Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

Berserk

I got a hankering to dive back in after Platinum Trophy'ing the PS4 game. I've watched the various anime versions and movies and the game ends slightly ahead of where the PS4 game does (Hawk of the Millenium Arc I think), only thing I haven't done is read the manga (I generally prefer anime versions, but the spotty quality on the previous seasons and how slowly anything-Berserk seems to come out, I'll make an exception)

Awriiight, herewego

I'm following This Volume List

I don't think I'll have much extra to say for a lot of this.

Volume 1/Chapters 00a-00c [Future series spoilers/I'm commenting with future knowledge of the series up to the end of the anime versions and the end of the PS4 game in mind]

- Start with sex and violence so everyone knows what they're getting into
- Definitely a lot more bloody and violent than any of the anime versions allowed for.
- It's super interesting how much of the end-game of the Golden Age/The Eclipse Miura already had in place by the time the first chapter ended. The brand, Guts' rage over what happened, his and Casca and Griffith's abortion-demon, his insistence on not being touched as if he's regressing to old ways or trying to emotionally distance himself from everyone who died by insisting they were just weak, and how he proclaims to hate weaklings and how he doesn't care about anyone around him but yet tries to stop people from getting hurt around him.
- I enjoyed Guts enjoying killing the shit out of the King of Thieves because that guy was one of the most aggravating boss fights in Band of the Hawk. But I also liked how cowardly and afraid the King of Thieves became as Guts turned the battle around and defeated him.
- Interesting that the Priest with God on his side can see Puck, and doesn't think of Puck as blasphemy or anything like that.
- UGHHHH stepping through wooden spikes in his nightmares :sick:
- I forget if the anime versions ever mentioned or played off that Puck was an empath. Every scene where Guts is fighting or angry, Puck is crossing his arms and crying
- Guts saying things like "If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you, you'll be afraid to walk" and Puck not really buying into it at all
- Hrm, I don't think this Chapter with Heretical executions was in adapted. Guts spitting in the face of a soldier and then tossing the decapitated head at the fat leader guy with the brand painted on it
- So the Inquisition was already ongoing in the Black Swordsman Arc
- Drawing in the guts of the guys Guts cleaves in two :sick:
- "Now we're even" :lol:
- Guts smashing the warhammer so badly that it rebounds, destroys Zondark's helmet and has shrapnel digging into his face :nod:
- Oh, it's The Count.
- Whoa whoa whoa, the freaky little Doctor person has a Behelit (was that the same person who gave Griffith the Crimson Behelit? I feel like I've seen that design before)

• Like 1

The numbers of the volumes go in order the story was written so as long as you read the next numbered volume you’re good.

The doctor character looks similar to Minister Foss so that might be what you’re thinking of. He only appears in this arc. I believe and old woman gave Griffith the Behelit.

I remember thinking how amazingly plotted Berserk was when I read it. How many small details appear early on that foreshadow future events. The I read an article where Miura says he basically makes it up as he goes and I don’t believe that for a second :P

• Like 2

Next ? season ? of ? the ? tv ? anime ? needs ? to ? come ? out ?

• Like 1

I want them to do a Hellsing Ultimate or JoJo style remake where they adapt it all the way it's supposed to be

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tassifox said:

Next ? season ? of ? the ? tv ? anime ? needs ? to ? come ? out ?

:barf:

• ROFL 1

Volume 2/Chapters 00d-00e

- Oh right, The Count. This asshole was a decently easy boss battle but you could get stun-locked on him once in awhile
- I kind of like that the anime never really explained the Behelit to you unlike Guts explaining what it does this early on
- Puck trying to twist his face to look like the Behelit :lol:
- Zondark's attacks are too fast to see, but Guts is blocking them anyways, I really like how the action's depicted in this
- Smiling Behelit :shudder:
- Miura seems to have fun with depicting Puck quite a bit, like standing next to the Fairy sign
- Guts talking about how there's a price attached to ambition, too high a price leads to self destruction and how Puck is doubled over in agony over Guts self-hating and destructive anger
- Puck squaring up to fight Guts :lol:
- Guts doesn't bother saving Vargas even Puck tries, seems to feel regret over it, gets haunted by the demon abortion for it
- Huh. The Count has a daughter who he's "ridding the world of heretics" for but she also won't him touch her without her yelling... yikes
- Aha, Heretics sacrificed the Countess to an "Evil God", and now the Count is an Apostle himself, hunting down heretics to the point where he's just killing people who aren't heretics anymore
- Theresia's happiness that Puck will be back to see her later
- Guts is being attacked by a dick-squid
- Guts seemed fearful that The Count told him that Divine Providence can't be thwarted by mortals
- He's unconscious after The Count tossed him around, but still gripping his sword tightly. He learned a bit after The Eclipse (even though The Count finally KO's him hard enough that he dropped it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Galeigh said:

:barf:

I know the animation style is shit but the story made me push through it. Plus didn't they un-crapify it when it was going onto DVD?

Volume 3/Chapters 00f-00i

- So they established early on that Demons are kinda sad beneath it all
- Puck holding the Behelit while flying and its facial features are getting pulled up by his grip
- Guts pulling Theresia in front of the charging demon-Count, that's cold
- Ha, he went Zoro-from-One-Piece style with the sword in his teeth :lol: (or the other way around since it came first)
- Jesus, Guts, stabbing the Count repeatedly in front of Theresia knowing that he won't die easily
- Oh shit, the Behelit activated
- Fucking wow, Griffith and the Godhand introduced this early
- The Godhand lol'ing at the idea that Guts could be their enemy
- Femto proclaiming that Guts' existence is beneath his notice, which was what originally separated the two, because Griffith couldn't call someone without ambition his friend
- The brand causes ever increasing pain based on the power of the demon its near, even death if it's the Godhand, god damn
- The Godhand is making The Count sacrifice Theresia, because only a sacrifice of something meaningful to someone will open up a deep enough fissure/wound in someone's heart to allow evil to pour in and take over
- "Do what you did last time." Figured he sacrificed his wife
- Welp, she was a Pagan goat-demon fucker
- The Count's original summoning of the Godhand only had four ;)
- So the Godhand offers a life without pain to those ordained by fate
- And now threatening him because as a demon, he'll go to hell and eventually his indivudality will dissolve away
- Huh, The Count couldn't do it, and then Vargas soul was among those dragging him down to hell
- Guts last shot made Griffith make eye contact with him >: )
- Guts telling Theresia to kill herself, god dammit Guts
- "It's your life, do what you want with it."
- And then he ends up saving her from the collapsing floor
- Eyyyy Theresia's def gonna kill Guts at the end and then Mirua will give a cheeky wink and be all "I told you"
- Awwww Guts has a sad for some reason
- Baby Guts is Shisu's "toy to console her" after her pregnancy (that may or may not have been Gambino's) failed
- Sleeping with his sword as a child ?
- Ughhhh Gambino cares about his just enough that Guts is doing everything he can for recognition from him

Volume 4/Chapter 00j-00n

- Didn't need to see the rape scene :/
- Guts would rather get revenge than believe Gambino would sell him out like that
- Gambino's truly the worst
- That first night under the moon after killing Gambino
- Never made the connection between Guts hating being called a Mad Dog, Gambino hating him for being a "lonely puppy" and the actual Mad Dog demon that he seems to become
- The amount of detail on the double-page spreads where sieges and battles are happening is crazy
- Bazuso's eye-popping out when Guts brains him
- Corkus is the idiot to blame for everything, if he didn't want to rob Guts, everything would've been fine
- Casca's realization that she's dead when Guts defeats her in battle
- I like how the first you see of Femto in the manga, Guts can't do shit to him, and then the first you see of Griffith in the Golden Age, Guts again can't do shit to him
- That nightmare Guts has about Gambino, the imagery and PTSD-ness of it was a lot more intense than the anime
- One of the last things Gambino, the only person Guts cared about, said to him was "I wish you had died." One of the first things that Casca, the person Guts eventually cares about the most, said to him was "I wish you had died."
-  Guts making a point of noticing how youthful the Band of the Hawk is. Young people are more likely to get caught up in a Cult of Personality
- Guts asks Griffith straight out "Are you a homo?" after finding out that Griffith wanted him. But it's also Griffith with those freaky eagle eyes seeing through to someone's emotional weak point, I remember the original anime being really good at showcasing that
- Interestingly enough, Guts with the same attitude of acting tough and pushing people away as a youngster that he's again portraying as an adult in the Black Swordsman arc
- Also Guts hating Griffith's "damn superior attitude" which is something that made him angry about Gambino
- Griffith with his beautiful, flowing fighting style and Guts with his dirty, charge-forward, win-no-matter-what-it-takes style. When/if Guts kills Femto, he's gonna definitely do it dirty
- And Guts refusing to concede defeat even if it meant having his shoulder dislocated :shiny:
- Guts ready to kill the shit out of Corkus and the ambushers, Casca again tells him to go die and whotf would want him, decides to sleep sitting up with the sword on his shoulder :(
- Another thing I'll say about the manga, you can really tell Miura has a massive hard-on for medieval Knights, battles and military tactics. In the animes they still talked tactics and such but it felt more like action-scenes-to-serve-the-plot, but in the manga, there is so much page-space used to depict knights in battle and show how they're accomplishing their battle plans

