Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[09/19/19] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

Finished off :switch: DKC Tropical Freeze (100% but no Hard Mode), started :switch: New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. Originally I hated this game's control style so much on the Wii U that I didn't even bother 100%ing it. Mario slides a lot more, jumps heavier and with less momentum, and generally it's one of the most sluggish 2D Mario platformers, and I think at that time I was so used to playing Mario 1 (and beating the shit out of it on the regular) and had come off playing NSMB2 recently that it was just really noticeable how worse it. Gonna 100% it this time because I haven't played a 2D Mario in awhile so it's not as big of an annoyance.

That Mario game is on my watch list. I'd like to play it someday if I find a deal. 

We got to the Elite Four in Pokemon X this week, so this weekend we'll find out if my daughter can finish that off. 

Last night on a whim I picked up a rhythm game that was on sale for almost nothing. Just had to redeem some gold coins for it. It was trash :|

Also been playing a bit of Super Mario World on the SNES thingy. Not planning to finish necessarily, just having a bit of fun. 

• Like 1

Borderlands 3 for the PC. Finding an hour or two after the kids are in bed some nights. 

Also on Borderlands 3, but on PS4. 

Link's Awakening Tomorrow! 

Apparently I pre-ordered LA in multiple places. GameStop called me yesterday and said I could pick it up tonight, and Amazon sent me an email earlier saying my copy is shipped and coming in tomorrow. :X 

Nice :thumbs: I've never won but placed OK a few times. Normally I lose pretty early. Gimme a Yoshi 99 and maybe it's a different story.

• Like 1

I have discovered that there is more SUPERBEAT: XONiC DLC on Switch that I never had on Vita. Not sure if some of these tracks were ever available on the PS Store. So I got the SUPERBEAT bug again :music:

Still Borderlands 3.

Working on True Vault Hunter Mode playthrough.

Got Amara to 50 and about to get the quest for the OP as fuck grenade again, and this time it will be scaled to max lvl :drool2: 

Gonna be even better when I beat TVHM and unlock Mayhem mode for that so I can farm the fuck outta bosses with that grenade.