Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

NBA Playoffs 2019

Seriously Kyle Lowry vs Brook Lopez.

It was a really competitive game though. I could see this series going the distance.

Well I guess the Raptors are going down 0-2... :(

Portland is done. Now I'm doubting that we see a Game 5. Even when they take early leads, the Warriors are always within striking distance. I kinda feel like the Raptors are up against a similar problem with the Bucks. Even when Milwaukee is down 15 points they look comfortable. They know that's just a few shots and they're back in the game. 

One of the youtube still images for the game was Steph at the free-throw line with his mouthguard sticking out, but on first glance it looked like a joint and my reaction was "Yeah, that's about right."

• ROFL 1

The Raptors are killing me :rip:

No stopping Kawhi :shiny:

Dat double OT monster dunk

(Dat Giannis having a bad game)

Huge game from Norm too last night. It's pretty sad for Kyle that I was more worried about Norm being in foul trouble. Kyle wasn't great last night. It's a shame they wasted Kyle's performance in Game 1 because I doubt we see that again. 

VanVleet and Green have to start hitting more shots soon I hope. 

I didn't watch the game last night but I checked the boxscore a few times. Even when the Blazers had the lead, I didn't have much hope of them winning the game. 

Do we think either the Bucks or Raptors have any chance of beating the Warriors? :-/

They have a chance but it’s unlikely. The Warriors have officially flipped the switch.

>Raptors Win

:nod:

>Kawhi's limping

:|

I really wish they hadn't blown Game 1... Time to see if the Raptors can win a game in Milwaukee. 

I'm worried about Kawhi of course and I don't think Toronto will get another great performance from the bench guys. What Norm is doing is great but he's never really been reliable. I want to see a big shooting game from Danny Green. 

:highfive:

Kawhi is the man

Danny Green please hit some of these open shots you're getting :rip:

Man this game is intense. 

I’d love to have FVV on the Suns.. 

• Like 1

Intense indeed. I don't know if I can take the 4th quarter.

Fred's a great guy to have on the bench. He and Norm just hit a couple of huge shots :love2:

Fuck yes.  So cool seeing Lowry unable to contain his joy.

Awww shiii, the Kawhi trade even if he leaves now is 100% worth it :shiny:

IS THIS REAL????? :shiny:

I'm on cloud 9 over here 

On 5/15/2019 at 9:20 PM, Nairn Smoith said:

Raptors in 6.

Good call

• Shiny 1

Game 6 apparently peaked at 5.3 million viewers in Canada, about 1/7th of the country, largest audience for a basketball game ever here. Might have a chance to eclipse an All-American Stanley Cup Final if they win a game or two early.

:nailbiting2:

Some good signs from the Raptors in the 1st quarter, but I think they also got lucky. Need to do better on the boards. 

Boogie's in the game now. I wonder how this is gonna go. 

Raps up at the end of Q3 and I just keep waiting for it all to fall apart :uhoh:

How about that 3 from McCaw though :O.O: I can't even remember the last time he got minutes in the playoffs... maybe during the Magic series?

:jumboshiny:

Badass, Raptors get a home win in the Finals :nod:

(I still don't think they're going to beat Golden State)

It was really nice to see him do that. But I do expect Draymond will make adjustments in Game 2 to make things more difficult for Siakam. 

9 hours ago, Death Rider Mox said:

(I still don't think they're going to beat Golden State)

I wouldn't necessarily bet on the Raptors either, but they are a much better defensive team than Portland and that's going to make it more of a challenge for Golden State. Portland had a lot of leads in the Western Finals but the Warriors would inevitably go on a scoring run and come back to win. The Raptors might be able to hold onto leads with their defensive play. 

I need to see the Raps win Game 2 before I let myself get a bit hopeful.

If the Warriors win Game 2, that forces Toronto to steal one in Golden State. Not easy to do.

How about fouling a bit less guys :uhoh:

Worst 3rd Quarter ever :rip:

Ouch, but at least lost a close game and not a blowout

The final score looks respectable I guess, but it feels like such a missed opportunity. That 3rd Quarter was just awful to watch. Credit the Raptors for weathering the Warriors' 3Q run and making it close in the end, but they missed quite a few open looks this game that could have swung things. 

I also felt like the officiating was kinda questionable to start the game but maybe I'm just a biased Raps fan...

Golden opportunity tonight for the Raptors to win a game at Oracle with Klay out and KD still not back yet. Please make good on this chance Raps :nailbiting:

If they blow this in the last fucking minutes then, just... ugh :rip:

Curry's out of his mind tonight :uhoh:

PHEW ?

Right on, the "hope KD and Klay are hurt and won't play again" game plan is working to perfection so far :nod:

Kinda felt like they just let Steph have his way and dared Draymond or anyone else to have a good enough game to win it for the Warriors and no one really did.

It's a real heavy workload for Steph and Draymond without KD and Klay. Fred and Kyle are defending Steph quite well. He's still scoring but they are not easy points. And it seems kinda funny to say, but I think they're really missing Looney right now too. Gasol and Ibaka took it to their bigs last night. 

Hard to believe Toronto's only down 4 at halftime. Ugly first half. Lots of open 3's missed. Turn it around please Raptors :nailbiting2: Even if his leg is still bugging him, Klay is hitting his shots - and Curry could go off for a bunch of points at any time :uhoh:

Holy cow what a quarter. Kawhi is so good :O.O: And how about some huge contributions from Serge.

Please don't blow the 4th Q

Poor Fred :( Did he lose a tooth too??

This bonus situation is bad and stressful. Too much time left. Raptors need to be really smart on D to close this out...

:jumboshiny:

God damn, Kawhi. Twitter's calling him the Kingslayer because he ended the Heat's dynasty and now he might be ending the Warriors

Holy shit :rotfl:

Probs dust off Durant and make him play until his calf explodes. Legit it feels like even if Raptors win the series and the Championship, the Warriors would figure a way out to make the comeback

Even a limited KD will be an upgrade over of some of the dudes they running out there. But I'm not sure if they can convince him to risk it and come back. Especially after all the "maybe they're better without KD?" chatter recently.

I can't get over how awesome Kawhi is. 

• Like 1

Kawhi is the coldest motherfucker I’ve ever watched. Stress of the moment has zero effect on him.

• Like 2

Those shots he drained to start the 2nd half :love2: Last night the Raptors basically stole GSW's 3rd-quarter-run thing and beat them the way they normally beat other teams. 

• Like 1

Just think if it wasn't for Game 2's 3rd Quarter the Raptors could have swept the Warriors. 

• Like 1

Oh shit :rotfl:

I both love that Drake is an active participant in the series, and how much silly pettiness and memes have sprouted up around this playoff run.

I've more or less come to terms with losing tonight and now they're making me feel a bit hopeful... 3 point game right now 

Kawhi is doing it all right now. 6 point lead, 3 minutes to go. UGH :nailbiting2:

:rip:

>Kyle takes Championship winning shot

>Misses

That's about right