My nephew was reading manga on his phone at a recent family gathering so I ask, what are you reading? Cause I'm the almost-hip uncle who kinda gets the stuff he's into. He says: Berserk. I'm like :uhoh: don't tell your parents about this one :rotfl:

I meant to start reading this way back,  I think after the first season of the new anime wrapped. Never got around to it though. How many pages is each chapter on average?

Edit: looks like my local library has up to volume 39 available. Guess I'll start borrowing some. 

• Like 2

The early volumes have uneven and sometimes massive chapter numbers (there's one volume that's just two chapters, both chapters over 100 pages), I think they start evening out later once it becomes a more regularly serialized manga but I haven't gotten there yet

Hmm...I just got my gigantic Berserk hardcover.  Maybe I'll try and read with you Ma. :shiny:

Covers the first 3 volumes.  I think my second hardcover is coming at the end of the month too. :shiny:

• Like 1

I'm planning on knocking off 1-3 volumes every Wednesday and Thursday until caught up, so there's def time to join in :thumbs:

• Like 1

Volume 5/Chapter 00o-06

- Guts casually killing horses :(
- Toasting the rookie with the bad attitude, Pippin's so strong that even Guts couldn't do shit about being carried away
- Griffith has a conviction in everything
- How dare you ;_;
- Guts gets the last bucket splash in their naked romp, and then Griffith gives up because Guts is stubborn (Totally foreshadowed the entire ending there)
- Fucking Zodd using his own dismembered arm to wipe Guts out with
- Dohohohoooo, Guts thinks more about Casca than he does about Griffith these days

Volume 6/Chapter 7-16

- "The Devil's Luck" that the Crimson Behelit prevented Griffith from being poison arrow'd
- Griffith with the murder eyes
- Did Griffith just give Guts the Kama Sutra to read :rofl:
- It's weird that Griffith would claim that he couldn't be friends with someone who has no ambition and that he thinks of Guts as something to posses, yet when it comes to things like assassinating Count Julius, Griffith asks Guts like he would a favour from a friend instead of ordering him. Sorta like his pride makes him claim one thing but his actions say another
- Fuckkkkkk, Julius was training his son while Guts was waiting to kill him and I was reading "Gambino and Guts" in it and then Guts flashes back to it himself
- And then when he kills the kid, it's basically similar to killing his young self and/or doing the same thing Gambino tried to do to him when he was a kid
- Even has a nightmare/fever dream where he's a monster like Zodd and he wipes out Gambino and Young Him
- Is it just me or are the small details even super-small? Like, hand size. Casca's are thick, used to wielding a sword and I think Guts even said once "that's no woman's punch" after she hit him, meanwhile Charlotte's are tiny and dainty.
- Death eyes to Foss
- Adorable how Guts is the one reprimanding Casca and she's the one Guts'ing him
- Ugh, Griffith's way of getting Casca to kill first to "save herself" when he could've easily saved her as a way to recruit her is ickkkk

Volume 7/17-26

- Griffith even remembers the boy soldier who died on the battlefield and that no one else seemed to
- And he pretends that boy's death didn't incite him to whore himself out to that old pedo of Doldrey for money even though it pretty much did
- Guts: "She'll bite it right off." Casca: *elbows him in the head* :lol:
- Casca beheading that dude in the Hundred Man Guts fight :shiny: (I guess that means he's 99 Man Guts)
- No matter how Casca flows in battle, Guts always finds a way to immediately have her back <3
- Tfw the feels are coming back
- Guts tossing off his helmet as Casca is escaping like he doesn't give a single fuck if he lives or dies (I think the first time in battle he's gotten rid of it like that too) :shiny:
- Casca remembers Guts as her pursuers are about to rape her, fights dirty like Guts would to survive :nod:
- Judeau to the rescue
- I always loved their reactions to coming upon the scene and being all "WTF, there's a hundred dead dudes here, he couldn't possibly have..."
- Casca finally gets the recognition from Griffith she's always wanted just as Guts made her think twice about why she does what she does for him. Guts really did fuck everything up about Griffith.
- Heyyyyy, didn't Puck say he worked in a traveling troupe? Judeau's implying he met Puck
- Oh mannnn, Oh man, Guts sitting by himself staring at the moon already instead of in the tent
- The campfire of dreams and Guts is just warming himself by it for now, just fuck my shit up all over again
- Guts is confident as long as he has his sword he'll survive, which makes the Skull Knight's future warning even more foreshadow-y
- Griffith saying he could take Doldrey with just the Band of the Hawk, then literally doesn't understand why everyone thinks he can't
- Kinda wish we could've seen Griffith and Boscogn match wits more, but Griffith dangling himself as a bait for old pedo was part of the plan and Griffith's wits too
- Griffith yells "We will be victorious" and Guts just goes full demon-mode

Volume 8/27-36

- Oh shi, I didn't remember that Boscogn actually busted Guts sword
- Zodd tossing him a sword, I think that did happen in the anime but was left out of the movies for some reason
- Griffith pretends like Gennon is beneath his anger and resentment, but his actions say otherwise
- Guts drops Zodd's Sword to pick up Casca
- Hrmmm, did the anime include the Queen plotting against Griffith too? That feels familiar but I also don't remember a Queen character at all
- Also that bit about the Queen and Julius having a side-thing seems familiar
- Ha, Corkus does a Hulk Hogan pose in the victory parade
- Women fangirling over Casca, men fangirling over Guts
- Fucking Guts doesn't recognize Casca in her ball gown at first :lol:
- They get titles bestowed on them, and Griffith can't even smile until he sees Guts smiling first
- I do remember Griffith giving the devil eyes to the Queen as she burned in the tower
- "They are the defeated who die."
- Corkus mad at Guts because only a few people in life get to be winners and everyone else has to make due, and because of Griffith, they won, but Guts wants to rise up to Griffith's level
- I love that The Morning Departure was the first time we got a look inside Griffith's head, how he's even willing to accidentally kill Guts if he can't have him, and then just how easily Guts just destroys him. Overpowers him in one blow, wrecks his emotional state and confidence (because Griffith is not used to losing and not used to not getting his own way eventually), topples down his dreams like nothing. I still think Guts is going to defeat Femto with one strike in the same way.

• Like 1

Volume 9/37-47

- Guts being a little jumpy at the night because it's been years since he's slept alone
- Because Guts was already born from a corpse, he's "closer to death" than anyone and therefore has an easier time escaping it
- Griffith smashing the Princess but all he can think about is Guts
- Much like Guts did later, Griffith forgot his sword
- I had somewhat wondered about the King "trying" to rape Charlotte because she was just a dainty teenager and shouldn't really be able to fight him off. Turns out she kicks like a horse and the King wants her to love him/accept him like that too :|
- One of my favourite elements of the series is how the Crimson Behelit floats away and then eventually finds its way back. Gears of fate and destiny and all that
- Eyyyyy Silat
- Guts headpatting the guy after he cut ahead of him in line :rofl:
- Silat gives a three count before he cuts off Casca's head, Guts counts four :shiny:
- Of course Guts catches the Chakram like it's nothing :lol:
- Aw, Gaston's still kickin
- Guts and Casca get together :') (but Guts is still bleeding guys)
- Also Casca keeps falling off cliffs and Guts keeps saving her, metaphorically and literally
- Fuckkkkkkkk PTSD
- Licking each other's wounds
- Dreaming of being a little boy rubbing in Gambino's medicine with his giant sword beside him ;______;

Volume 10/48-58

- Godo and Guts are similar, they've been swinging their things before they can even remember
- Guts is finally able to say "Come with me" to Casca ;_;
- The gradual rise of the supernatural, the King of Thieves being randomly spotted
- Griffith obsessively thinking about Guts is the only thing keeping him alive (and he even says "friendship")
- "He was the reason I was thrown into darkness..." Kinda did that yourself, Griffith
- He even wants Guts more than he wants a kingdom right now o.O
- Also one of my favourite scenes, when the bricks down in Griffith's prison cell and those small little demons emerge to let him know that they're going to meet soon (I think the anime also did this better, because we didn't see the other dimension/other side of the Behelit and we didn't see the Godhand before now, so you're kinda left wondering "What THE FUCK is that"
- Guts mounts his horse like nothing, Casca's mad at him because she's tender from getting some of Guts mountain training :lol:
- This bit with The Count eating the Band of the Hawk while the rescue squad is trying to get back Griffith is something that hasn't been in any other version, I think
- Curious why the Skull Knight saved Rickert. He does nothing at random
- Guts getting jealous that Casca is reacting jealously to Charlotte talking about Griffith, Casca getting jealous that Guts is carrying Charlotte on his back
- Eyyyy, backstory on Gaeseric aka probs Skull Knight
- And the implication that he sacrificed the kingdom for something to become the fifth of an Angelic Godhand?
- Griffith feebly tries to choke Guts, Guts hugs him
- Guts cutting out the torturer's tongue, telling him to "speak clearly" before dropping him down the middle of the Tower of Rebirth's hole. Showing his sadistic side that was so prevalent in the first arc.
- The King sure aged in a year
- Griffith intently watching Casca wipe the blood off of Guts
- Bakiraka, freaky-ass people-things
- WELP RIP CHARLOTTE (and the Bakiraka clan)
- Nice little exchange to get Charlotte out of the way
- Judeau using the sparks kicked up by his throwing knives ricochet to hit the right spot
- Griffith bonking on Pippin's head to let him know he can destroy the ceiling and expel the fire coming at them

Something I never quite put together before but starting to wonder

Every other Band of the Hawk member serves their purpose for Griffith... except Rickert. Rickert misses some of the major battles, Rickert is saved by the Skull Knight on the eve of the Advent when demons were snacking on the rest of the Hawks, Rickert's skillset was never utilized in rescuing Griffith, Rickert avoids becoming a sacrifice.

He's not just surviving this by the skin of his teeth, I'm starting to wonder if he's been pre-ordained for something else.

Volume 11/59-69

- Poor Corkus didn't get to direct the charge like a real general
- Wyald catches Guts sword in his teeth, god damn
- Griffith tries to draw his sword but can't even hold it
- God, Wyald is such a goofy looking fucker in his real form
- Annnd Guts just cut off his freaky dick-tongue
- Guts now strong enough to cut up a giant demon
- Griffith's biting his lip so hard it's bleeding
- Guts actually wanted to fight Zodd again and that's what a lot of his training was about, now he's using it on Wyald instead :nod:
- Even Griffith looking shocked that Guts took down Wyald
- Guts putting Griffith's armour back on him
- Ahhhh, Wyald is afraid of dying because he's seen the vortex where demon souls end up going
- And now he's begging Griffith to hurry up and summon the Godhand so he can be saved
- The Band of the Hawk are Griffith's toy, but Griffith is also their toy, their prize possession
- Zodd just fucking towers over Wyald then gores through him
- Weird how even though the Apostles have free will, Zodd is kind of doing the Godhand's bidding. Even telling Griffith that the Crimson Behelit will make its way back to him (though I also prefer how the anime did it, it just kind of rolled back up at the critical moment without warning)
- God damn, Wyald was a little old man?

Volume 12/70-79

- Griffith trying to take Casca the same way he did Charlotte, but fails
- "Why do I always see these things only after they're gone?" Just fuck my shit up
- Manga makes it seem like Griffith is laughing out loud, the anime actually had him barely able to make a sound
- As the eclipse is starting, Griffith's trying to the Band to stay away
- Freaky bullshit
- Ah, the fortune teller spells it out that Rickert has a huge effect on the future
- Guts with his tiny knife instead of his big sword
- The way the Godhand tells it, the Crimson Behelit marks a person who can become a Guardian Angel but only their potential, so it's possible Griffith could've just said "Actually, nah" and then all the demons would be like "DARN" and would all go away peacefully. I kinda always took it that fate/causality that gets talked about so much makes it impossible, they drive them into a corner and with their attitudes that they don't really have much choice in it
- The Godhand going to great lengths to sunk-cost Griffith into making the choice
- Hawks are the feathers of Griffith's wings

Volume 13/80-91

- This was probably most horrifying in the anime. The gore is much worse in the manga but the anime had that atmosphere about it and the red background
- Everyone else is panicking or trying to figure out how to escape, Guts is just trying to kill everything in sight and is actually accomplishing some of that
- Even biting them. Mad Dog
- Looks like the one I'm reading skipped Chapter 83/God of the Abyss 2. I think I'll read that when all caught up on the manga even though it's supposed to tell you what's happening, but the rest of the manga's kind of been explaining itself more than the other adaptations have too
- Come on man, you didn't have to make Gaston's head explode after he figured out he was a side-character in a manga :(
- Seems like Femto would be unfinished because Casca and Guts are still alive
- Legit the Godhand are all sitting up there going "FUFUFUFU" and one day Guts is gonna have them begging to not kill them while he fucks them up
- "If I get hit, I hit back." Kill'em all Gatsoo
- Guts finally has his dream, to kill the shit out of Griffith and all of Hell

Volume 14/92-99

- Godo making chastity belts?
- They also blew up Godo while showing Guts how to use the cannon arm :lol:
- Oh hey, Chapter 94 is the iconic rage-y Guts image
- That fucking Dragon Slayer :shiny:
- Eyyyy Serpico and Farnese
- The Holy see at least has correct prophecies
- I recall hearing that a mini-arc/Lost Children was left out of all the adaptations
-  Guts swinging the Dragon Slayer over the girl's head
- Same Elf that Rickert saw before the Band of the Hawk remnants got eaten
- Oh hey, the iconic evil-Guts smile is in Chapter 98 and about him talking about massacring demon elves
- Guts killing the shit out of Elves :rofl:
- God dammit Guts, using a kid as bait :nod:
- Guts, you can legitimately choke someone out with your T-shirt, you're going to kill that kid
- This arc so far feels really silly for the hardcore and awful content that Berserk deals in TBH

Lost Children is one arc I’m curious to go back and read because I’ve only read it once I believe.

such an odd vibe to go back to after the long Golden Age arc. It’s like “oh right, I was just reading an incredibly long flashback”

Volume 15/100-110

- Puck can't believe the Queen got mistaken for an elf :lol:
- This is kind of... goofy. "Guts somehow getting poisoned by demon children and then dead ones transform back into real children so Guts is killing kids, oh the horror and edginess"
- "She bleedin, ain't she?" Guts just grabs Puck and shakes him until Jill's healed :rofl:
- Guts hates looking at Puck because he's weak, but then Puck's perfectly fine taking one of Guts fingers with him if he has to :lol:
- Also blatantly admits the story would be too dark without him :lol:
- I guess at least the poisoning puts Guts in a bit of peril at night and maybe the Lost Children will play into the Demon Abortion's story a bit more
- Ohohohoho, found a Behelit
- Betchi the Behelit, Puck's Body Pillow
- Awriiight, Jill goes to slap Guts
- "It's so embarrassing and frustrating" :(
- (That anecdote about Killer Khan is real)
- We really just took multiple chapters to depict Guts fighting silly bug monsters
- Eyyy Farnese
- Fighting a giant Stag Beetle and Preying Mantis and all I think about are Heracross and Scyther from Pokemon
- Puck gets caught up in having fun, only to find out the ball they're using is an eyeball
- The Lost Children "playing war" and "adult attack" is pretty fucked up
- They're "playing human" but becoming demons makes it fun
- Psycho Guts setting fire to cocooned children

Vol 16/111-121

- Serpico figured out Guts style just from examining the massacre-site
- And Guts runs into fucking fire on purpose to burn the shit out of all the Insects trying to eat him o.o
- Yep, Guts skewers his arm on the Queen of Elves antennae, and then point-blank cannons her
- Guts slowly and evily realizing he can again use Jill as bait
- Fucking narrowly misses Jill's head as he's stabbing through her too x_x
- Jesus fucking Christ, Guts getting stabbed through both his cheeks :rip:
- Fuckkkk, the activation of Rosine's Behelit, finally seeing a real Elf after she'd eventually come to regret her life and choices
- Guts knocks Jill aside but still can't bring himself to slice through Jill to kill the Queen of Elves
- Jill's gonna try biting her way through her own tiny battle, fuck ;_;
- That arc did serve to give Puck an arc spotlight (he never really did get that in the anime), to show that despite Guts best efforts he can't become a truly inhuman killing machine, and to reinforce that the Behelits only offer the illusion of someone's dream coming true rather than the real thin. Griffith gave up everything for a Kingdom, but so did Rosine and it was a false kingdom built on illusions. It seemed silly at the start but served a purpose too
- The spirits tormenting Guts because killing demons meant that he killed kids too
- Things like this are things I expect to see in western comics more than I do manga, it's really interesting how sometimes this feels or looks less Japanese than something from here
- Puck going Guts mode to kill tiny demons :rofl:
- D'awww, Guts can't stay mad at Puck
- And calls him by his name ;)
- Just punching his way through the Holy Iron Chain Knights :lol:
- Farnese accidentally won the fight and defeated GATSOO (or Serpico adjusted it slightly so that she won)
- Just like Griffith, Guts makes no noise while being tortured. He can't be judged by lowly mortals

Vol 17/122-132

- Puck making Guts thank him, and then gets even more petty about it :lol:
- Serpico's eyes going wide open when the night monsters burst up after Guts, meanwhile Farnese can't perceive Puck
- Guts look as demon-like or more demon like than the demon dogs he's killing
- Eyyyyy Rape Horse
- Serpico admitting that even though Farnese got lust-zombie'd and humiliated, he's just not strong enough to take down Guts
- And then he fucking goes for it with eyes open when Guts turns his back :shiny:
- And he already perceives Puck, dat tricky Serpico
- General Laban's a pretty good guy
- The demons cursing the kingdom so Griffith can come gallop in an be seen as the saviour
- Griffith warning Zodd that he'll be his new Guts once this whole "Conviction Arc" business is done with
- Erica carefully catching Puck :lol:
- Puck recognizing Rickert
- Fuckkkkk, Guts telling Godo that no one understands because all of his irreplaceable things died like insects and then Godo tells him that he abandoned his last remaining irreplaceable things two years ago ;_;
- The Hill of Swords
- Thinking about the Band of the Hawk and he thinks back to the campfires on the hill
- Erica's gonna eat Puck :lol:
- "Rickert. Erica's your responsibility." ;_;
- Oh right, Mozgus clubbing a dude to death with his Bible :rofl:

Vol 18/133-143

- Eyyyy Isidoro
- Eyyyy Kushan
- Eyyyy Gatsoo
- Isidoro blankly following Guts after he just wiped out the Kushan :lol:
- Eyyyy Silat
- Kids fighting over Rats to eat
- Oh right, Conviction Arc = edgy torture porn
- Casca keeps reaching for the hawk
- Mozgus is such a cartoon character.
- Eyyyyy more Skull Knight backstory
- Surely, a lot of the pagan sex orgy was censored in the Japanese version?
- "Kiss his dick to defile God."
- For a second, Casca gets triggered and seems to remember who she is... and then it calls on more demons
- Puck tricks Isidoro into lifting up Guts sword and trapping himself underneath it :rofl:
- "I ain't about to be under anyone." And Guts just smirks because he knows what's going on
- Mozgus' wheel executions turning into Demon Wheels. Probs my fav monster I've seen in this so far
- Their fucking faces when Isidoro's sword breaks :rofl:
- And then Puck uses Isidoro as a shield while he freaks out
- And Puck seems to recognize Skull Knight somehow
- I liked that whole "reflection of moonlight on the water" metaphor as a description for what the upcoming event is and what they kind of exist as.
- "You shoulda bummed a ride off him" "OOG"
- Skull Knight kind of felt like an Elf?
- We just had a freaky monster sex orgy that everyone melted into, and now we're getting Farnese's backstory where she learns to control the shadows by throwing the torches and making them dance

Vol 19/144-154

- Mere mortals are so small-potatoes for Guts now
- Isidoro refuses to bow his head to become an apprentice, it makes him more of a man to sneak around and steal Guts' moves from him :lol:
- And he even thinks of a plan to take Casca hostage to make him do what he wants, and Puck's all "Two peas in a pod" :rotfl:
- The Black Witch and The Black Swordsman
- Isidoro: "You can all be sacrifices to my ambition." :nono:
- "Don't you wave that thing at me" As that monster-dick is making a "swing-swing" noise :lol:
- Oh right, the Great Goat was just a guy wearing a mask and then all of a sudden the demons made him a Dark Souls boss
- GUTS ;_;
- I like how the Egg of the New World is constantly creeping on everything that's going on
- Fucking Serpico being all "FUFUFU, I'VE FOUND YOU BLACK SWORDSMAN" and Guts just whips out his crossbow and Serpico's all "Uh...." :rofl:
- Serpico chose the one spot that all of Guts equipment and skills would work against him, and didn't bring anyone with him because "Allies infected with fear are worse than enemies" :shiny:
- Guts catches Serpico's sword with his bare hand and Serpico's all "Wtf mate" and Guts is all "Ya I've been killing the shit out of demons for a few years now guy."
- Christ, they close the iron maiden on Casca and then suddenly horrifying monsters start bursting out of the shadows of it instead :shudder:

Vol 20/155-165

- Nina's talking herself into dropping Luca and then Luca just lets go before she can get there
- The short torturer on Guts' back with the pliers and all I could think of was "OH NO, HE'S GOING TO PULL OUT YOUR TEETH, GUTS"
- Or he should've, he went for the eye and Guts caught it with his teeth
- Luca describing the showdown between the Skull Knight and the Egg of the New World as "ethereal" instead of freaking out like most people would :shiny:
- Y-yeah, fuck up all the normies, Egg-kun
- "His manhood's in pieces. God rest their souls" :lol:
- ELF STRIKE ANGEL GO STABBITY
- The Hand emerging out of the tower
- The dead bodies just barely taking form of the four other Godhand members
- Eyyyy Zodd
- The Demon Abortion is Griffith-ing in the Egg of the New World

Vol 21/166-176

- The chapter called "Leaping Fish" :shiny:
- Fucking Jerome trying to pretend like he's not part of all this bullshit because Farnese and Serpico are there :rotfl:
- Casca having flashbacks because the peasant mob reminds her of the demons :(
- Guts arguably failing to save Casca again, except this time he's fully armed and got the squad with him
- Bible blocked Guts sword
- God man, the monster blobs with the skeletons in them. Fucking detail
- "Those Who Cling, Those Who Struggle" Eyyyyy my favourite chapter/episode name *fires up nerdy speed metal)
- Guts was essentially useless during the Advent against the Godhand, but with this pseudo-Advent defeats a pseudo-Angel
- Christ, Guts kills an Angel in front of the people and the Slimes devour them, fuck that's brutal
- The Egg of the Perfect World's Perfect World is one where him and everyone around him are gone, like he never existed :/
- So as someone who has never broken a bone I'd probably freak out if I did too, but Nina complaining about a broken ankle after seeing Guts basically almost die every other fight is kinda funny
- The reassuring voice of Guts
- Puck goes Guts-crazy again, accidentally burns Isidoro :lol:
- Nina in the barrel in a fetal position the same way the demon abortion is in the Egg of the Perfect World
- Oh shit, the Demon Abortion turns into Griffith's corporeal body?
- FUCKING KUSHANS
- Eyyyy Silat
- Azan, my guy :shiny:
- ZODD WELL FUCK EVERYONE I GUESS
- Guts about to go savage monster but then Casca starts making noise and reaching out and it calms him right down
- Of course Guts is cutting apart the Kushan main army now..
- The nonbelievers lived because there's no God to save them and they got to live
- The Egg got his wish, someone remembered him
- "You could have one on the house as thanks" and "The boy with a slouch in his stride", holy shit :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
- I do wonder if the whole Egg thing would've actually worked without Casca and Guts and therefore the Demon Abortion existing in the Interstice. Griffith basically hitched a ride on something that exists between worlds and causality put all the pieces together, but Guts and Casca kinda exist outside causality to so how did causality make it all happen?
- "Introduce me to someone richer than you." Poor Jerome getting savaged

