason make me wait 1000 eps for it that's fine
  • this op fuckin' SLAPS still
  • i want the wrestler chick to kill me
  • here we go korean naruluffku, win the thing
  • ok cool he won via making the other guy whirlwind sniff his crotch
  • "oh yeah bro he was awake for like a minute and asked for you why weren't you here bro"
  • the pacing of this show makes no sense but i am here for it
  • KICK HIS DICK OFF
  • YOU HURT WOMAN FRIEND 
  • ACTUALLY NO, WE NOT FRIENDS HERE COMES HIDDEN POWER
  • turtle power
  • Mira go smother hospital friend in his bed, do it
  • oh shit he dead?
  • soothing music over an absolute beatdown, my aesthetic
  • did he just kamehameha
  • it's ok that your other friend died, you're beating the shit outta your new bestie
  • i just want anyone bothering to read this that I keep distracted by the fact my friend is making a shirt that says "penis music" on it at my suggestion
  • OH MY GOD I FUCKING GET IT, YOU'RE A LONE WOLF AND ONLY HE WILL EARN YOUR TRUST WITH HIS SHINING SMILE PLEASE MOVE ON
  • the paper is just dickbutt
  • i only just now noticed that X head dude has devil horn hair this ep
  • oh shit this animation is awesome
  • awww fight buddies forever
  • aaaaand he's gonna grin as he flies through the air---yep 
  • i gotta draw these main 3 in shirts that say "fight buddies" now
  • but i won't
  • let's be clear on that

• ROFL 1

So how'd the fight buddies drawing turn out? Hopefully they're all wearing dickbutt T-Shirts (I typo'ed as T-Shrits so it looked like T-Shits)

So one thing I never quite figured out about Digimon: what do the kids even do?

Like in Pokemon, the trainer focuses the Pokemon's skillset and moves so that they're better in battle than they would be in the wild (the games even reflect this). In Digimon, it seems mostly that the kids are only there to be a power-up battery for evolution and that's it?

They don't do anything but they are for some reason The Chosen Ones. Can't argue with that, they gotta be there :rotfl:

The normal person in me knows it's just toys and media to sell the kids so ofc the kids have to be there but the video game tactician in me is like "Wait, why don't you just power up the Digimon and then go run and hide while they fight because you're kinda really getting in the way" :lol:

God of High School 6

We King of Fighters x Persona now :nod:

"I know not whose child it is; it existed before God." Cool as fuck (and def didn't kill Gramps)

"God of High School" because they have the potential to use the powers of mythical figures

• Like 1

There is so much vague shit happening along with the weird ass pacing of this show. (God of Highschool)

Spoiler

So we have a cult
A special superpower six that seems to imply that they are even more powerful than who's on the Commisioners
We don't get to see Persona Joker guy in action now (or will we later???)
WTF Announcer Guy was a fighter?
Flashy Giant Sword from Cult God
Do we even get to see any of the other Commisioners fight???

I feel like I'm gonna get whiplash from the back and forth in this show.

I think the problem is they are trying to fit so much in to what 13 episodes? Tower of God has a similar problem with pacing. 

• Like 1

God of High School ep6

Spoiler

*SQUINTS*

• ROFL 1

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drop Gibiate from my watch list. It's a slower pace version of TWD with lizard mutants instead of zombies, bad dialogue, and time travel for no reason. :lazy:

Fire Force is getting interesting.

Also since taking Gibiate off my list I looked into some of the others and found that Fugou Keiji: Balance Unlimited is pretty good. If you like cop shows with a kick I suggest it.

Muhyo to Rouji 18

I really love this yokai aesthetic. A lot of squishy, slimey noises, freaky looking Japanese monsters and shit like magic tags to try to exorcise them. The yokai monster battle in this one was pretty cool.

