Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

Dr Stone

Ep 16 was pretty awesome

As soon as they were in space and you could see all the blondes, it was like "OFUCK THEY MISSED THE PETRIFICATION"

But now begs the question

Spoiler

WHAT THE FUCK STARTED THE PETRIFICATION?!? THERE WAS SOMETHING LEERING BEHIND EARTH!!!!!

I think I'm more interested in the characters on the space station, their return to Earth, etc., than whatever is going to happen next with Senku and the bunch :lurk:

The father probably moved Senku into the cave from the beginning at some point. Senku was petrified inside a building but the ceiling would've eventually collapsed on him and crushed him.

I liked this week's episode less than the last one...

Would you say you liked it 7 billion % less? :koffing:

• ROFL 1

I'm just wondering how they're going to explain away

The genetic defects caused by interbreeding.

I'm pretty sure that's one detail they completely gloss over.

Spoiler

Best I can think is they all rotated partners for breeding to curb the issue as best as possible.

Spoiler

That honestly depends on how many kids were birthed in each generation with the possibility that there were others that somehow broken free from stone before Senku and the others to factor. But the latter is a HUGE IF

Spoiler

Interestingly enough, a new side manga has started this weekend that seems to be a thorough re-telling of the space crew landing on earth.  Depending on how long it goes, it might get to the re-population and go more in-depth on how it would work.

• Like 1

They built those katanas fast! Nice win for the kingdom of science though. The bad guys, including Hyoga, are not very interesting :-/

• Like 1

EP 20

Spoiler

Dude Chrome figured out the waterwheel all on his own.

AND NOW THEY HAVE A POWER GENERATOR DUUUUUDE!

• Like 1

This episode really hit the sweet spot for me for this show. Tsukasa and co. are boring bad guys and the fighting in recent episodes wasn't super duper interesting. Gimme more episodes of scientific discovery and blowing people's minds with good tasting food :nod: (Also find a way to shoehorn Taiju in there!)

I like Tsukasa on his own well enough.  Hyoga I think works as a generic threat, but he doesn't have a lot of depth past that.  That said, I don't really think he needs to have much depth, just a threatening dude with a specialized spear that knows how to handle it better than anyone else.  I'll agree on the rest, though.  I don't think the rest of the enemies at this point are particularly interesting, but I think the scenarios coming up makes up for that when you have such a strong protagonist cast.

Mild spoiler of buzzbomb's interest(Not heavily plot-related, but could imply certain conclusions)

Spoiler

The next arc will probably be WAYYYYYY more up your alley.

Only 3 more episodes left of the season.

Spoiler

I feel like after this huge stream of good luck they've been having, there's gonna be a real hard loss by the end of this season if not a death of a big character.

But yay special gemstone! More advancements!

On 11/22/2019 at 12:49 PM, Tassifox said:

Hide contents

I feel like after this huge stream of good luck they've been having, there's gonna be a real hard loss by the end of this season if not a death of a big character.

I sort of get that feeling too, it's in a way reminiscent of how things go in, say, The Walking Dead... but I'm not sure yet if Dr. Stone will follow the same good times and then bad times / tragedy sort of cycle :confused:

For me it just feels like it would be too good to be true if they went through a 24 ep of ridiculous amount of luck/skill/occasions without having the other shoe drop.

Spoiler

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww they made him a telescope! On his BIRTHDAY! So many feels!

• Like 1

ep 23:
Sooooooooo final boss battle in last episode ?

Cell phone acquired! :shiny:

Final ep:

Spoiler

Whelp that's it until next round. While I'm glad we didn't lose any characters or had a bad cliffhanger.....That almost seemed too sappy of a happy ending :xd:

YOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That fucking fistbump with SEASON 2 CONFIRMED