Awriiiight, Hawk of the Millennium STARTOH next time

Vol 22/177-186

- "A forest in a dream." I love how Miura makes his supernatural stuff almost about the feeling and emotions of the world around everyone shifting. He's said his stuff was more like a shoujou than a shonen, and I think this is one of the primary reasons why. Shonen are more about logically built systems that are activated through intense emotions, shoujou are more about feelings and emotions altering the world and people around them.
- Aww Godo :(
- Casca's so happy to see Erica
- Lying to Erica, Guts is the worst :nono:
- Guts forgot his urge to kill Griffith the moment he saw him as a human :/
- Just imagine reading this weekly and then being left with that cliffhanger of "Oh yeah, Griffith's hanging out here too."
- Rickert's sure been making a lot swords that are more useful to Griffith than anyone
- Guts yells "Why are you with Griffith?!" Zodd gives him a look like "Are you stupid? Look how pretty he is!"
- Did Guts just kick a sword into Zodd's gut? :rotfl:
- Griffith feeling something for Guts, trying to explain it away as the demon abortion who's part of his body
- Griffith inviting Rickert along :nono:
- So he protected Casca and still thinks it's the Demon Abortion's influence and not himself
- Damn, Silat, don't take shit from that guy :shiny:
- "We now return to our mission to find the Hawk." 3 Seconds Later "Hey guys, we found him!"
- Griffith has all the cheat codes on now
- The Moonlight Knight blasts off at the speed of light.
- Surrender now or prepare to fight.
- THAT'S RIGHT
- "Some day I'll lop off your head and make it mine."
- "The King of the Blind White Sheep." Schierkeeeee :shiny:
- Griffith makes people feel like they're in a fairy tale
- Farnese orders Serpico by the fire, knowing he doesn't like fire
- Farnese treating Serpico almost like a wounded animal she's nursing back to health
- Sic'ing dogs on him, why didn't you just kill her in her sleep? :nono:
- Man, Farnese is massively fucked up.
- "Oh, I thought so." Just a random "Oh yeah, I'm your dad."
- Fire has multiple meanings of both personal damage and warmth to Farnese and Serpico
- She fucking throws her glove in a nobelman's face for insulting Serpico, and then makes him actually fight the duel :rotfl:
- Now she's turning him into her ragdoll bunny, loving him and eating him. What the fuck, Miura?
- Serpico rejected her and that was it for her feelings for him, and the mansion they lived in, and her marriage, and what remained of her rational thoughts
- Coincidentally, heretics started burning down mansions, and now Farnese gets to burn down the world around her
- Can't tell if Farnese's mad jealous and wants him to burn his mother as revenge or if she hates that she has to make him do this in order to keep his name clear

Vol 23/187-196

- Snowman monsters :rotfl:
- The Black Dog telling him to kill Casca, become "closer" to Griffith and hunt him down :/
- Guts doesn't even help Puck with the octopus monster :rotfl:
- Choking out Casca because the pressure of protecting her is getting to him.
- Damn, Casca went for his knife
- Oh fuck, she PTSD'd out and hacked up the bandits
- Jesusssss, the imagery of the black dog tearing her to shreds :sick:
- Just in time for the nerd squad to come back together
- Guts feeling powerless again, just gives in to letting everyone follow him so it'll be easier to look after and protect Casca
- Eyyyy Psychic Waifu
- The New Band of the Hawk using what the Kushans use to recruit their army, but they're also using what Griffith used on Guts to get him in the fold
- "Shall I hold your hand?" Shoulda said yes :nono:
- "Next time I'll bring you a corpse." Actually maybe don't hold her hand
- I wonder if Griffith is sending those souls to a heavenly plane or if they're ending up in that void that all the demons are afraid of
- Guts actually training Isidoro :lol:

Vol 24/197-206

- Isidoro is the fucking worst. Pretending to happily hug the man he robbed who was still showing him charity, just so he can get close enough to side-suplex him :lol:
- "I've survived because of these stones my wits." "And your impudence and depravity..."
- Two-handed style, and he was doing pretty good :shiny:
- I like how Isidoro is basically the classic shonen hero archetype.
- Fucking Puck's wry smile :rotfl:
- Schierke :shiny:
- I love how they're hiding Schierke's face and making her seem all sinister, when she's the Shoujo Magical Girl to Isidoro's Shonen Hero
- Casca's teasing ape-brained Isidoro :lol:
- Puck killing a Golem figurine is adorable
- I think Flora's quietly shipping Isidoro and Schierke
- "You may rest easy for the night." :')
- The World of the Idea ooooooooo
- "Savor the taste" Fucking Puck :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
- Accept the mysteries and explore the universe from within your world
- I wonder if the Abyss/Void is the same place that all the demons are being sucked into when they die. Seems like this Age of Darkness/Godhand thing is just them in their fear trying to get as far away from it as possible
- Dat Casca booty
- Ha, what if the Behelit actually is Puck's and the story's been telling us this the whole time but he just assumed it was Guts
- God bestows upon us fate, but it is the children of men who choose it. A Behelit's the proverbial devil's contract, right at your moment of biggest weakness and when you need it the most
- Isidoro is going to burn the world down :rotfl:
- The shoreline to the sea. I love how there's always useful basic metaphors to describe the ethereal world
- Guts giving Farnese the job of defending Casca, just as easily a Griffith gave Guts the job of defending the rear
- D'awwww, Schierke knows she's not going to be taken seriously as a witch so she's hiding behind Gatsoo
- She won't use magic to prove to the townspeople that magic is real but she's totally fine cursing Isidoro :lol:
- Guts is a monster who eats monsters
- The old man relaying how his childhood dreams kind of just slowly died as he became an adult
- "Yeah, they're assholes, why just not let'em die." Good old Guts

Vol 25/207-216

- That rush of Wind Spirits going at the trolls :shiny:
- It looked like they protected Serpico from the attacker from above even though he didn't swing it too
- Isidoro throwing the seeds at the Trolls and it works ('tweren't very cool :lol:)
- Guts the Human Windmill, doesn't need magic in the slight least
- Guts might just be superman because his remaining in the Interstice means he can project his will enough to affect living matter (maybe that's why Casca doesn't have scars anymore? Her brain is protecting her from her scars and traumas?)
- Isidoro's being swung by the sword because he's still not used to the physics and mechanics of swordfighting
- "King of the East" Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I think I saw thing in Band of the Hawk
- Four Sacred Kings, just like there was Four Angels before the Advent. Mebs Guts is the fifth sacred King, the King of DEATH
- "God's name belongs only to God." The words and mantras are different, but the spirits salvation are the same regardless. God I love the metaphysics of Berserk
- The only way to perceive those who exist as ideas is through the mind.
- Fucking hated the Ogre fight in Band of the Hawk, it always came with a Seahorse monster
- Yeah, the Kelpie
- Puck's eyes when he's letting everyone know that Guts fighting the Ogre is fine, it's what he does
- Serpico's already so used to the Wind Elementals that he just jumps off the church knowing that he'll float down
- "Openweight division tag match" :rotfl:
- "I'll simply blow it around" Right into the point of Serpico's sword :shiny:
- Notice how they keep giving each other into each other's care. Guts gives Casca to Farnese, Serpico gives Farnese to Guts, everyone gives their own well-being to Schierke when she's spellcasting.
- "Taint" *snickers*
- Face Man the Pseudo-Behelit
- Puck and Isidoro are more bothered by being used to freaky monster shit than the actual freak monster shit :lol:
- The Trash Compactor Monster from Star Wars. a Malboro from Final Fantasy