God of Highschool 7

Spoiler

Dude....guy with the Shark quirk..
Also it never fails, everytime a new character is brought in that swears and they censor them, I cackle laugh. :rotfl:

God of High School ep7

Spoiler

"Hey you know all those supernatural things you already saw in this and just kinda shrugged off? We are ready to talk about them"

"lol, ok"

• oh good the dude that looks almost 40 really is almost 40 I wasn't sure if this was a Jojo situation or what
  • PERRRRSONA
  • awww wait is his story that he genuinely wanted to learn and not that it was technically ok in the rules to get an adult in?
  • ok so let me get this straight the fuckin' god stuff happens where everyone can see it, there's a huge audience, this is broadcast on both a national and worldwide level, has millions of fans, and these kids didn't know about this shit until now? Huh. Ok, that's fine I really don't care
  • SHE JUST SAID A BAD WORD, SHUT HER DOWN
  • I, too, have a giant cross filled with teddy bears of death
  • oh shit we really doin' persona now it ain't persona until there's some bondage spirit
  • oh, this one said way more bad words
  • I... what?
  • I thought his big trump card would be like... he'd set string traps not his FUCKING HEAD EXPLODING
  • OH SHIT GRANDPA ARM
  • baby shark do do do dododo
  • there are no rules in god of high school, except when there are

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

8 hours ago, Anelle said:

God of High School ep7

Hide contents

I, too, have a giant cross filled with teddy bears of death

Immediately thought of you when it happened.

yeah dude that's like... my signature. I should sue

Only five more eps of Fruits Basket left....I'm not ready.... :cries:

Fire Force 8

Oh SHIET, the Infernals can talk

• Like 1

Appare Ranman 8

Spoiler

We now finally met the real Gil and fuck people are now actually dying from this race......

On 8/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, Tassifox said:

Only five more eps of Fruits Basket left....I'm not ready.... :cries:

I was wondering if this season was going to be the end or if there is more story. Never read the manga so I didn't really know. But it does seem like it is building towards an ending. Very curious to see what will happen!

A collage friend and I were just talking about that. It's been forever since I read the manga but from what I remember, we both think that there's most likely gonna be 1 more Season out of this. My reason is in the manga spoiler below but I doubt they're gonna be able to get this all in 4 episodes left.

Spoiler

Mainly because we haven't even tapped into Akito's Background and reveal that she's a girl and got mentally fucked up from her mom.

Not reading any spoilers!

:hide:

• Like 1

There's no way they won't do a 3. It will likely be announced when the last ep of this season airs, although the actual date for it will probably be pushed further away due to COVID.

• Like 1

Do you think a third season would be another 25 episodes..? 

Depending on how much more content they need to cover/slight filler they'll want to do. But other than that, there's no way it'll go past a 3rd season.

The way it's looking now, it is a 3 season anime. It's been a while since I've read the manga in full, but the overarching story of Fruits Basket is basically Kyo's Arc (season 1), Yuki's arc (season 2) and Tohru's arc (which is what I'm predicting will be the third and final season)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Fire Force

Hide contents

Dude had abs on his back :lol:

Spoiler

I'm still getting over Juggernaut not having a body under his "layers" :rotfl:

No blood was spurting out and I was like "Oh shit, is he just a head with a tiny body like Modok" :lol:

• ROFL 1

god of high school ep9

Spoiler

oh yay mira got her persona! aaaand mori shot hanzo's ult out his foot and probably killed people! yaaaaaaaay

the story and pacing on this show is a mess but it still works and the animation on the fights is so cool. 

• Like 1

Agreed that the pacing is horrible but everything else keeps me in it.

deca-dence ep 9

Spoiler

more like deca-DEUCE amirite? high five

Spoiler

but for real this show is fun

16 hours ago, Anelle said:

deca-dence ep 9

Hide contents

more like deca-DEUCE amirite? high five

Hide contents

but for real this show is fun

Spoiler

It's gonna be interesting to see how the players that didn't know the truth are gonna process this.
It's also gonna be interesting to see how the higher ups are gonna try and snuff this.