Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[10/03/19] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

Finished off :switch: Kirby Star Allies, I play a bit of :switch: Tetris 99 while listening to podcasts. I think I'll play a bit of :switch: Sonic Forces just to see if it's decent and then wait for a PS4 sale. Gonna give :switch: Smash Bros Ultimate another go sometime soon but I've played so little Smash over the years that it's a lot to dive into.

New Destiny 2 expansion's out, so i've been playing that mostly.

• Like 1

Trying Shining Resonance Refrain, but it's kinda boring. 

:switch: Crypt of the NecroDancer and a bit of :switch: SUPERBEAT: XONiC mixed in. Every time I come back to SUPERBEAT I think, "Maybe this time I can get good enough to beat those last few World Tour levels..." Not happening. My poor thumbs can only go so fast :crying:

20 hours ago, MT said:

New Destiny 2 expansion's out, so i've been playing that mostly.

Ye.  Fun so far. :nod:

On 10/3/2019 at 10:59 AM, Death Rider Mox said:

Gonna give :switch: Smash Bros Ultimate another go sometime soon but I've played so little Smash over the years that it's a lot to dive into.

Yep, played a normal tournament mode, did about 30 Spirits and had a chugging random online match. Can't get it up for Smash.

I enjoyed Smash on 3DS but I didn't play it nearly as much as I used to play Melee. I have thus far been hesitant to drop $80 on Smash Ultimate because I'm not sure I'm gonna bother with it enough to get my money's worth. I'll wait and see if it ever gets a good sale or noticable price drop, but it will probably take a long time.

They changed enough in the new Smash game that I've been very frustrated playing it (not to mention Crono and Downshift have both tryharded the ever loving fuck out of it and wipe the floor with me now).

I want to like it more but I just find it frustrating dying frequently to stupid shit I wouldn't have died to in the past couple games.  It's hard to change up how you play after you've done it a certain way for like 10 or 15 years lol.  The more you shield and Dodge now, the slower they go (some sort of decaying mechanic) and I understand why they did it but I fucking hate it lol.

My approach to Smash was more of an all-out attack so changes to the shield would probably go unnoticed by me :rotfl:

6 hours ago, webhead said:

(not to mention Crono and Downshift have both tryharded the ever loving fuck out of it and wipe the floor with me now).

9K7HLZb.gif