Vol 26/217-226

- Guts knows just what to say to his party of adventurers... kinda like Griffith used to :x
- "There's too many Trolls, wtf bro" "Nah don't worry, I got it."
- Isidoro's the rear guard :')
- "First hundred-man... no, hundred-beast kill-fest I've had in a while." :shiny: :shiny: :shiny:
- Guts recognizes the feeling when the Godhand Angels are near
- "Why not make a sacrifice, as he did?" Mother fuck, they're TEMPTING Guts to try to make him one of them.
- "Whore Princess of the Uterine Sea" is definitely one of the GOAT chapter names
- Slan's surprise and excitement at Guts actually shooting through her ethereal form
- The fucking demonic smile on Schierke's face when she says "Rot"
- Guts actually defeated a variation of the Advent.
- The Sword of Actuation is meant to throw the Angels into the void that demons are afraid of. God damn, there's a lot that the various anime versions left out :shiny:
- "Companions." Just wreck my shit out of nowhere again why don't you
- IIRC correctly the anime moved that "companions" moment to the end of the season
- Karma is a spiral. similar paths but they don't have to be the exact same
- Schierke's thoughts are all "Wtf even happened?" and Guts is like "I killed the shit out of an Angel."
- The Skull Knight has no name to give to mere War Demons :shiny:
- Fucking Guts eye as soon as he hears Grunbeld mention The Band of the Hawk
- Afternoon tea with the Golems ;_;
- The Skull Knight and Zodd both have different reasons from usual to fight each other
- "I'm the one disciple of Flora, Mistress of the Spirit Tree." She's such a cute little witch but they make her seem so badass with the way they depict her with a shadow covering her face

Vol 27/227-236

- Guts memories of the Band of the Hawk are like the same campfire lights
- Flora's talisman was protecting Guts ego from giving into his black dog
- The look on Guts face when Casca's still afraid of him
- "We'll meet again your dreams." "My sunshine"  :cry:
- Corpses everywhere
- Oh shiii, is Foss leading the resistance?
- The Alligator Men were some of my favourite monsters to cut down in Band of the Hawk
- There were missions involving this storyline to end Band of the Hawk but they never told storyline specifics so most of this is new to me
- Charlotte sees her father, and then all the Griffith embroidery makes itself known
- Inhumans want to get near Griffith because he's the closest thing there is to God, but the Kushan Emperor would rather he have his territory as a demon king
- Also Guts and Casca exist within the Interstice now, making them somewhat Inhuman. It explains their reactions to Griffith after he was reborn, Guts temporarily forgetting his rage and Casca reaching out to him
- Dangling women over alligator monsters. Well, okay then
- Making demon babies. Well, okay then.
- Sir Locus looks like a Legendary Pokemon
- Silat, just join the Band of the Guts already
- A full moon looking down on Ganishka.
- Griffith is going to fairy-tale fly Charlotte on her bed out of the tower? Wtf?
- Good guy, Zodd
- Guts is losing weight and his wounds aren't healing, fuck
- I assume Elfhelm is actually going to be Elfhell, burned to the ground etc

Vol 28/237-246

- "That struggle is nothing short of sublime." If you do say so yourself, Miura :lol:
- Guts never leaves his sword behind now
- Schierke trying to recite what death means to magic users but it still makes her sad :(
- She stuffs Ivalera in her hat as Ivalera is DOHOHOHO-ing at her crushing on GATSOO
- "Don't steal my thunder" Despite his gruff exterior, Guts still wants to look cool :rotfl:
- Griffith is in a story and challenging the writer, fucking metaphors man
- And the struggle within Guts is to protect or fight back, possibly can't do both
- CASCA MIGHT GET HER MIND BACK... but would that be a good thing? :x
- "There's no guarantee your wish will be her wish." Yeah, she might not want to come back out :/
- Casca found a random child. Demon abortion somehow survived? Mer-person/Siren coming to kill them?
- Puck kept quiet about Hanafubuku, they think it might be because he didn't know. I wonder if he's either already Hanafubuku, or an Elf Prince or something shit like that
- Guts thinking the same thing, Casca taking care of the mystery kid reminds him of the Demon Abortion
- YOSHHHH, Alligator men. I take it the rest of this arc was part of the video game, but only the battles, I've never seen this child before.
- Turned away a Crocodile Man. Could be the Demon Abortion was reborn in the Egg of the Perfect World and Griffith was just making up excuses for why he still felt feelings
- Just the way Serpico just floats through the battlefield and kills everything with clean swipes and strokes, whereas Guts is just gigantic, violent bloody swings
- Deep sea Elephant
- Team Monkeys and Team Witches
- The Berserker Armour is killing the shit out of the crocodilesa and they're running away in terror :rotfl:
- Guts brain imagery of the ocean at night representing his descent into berserk armour fury and then turning to light and rising above it as Schierke brings him back to his senses... like a fish leaping out of the water
- Isidoro is insensitive to danger, because they're around it all the time :lol:
- Was that light not Schierke?
- The cannons coming out of the ship's googly eyes
- Team Monkey excited to see all the mustering armies
- Must be everyone getting together to fight the Kushan
- Randel's like Australia.
- Morgar and Wallatoria are small but used to fighting Kushans
- Guts old home on the battlefield
- Oh my god, Isidoro is a fanboy for the "Captain of the Raiders" and doesn't know he's already with him :rotfl:
- These are not the droids you're looking for
- Puck trying to life Isidoro's spirits with a banana
- They hung all the Kushan slaves because they can't have obvious traitors in the midst
- This squire or knight saw Puck
- Oh shiiiiit, that's Griffith's telepathy waifu. That Knight guy must've been the guy that the telepathy waifu was leading around
- Schierke's an owl, and Telepathy Waifu hates Charlotte

Vol 29/247-256

- "That's what they call a treasure chest... pirate booty!" Isidoro digging himself a hole with Schierke :lol:
- Isidoro cuts the adult pirate and realizes he didn't even have to think about doing it, just reacted that way
- He's stopping her from using her magic so she doesn't reveal herself in public
- "The Duck Knight"
- Isidoro's pushing himself because he wants to be able to kill without hesitation if need be
- A stereotypical pirate fighting a stereotypical knight, so weird in Berserk
- The Wild Duck will have to wait
- Did they just randomly step on whatsisname from the Holy Iron Chain Knights? :lol:
- Hrmmmmm, Sonia trying to recruit Schierke away from Guts. She was one of the ones called by Griffith's reawakening but also turned away from it, no?
- Schierke looks off to the entrance of the city and Guts is there waiting to see what she's going to do <3
- So we've seen that Zodd is Griffith's new Guts, Sonia and the Duck Knight are Griffith's Isidoro and Schierke. They're pairing off opponents.
- "Stitches for Witches" AHAHAHAHA SCHIERKE'S SO EMBARRASSED
- Berserk bar fight
- "Persistent practice is sure to bear fruit" as she's holding a fruit
- Maybe Casca yoinking the fruit away from Farnese is foreshadowing that she shouldn't use it
- Well, at least Papa Vandimion's kind of a dick to most of his kids
- "The power of the sadness of someone who couldn't be trusted" :lol:
- Schierke casts a spell to make Guts forget while Isidoro is drowning :lol:
- God, this entire crew is going to die too aren't they
- Schierke embarrassed about trying to get Guts to say Ahh :lol:
- Fucking splashed the soup in his face while Casca's eating puck :rotfl:
- Aristocratic infiltration adventure, don't have too much fun
- Farnese's being married off in exchange for a boat
- The White Lily of the Field, this asshole is almost as smooth and corny as Griffith
- Farnese saw the Band of the Guts as a warm fireside, again with fire as a motif for her
- Mom letting it slip that Papa fears her because he doesn't understand her at all
- Vandimions based off the Medicis?
- The next age is the age of discovery and shipping lanes, these Crusade type wars are going to be old news :shiny:
- "How lovely the scent of the forbidden." Mama Vindimion def must be a demon
- Shit yeah, Demon... Dogs/Cats?
- YOSHHHHH Go-time between Serpico and Guts, I just remembered this from the game :shiny:
- Serpico lured him into a collonade room because it's hard to swing his giant slab, Guts just destroys the collonades instead :nod:

