Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

Black Clover [Anime]

Zenon looks like a mash-up of Asta and Yuno, which considering the bombshell about Yuno's past, now I'm wondering "wheretf did Asta come from?"

We've seen a snickering demon every once in awhile when Asta's used his power to an extreme degree, so maybe an anti-demon demon orrrrrr perhaps a demon making a play against the rest of the demons and Asta is the vessel to do it in

Spoiler

I was legit in shock with my jaw slacked from the moment Klaus was killed, and when they showed Yuno pretty much dead, I couldn't believe it.  They framed it well, too, because you weren't too sure whether there was going to be some kind of swerve or if they were going all in with having killed the co-protagonist.  I'm glad they did have the balls to kill off a couple recognizable faces, though.  I feel too often, this series makes you think things are serious, and then has some kind of ex machina shit that undoes it.  This was a good way of getting a bit of both worlds.

I'm going to assume this'll follow the usual entertainment rule where if you don't see the dead body on screen or have some direct announcement of the death, then they're probably still alive.  So I'm assuming Vangeance is still alive in some form, maybe kidnapped like they said?  Just seems kind of odd they would kill him and not have that be part of the big death reveal at the end.

Just imagine the reaction from Asta if Yuno actually died there.

Oh shit, is Klaus actually dead? ;_;

I was surprised Vangeance went down so easily, so I kind of think something's up there.

Was super interesting seeing Zenon use 55% and then you see the demon lurking, because a) Zenon looks super similar to Asta and b) Asta's demon is probably stronger so we're gonna see that throwdown eventually :x

• Like 1

Spoiler

Nah, I'm pretty sure Klaus was one of the ones that was revived at the end.  But for a sec it definitely looked like he was done for.

• Like 1

The anime's going to be ending on March 30th apparently. Presumably since they're mostly caught up to the manga (?) that means we're getting normal seasons now?

Yea, it's really close to where the Manga is. 

I mean this is better than creating like 2 years worth of filler...

• Like 1

I don't follow Black Clover but my understanding is that the anime people want to go to more of a seasonal approach (think Attack on Titan). Right now I think they're too close to catching up to the manga, so if the anime just keeps going on then they run out of source material. I don't think it's because the manga is ending imminently.

Hunter × Hunter Hiatus × Hiatus is a bit of a special case because of how unreliable Togashi is. Just have a look at this chart: https://hiatus-hiatus.github.io/ There are a whole lot of missed weeks (red blocks) since 2006. We're on the longest stretch of hiatus ever right now :sad:

I was expecting the endless filler approach just because it's Studio Pierrot aka Bleach and Naruto and I was fine with it because Black Clover's characters are good enough, but I'm also cool with reverting to a seasonal approach now that they're caught up :nod:

I'm kinda interested to get into Black Clover now. Not really sure why I didn't in the first place. It's nice to know I've got time now to watch the first 170 episodes before it eventually comes back. Or I may just read the manga :thinking2:

Honestly, depending on how long we have to wait until new episodes come out, I may switch to reading the manga.  I've already read a couple random chapters and I dig the art.

The first 50-60 episodes are great because it's very fast-paced with some really awesome fights and character moments in between.  Past that it can be kind of hit or miss depending on how critical you want to be of the show, but there are still a lot of cool moments that make it all pretty worth it.

The current arc seems to be going in an awesome direction so far.

Bit of a warning because everyone hates this: the main character talks in an annoying yell (that you get used to and there is a :') reason for) and the first few episodes focus a ton on him but it gets better later as they introduce more characters.

• Like 1

Oh my fucking SHIT

"Hey Luciferno, who's that devil?"

"Probably some low level fuckhead who never amounted to anything."

Pretty much guarantees it's Satan himself

On 2/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, Psycho666Soldier said:

Past that it can be kind of hit or miss depending on how critical you want to be of the show, but there are still a lot of cool moments that make it all pretty worth it.

Forgot to say too, one of the coolest battle scenes in the entire series is a non-canon filler episode

(Non-canon as in the manga didn't show it, there's no reason it couldn't have happened just because the manga apparently skipped over a training arc while the anime decided to fill it in)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Oh my fucking SHIT

Reveal hidden contents

"Hey Luciferno, who's that devil?"

"Probably some low level fuckhead who never amounted to anything."

Pretty much guarantees it's Satan himself

Forgot to say too, one of the coolest battle scenes in the entire series is a non-canon filler episode

(Non-canon as in the manga didn't show it, there's no reason it couldn't have happened just because the manga apparently skipped over a training arc while the anime decided to fill it in)

I vouch for the above.

Also, between this and the last episode, shit's been really intense.  This is the kind of ramp-up I've been dying for since the last canon arc.

Spoiler

Yami's gonna tear some ass, but I wonder at what cost? :(

Legit think that's just Grey transformed into Yami to buy them time to escape

God damn, this is speeding along and it's HYPE

So the devils want to use Vangance and Yami's powers to summon The Godhand from Berserk

Getting pretty hardcore too. Dante is a serial killer (implied he killed a woman he slept with too), Charmy almost turned into a cannibal.

Leo's battle felt rushed, Sniper fights need to have more tension.

And was that devil that Asta was seeing Dante/Luciferno... or was that his own? :x

:jumboshiny:

THAT DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

THAT KATANA PASS

That Yami abduction at the end, we are getting absolutely fucked on this cliffhanger aren't we ;_;

Kill'em all, Asta and Liebe :salute:

Damn man, I'm gonna kind of miss this being a weekly endless anime now

Yeah, it was really enjoyable to have something to look forward to every week no matter what was starting and stopping around it.  

This last arc has more than made up for some of the staleness over the last year.  This last episode was intense in many ways.

Here's hoping the movie is a canon completion to the arc :shiny: