Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Birds Of Prey (2020)

Not really sure what to think yet. :shrug:

I know this is petty but all their costumes look really fucking stupid.  I do like Ewan McGregor though and he's playing a pretty cool character so I dunno.

I'm feeling meh on this. But then I'm not a fan of this version of Harley after Suicide Squad. Soo....tiny bit biased

She kind of feels like a half assed female Deadpool these days.  This trailer did not really dispel that.  I'll still give it a chance though.

I'm mostly annoyed that they shoe-horned Harley Quinn into this at all. I don't follow DC comics but was she EVER part of a lineup in that series? ?

Mostly I was a fan of the TV series they did back in the day (even have it on DVD), and this is most definitely nothing like that. I honestly had to look up the movie to figure out who ANY of the other characters even were (like the choice of villains though) because I couldn't tell from the trailer. >_>

One plus I got from the trailer: I'm honestly excited they're giving her a Hyena. That was always one of the most memorable part of her character for me from the animated series. XD

Seemed like it was just one, but I'll take it. Hyenas are supposed to be insanely hard to train and keep calm without doing things they probably couldn't get away with these days so I imagine having 2 (assuming they used a real one though it looked like they did) would have been an ordeal.

Never followed the comics either with DC. According to Wiki it sounds like she wasn't part of the Core memberships of BoP or even in reaccuring moments unlike her shipped counterpart Poison Ivy.  They only give her a brief mention down the ways but then it is Wiki. I do know she has her own line of comics from several artists. One of which that's new from one of my favorites Stefen Sejiac (I know I'm spelling it wrong but he does a lot of art and what not for DC) So I guess it would just depend on what original comic content they're going with on this. ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Prey_(team)#Main_characters

In another article that's kind of a guide to the movie facts this is a little insert.

"How Does Harley Quinn Relate To The Birds Of Prey?

Given the fact that the Birds of Prey often operate out of Gotham City, they have come into conflict with Harley Quinn numerous times over the course of their publication history. It's not clear yet how Birds of Prey will connect Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn to the heroines, but Mary Elizabeth Winstead said the movie is sort of a Suicide Squad spinoff, with Harley bringing the girl gang together. The Birds of Prey have worked with villains in the past, and Harley Quinn has definitely proven herself willing to cooperate with others when it benefits her."

It might be referencing the old, failed version of the BoP TV show that Harley was a recurring character in. 

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Harley_Quinn_(Mia_Sara)

Her transition to a part of the team in this is probably due the overall popularity of the character and her ongoing shift into moral ambiguity over straight up villainy 

Wow, I did not even remember that that was supposed to be her in that show. I remember the character but she was so different from every other iteration of the character that I completely forgot about it. XD

I only know cause a co-worker of mine from when I was worked security was a big fan of the show

Minor gripe: Her mallet should be bigger. Not crazy big, but bigger than it is in this trailer.

Better trailer though in general. :nod:

omfg the gay energy between black mask and Zsasz is glorious.