Vol 30/257-266

- Almost immediately, Serpico would've been dead if it wasn't for a column
- The sword physics explanation
- Guts switches his grip to block Serpico's sword thrust on his hand
- D'awww, Serpico's still intent on protecting Farnese from the Black Dog/Berserker Armour
- Puck building Serpico a casket :lol:
- "It happened by chance." Guts is a goddamn demon
- Isidoro's face when Guts lets him know that they were fighting for real
- "You die and no one cares." God dammit, Yoda-Puck :rotfl:
- Schierke giving him back his gear <3
- I fucking love the Tiger Demon/familiars
- Papa Vandimion's face when it's Farnese who's jumping into action, dude's afraid of her
- Looking forward to the world-elites shitting their pantaloons that the Black Swordsman is more monstrous than even the rumours suggest
- D'awww, Casca's happy to see Farnese
- Mistress of the Thorn Snakes. Now we need a showdown between Farnese and the Whore Princess of the Uterine Sea.
- Eyyy, Sir Roderick's got balls
- Mama Vandimion seems kind of jealous that Farnese gets to do cool witchy things
- Kushan Emperor is an apostle, now Guts def wants to kill him, this should be fun.
- Now that Roderick knows that Farnese is a Witchy Monster Slayer, he wants her even more
- OH SHIT SOMEONE RECOGNIZED GUTS
- "Those guys are gone now" ;_;
- The world being like a painting, something that adorns walls but without a sense of real feeling
- Oh good, Griffith's going to become Battle Pope
- Feathers of light, the Duck and whatever Sonia considered herself
- "If it comes down to it, do your thing." D'awww, Guts
- Schierke pok-ing a demon in the face :rotfl:
- Guts stabbed a fucking hole in the goofy sea elephant monster's head and then cannon'ed its brains out :shiny:
- God damn that volume flew

Vol 31/267-276

- Casca shushing Farnese's bro :lol:
- Schierke's astral form, like a reflection on the water
- Guts just casually killing dozens of Oni-like demons
- The Black Dog looking like it's crawling up his back
- Wheel of Flame :shiny:
- "You got a low charisma stat" Puck while Isidoro's Salamanders are abandoning his knife :rotfl:
- Schierke getting a blushing piggy-back ride from Gatsoo
- She's physically trying to pull the Berserker Armour back knowing that she can't call him back this time :(
- Did Guts just jump through the sea elephant's eyeballs?
- Ooooo, she gut sucked into the Armour itself
- Kushan and Midlanders have different systems of magic :shiny:
- And this Kushan seems to recognize the Berserker armour too?
- She opened the eyes, which means maybe he gets an upgrade now?
- Looks kinda like what Femto is for Griffith
- Ah yes, the Secrets of Yoga :lol:
- Eyyyyy, this boss fight with Ganishka did happen in the video game, but I wasn't expecting it here
- Asks Guts to join him, finally someone intelligent among the Apostles
- Eyyyy Zodd-kun
- Ganishka going all Godzilla on the flying monsters :nod:
- Zodd trying to fight Ganishka, probably to save his war buddy ;)

Vol 32/277-286

- Art's taking a bit of a dip or whatever method they used to scan it isn't great
- D'awwww, Guts riding horseback with his brony Zodd
- And Zodd's protecting Guts with technicalities even though Guts is trying to break them
- Serpico making the choice for Guts, telling him he doesn't care about feuds between monsters
- Oh my god, is whatsisname from the Holy Iron Chain Knights accidentally going with them :lol:
- Griffith shining like a far-off kingdom
- "Massive Invasion"
- Just join Guts already, Silat
- And all of a sudden, the art's back to being crazy detailed
- WAR ELEPHANTS
- God damn, Griffith's archer is so strong that it's straight knocking heads off
- And jaws and noses
- All their generals are dead so they charge into the moat like lemmings :lol:
- Wait, didn't Guts kill the Dragon Apostle? Or is that a different guy?
- Ganishka's reaction to Griffith, he simultaneously makes everything all right but also makes them desperate for more
- Griffith stalemates so they can fight it out in the royal city
- Oh man, Griffith just cemented legitimate power with Midland
- Papa Farnese tries to say "B-b-b-b-but we're fighting for the Church" and Griffith cartoonishly roles out the Pope :rotfl:
- RIP, Isidoro's future children
- Puck makes Azan "seasick" :lol:
- Eyyyyy astral projection

Vol 33/287-296

- Popped back before they could hear the juicy gossip
- Guts diving in to save Casca again
- He's drawing parallels between losing his arm and trying to save Casca with his metal arm and the old and current Casca, just like his arm, it's not gonna be the same again
- Guts bulging back muscles giving Schierke the doki-dokis
- Miura's had a hankering for naval combat :shiny:
- Eyyyyyy, Roderick's actually a high-seas badass
- Isidoro looking through Puck looking through the spyglass :lol:
- "So you're not just a wussy lady-killer" :lol:
- Black Dog wants Guts to get really close to the new crew so he can lose them and they can go wild :(
- Who gave Isidoro some rum :lol:
- Holy shit, Puck's face after overhearing that plot to conquer the Elf islands :rotfl:
- They offer to make Puck the King and now he's sitting on his head, you're the worst, Puck :rotfl:
- Guts can't help but brood in front of the moon by himself
- Whoops, another dream presaging Griffith winning everything again
- Thattttt transition from Griffith to the Skull Knight
- Ganishka dipped himself in and became a demon god, ruh roh
- Or maybe he's become a death fog that'll just kill all of the Kushan for Griffith
- Yo dawg, I heard you like Apostles, so I put a Behelit in your Behelit so you can Reincarnate while you Reincarnate
- Are they sneaking out wearing Kushan armour? :shiny:
- Oh shit, the Band of the Hawk's "Espionage Division" is already on the scene
- Eyyyyyy Silat
- Very Guts-like counter-philosophy from Silat after the feeling of the Band of the Hawk is almost like destiny
- Ganishka went down to rabbit hole and came up with freaky monster tentacles and/or Godhands
- "Well, fuck us, I guess."
- Serpico-powered sails
- Using the pet Behelit to fish, probably not a good idea
- Puck tries to sacrifice Ivalera to calm down the Behelit, he's the worst :lol:
- God fucking god, the art on Ganishka
- His perspective is so warped he thinks it's insects and spontaneously blooming red flowers
- The Beast of the End

Vol 34/297-306

- The fucking art on giant Ganishka, man
- And everything is so small that they can't contemplate them as his former soldiers, they're just insects
- He's become a world-ending monster god, and he's lonely because no one's there
- It's almost like he's a sentient Advent
- I guess this is all just to show how overwhelmingly powerful Griffith is and that Guts probably has no chance
- People finally starting to question Griffith a bit because "WHY ARE YOU LEADING DEMONS"
- "Maybe he's one too."
- YEAHHHH BATTLE WAIFU
- Hair arrows
- Wait, if the Demons suddenly become happy because the humans are now their buddies, won't that rob them of their evil power
- Apostles met death at the brink of karma
- I like how they're just showing the eyes in Ganishka's flashback
- He had to cultivate fear greater than his own personal fears
- GANISHKA SEES FEMTO
- HOLY SHIT SKULL KNIGHT'S BEHELIT SWORD CREEPING IN
- Holy shit, the Skull Knight was either looking to black hole everyone, or his sword strike missed and causality made it black hole everyone
- God-nuked the world
- The Godhand manifesting with real bodies

Christ, Miura took a volume off on the storyline and just decided to flex on the rest of humanity with his art x_x

Vol 35/307-315

- Did Skull Knight turn Ganishka into Yggdrasil?
- Falconia made Griffith's dream city come true... which means Guts is going to destroy Griffith's dreams? :shiny:
- God, the fucking art.
- So did Griffith raise a human and demon army because securing Falconia means possibly fighting everyone's dreams and nightmares and imagination?
- "We won't go hungry if our bellies are filled with rage" :rotfl:
- Drawing on Schierke's face while she's astral-surfing, holy shit :lol:
- Panicking about monsters drawing near, and meanwhile Puck's all "Actually it longer than usual for them to show up this time." :lol:
- Miura finally getting interested in pirates and ships = the rest of us get to see him draw extremely detailed pirate ships :shiny:
- "We retired from the Bein Human business too"
- Guts is only half awake, so he might accidentally kill everyone and destroy the ship in the crossfire
- I assume this Ghost Ship stuff was after an IRL long break? The way it's being presented, they had the pirate captain use exposition as if he was reminding everyone of what happened before, and Guts is talking about being rusty and whatnot
- And now, an excuse to go inland and figure out what happened to the entire world
- Isidoro, waifu GET
- Are all the people actually freaky octopus monsters
- Awriiight, she's probably a sea god or a freaky monster going to eat them both, but maybe she's excited about the outside world too
- The Ghost Ship is climbing up the cliffside
- "This is the Ghost Ship, absurd is what we do"
- The eyeballs coming out of the port windows :lol:

Vol 36/316-324

- "Guts has gone berserk" That's a shark-jumping line if I've ever seen one
- Eyyyy Demon Fetus here to calm him down
- "Nudity's best for your health" Puck :lol:
- Scherike Backpack Mode
- Awriiight, we goin Super Mario into the giant sea god's mouth
- It's so big that it's heartbeat pulse sounds like a cannon
- The art when the ship starts firing on the slugs
- Sea God Squid Monsters burp too
- "Wind-Charm Guy"
- "Our Buckethead"
- The Pulse of the Sea God will drive you crazy
- The Sea God IS the island?
- Spoke her true name, went Mermaid
- "FISH!!" :lol:
- The crew is so non-chalant about Isma turning into a mermaid because they've seen too much bullshit already :lol:
- If someone knows your true name, they'll have control over you. Like... say... for instance... Femto?
- Puck has never heard of this true-name stuff :rofl:
- "Justin Bailey" Holy shit, that's the Metroid code to play the original Metroid as Samus in her leotards/without her armor
- This arc is strange. It's really fun the same way a Pirates of the Caribbean movie would be, but this is also rape-murder-demons Berserk, Fantasia's almost changed it to the fantastical.
- And maybe the whole point of this is that Falconia/Fantasia is just a falsehood and Griffith's dream kingdom was never real. Griffith represents a dream world where everything works out and everything's wonderful and Guts is about recognizing and facing stone-cold reality.

Vol 37/325-333

- Guts can't see or hear anything, because of the heart-beat
- I think Miura just wanted to draw a lot of boobs
- Guts drowning in monster blood seems apropos in a way
- Roderick's pretty bro for volunteering to go into the dead Sea God's body. He's adjusted pretty amazingly to all this supernatural bullshit all things considered
- Guts getting raised to surface by naked mermaid waifus is hilarious to me for some reason
- The Berserker Armor is starting to take Guts sight
- Guts thinking about Casca as she used to be :(
- And then the Black Dog makes sure he doesn't forget about the Advent
- Ahhh, back to Berserkian awfulness, Martino uses teen-Guts as a decoy
- Gambino congratulating Guts on being a good decoy  :angry:
- And he's actually giving him good advice
- "Don't even trust your father out here."
- An Elf with his flower
- G-Guts and Chitch ;_;
- Fucking stuck his sword-hilt in the guys eye
- Eyyyy Martino
- Chitch :(
- Eyyyy, Rickert and Erica on the move
- The fucking look on the horse :rotfl:
- Monster men killing monsters to protect humans
- Irvine seems impressed with Rickert's automatic crossbow cannon
- Griffith's kingdom is a paradise and the only place where humans can live as humans

Vol 38/334-342

- Good fucking god, the art on the gates to Falconia, what the fuck
- Eyyyyy Luca
- Guts is gonna end up killing a shit-ton of people while looking like a demon when he does it to take Falconia down :uhoh:
- D'awwww, Erica gets tricked and hypnotized into helping out the bearded old man (wasn't that one of the Kushan sorcerors that Guts and co fought?)
- Dohohooooo, Erica saying things that Luca's recognizing, they both know Guts. I guess the old man wasn't one of the bad guys
- Kaiju fights in Pandemonium
- HOLY SHIT RICKERT SLAPPED GRIFFITH
- The Falcon of Light is not his commander ;_;
- Rickert's got bitches after him, Erica's getting in the way dohohohooooo
- Eyyyyy Silat, thanks for the save
- The big muscle think Erica is call the other guy an orc :lol:
- Flamethrower
- Puts his fire out by dousing himself in the blood of a horse he tears apart
- Nah let's not kill Erica please
- Oh hey, Beardy was one of the Kushan generals
- Bazooka'd
- "A young man sets out on a journey across the vast seas of life, the prologue of Berserk" God dammit, Puck :rotfl:
- They all know Puck's gonna try to overthrow the Elf king and their only response is "This is gonna be painful."
- Aren't those guardian golems?
- Aha, island silliness ensues

Vol 39/343-350

- Monster pumpkins :lol:
- Isma picking up a monster pumpkin and using it to smash another monster pumpkin :rotfl:
- Wicker Man, what the fuck, I thought we were done with horror-shows for awhile
- Puck gets recognized
- A small storm will take many lives and return as a typhoon. Guts gon' go crazy after this
- This old man on the goat has one eye closed, don't trust him, guys
- The tree scaring the shit out of them
- "Pound him according to rhythm." The Engrish translating is getting kind bad in this chapter, but that one lol'ed me
- WITCHY TREATS
- Ooooo, Yggdrasil binds together all the different planes of existence, Griffith is going for the whole shebang
- Behelits open a dragon's road to the abyss, that must mean there's other ways to open other roads
- Spiritual mistletoe
- Isidoro asking Guts if he knew his idol, the Hundred Man Slayer :lol:
- More Pucks!
- The plan to overthrow the kingdom immediately fails, see you in Valhalla, holy shit :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
- We're seeing so much Disney magic that I'm just waiting for something to show up and try to slaughter and massacre everything
- AHA, I was wondering why some of the elders were wrinkly old dudes and the only one who wasn't was a younger woman. Elf Queen
- The Puck Family getting their SERIOUS on
- She tells Puck he has to do work if he's the King, he immediately switches to ALL HAIL ELFHELM
- "It would be a pigsty" and smary-ass Puck with a "She's right, you know" look on his face, holy shit
- Uh oh, Farnese and Schierke are gonna enter Casca's dreams. Guts never told them about the Advent
- Also it's all of Guts fangirls in one place, this may turn ugly
- Oh fucking god, the Eclipse at the end of Chapter 347
- An impaled hound draggin a casket, Guts and Griffith?
- Nope, a smashed apart puppet Casca :(
- Witches brewing a "bath" for Isma so they can Merrow scales and extract from her
- "When I meet my end, I want to drown in the sea, in wine or in women." I've been waiting for Roderick to betray them somehow and he keeps being more of a bro instead
- A campfire. Kill me
- The campfire of dreams
- Don't look Schierke, not even for scholarly reference
- There's someone little Casca wants to see

Vol 40/351-357

- Guts the dog protecting Farnese
- Little Casca wants to ride it out
- Penis monsters
- This is goofy and HORRIFYING at the same time
- Mozgus using the power of God to destroy Penis Monsters, very fitting
- Now the Hawk should be able to kill everything easily
- Farnese brought Berserker Armor Gut's laundry with her
- YEAH, KILL'EM ALL, GUTS
- Flora, fuck ;_;
- "We could always meet in dreams"
- The Demon Abortion
- Farnese is doing for Casca what Guts did for her
- Little Casca waving at Farnese as she goes back through the puppet door over her brand
- She thanked them for taking care of her ;__________;
- She doesn't remember the Advent
- "Do you remember Guts" and her eyes start welling up
- Casca was only looking up from the surface of the ocean floor
- And just as she sees Guts, and imagines him as he used to be, all the bad memories start coming back :(
- Meanwhile, Griffith is fighting norse giants who use skinned people as flags
- They found stonehenge
- They galloped across the heavens and used the World Tree's Branches to return to Falconia :shiny:

Chapter 358

- Griffith has an endless battle with fantasy creatures and a Kingdom that only holds together if they see him perform his ceremony. It's basically a child's fantasy. He's the super-cool King that everybody loves and needs and there's all sorts of dragons to slay
- And now he's instilling a modern school system
- And the draft. Griffith is becoming America
- And he's solving all of Donald Trump's problems quickly and easily
- Probably don't follow in the footsteps of Skull Knight, guy
- Sonia's bird face when she sees Charlotte and Griffith

- Battle Casca is back :shiny:
- D'awww, Casca making Farnese cry
- Poor Vikings got Golem'd
- Guts doesn't want to ruin everything by interrupting
- She's talking to him
- He won't come out from behind the tree ;_;
- She can't even talk to Guts without losing it :(