Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

NBA Playoffs 2019

I wanted Kawhi taking that last shot but they swarmed him.

Another pretty rough shooting game last night. Gotta hit those open 3's when you get them. 

About 1 in 3 Canadians have watched some part of the NBA Finals this year, a five-fold increase from normal.

Kyle definitely spent the last few nights staring at the ceiling, replaying missing the last shot over and over again in his mind

As a basketball player myself, there’s nothing more motivating than when you play poorly. He wants to murder his opponents right now.

• Like 1

Great first half for Kyle. Love to see him playing aggressive like that.

Gasol has looked unplayable though :uhoh: Keep Serge out there a while longer please. 

• Like 1

I'm finding it really hard to see the Raptors winning tonight. And if it goes seven games then they will lose in the most heart breaking way possible

Holy shit, take advantage of Klay being out before he gets the cortisone shot, guys

:lol:

Iggy has hit some huge shots for GSW tonight. I didn't think he had that much left in him

Buzzer beater at the end of Q3 got taken away...

Dat match fixing for a Game 7

(Raptors look totally gassed)

Green and Gasol have combined for 1 point. 1 point! I can't recall if Green has even taken a shot in the game. The team need at least a little bit from those guys. Everybody else is chipping in. 

Fred is such a clutch shooter

Mother Fucking Fred

(Just want to say, as a fan of Pro Wrestling, I appreciate Draymond)

I think if Draymond picks up another technical then he gets suspend for the potential Game 7..? Dude's gotta be super careful

Still can't see them wining this game... :-/

Wow :O.O:

Ugly finish but yay Raptors! :shiny:

Man. That actually happened last night! 

• Like 1

Great game and a great win.

How about Klay Thompson tearing his ACL and then running back on the court to sink those free throws? So amazing.

Klay is indeed super good. He's gotta be one of the most universally respected players among basketball fans of all fanbases. Who wouldn't like that dude?

7 hours ago, little birdy said:

Man. That actually happened last night! 

I legit came in here to say just that.

Holy shit, that actually happened.

In a strange twist, this year's Stanley Cup Finals had the highest rated game by Americans ever (Game 7, Boston's always strong and Missouri must be sneak strong for a long-suffering NHL city) and this year's NBA Finals were the highest ratings for Canadians ever (and I don't think the numbers are even in for game 6 yet). Game 5 had 2 million more viewers than the Super Bowl in Canada and was the highest rated thing watched in Canada this year, so presumably Game 6 should be close to that or maybe eclipse it. Game 6 also brought up to half of every Canadian having seen some part of the Finals

I had trouble falling asleep last night. Watched the speeches and trophies get awarded. Couldn't help but laugh at the MC's awful questions. Kawhi just won Finals MVP and you're asking him about where he's going in free agency? Fucking dummy. Let the guys enjoy it a bit. What does Gasol want to say to his teammates from Memphis? He can call them :lol:

Did you see the thing about Masai's little dust up with a cop at the start of the celebration?

They're apparently being petty and going forward with a battery charge for it.

Game 6 numbers came in. 15.9 million Canadians (I think we're around 35-36 million total population right now?) watched Game 6 at some point. 7.7 million ratings average. In comparison, the Super Bowl was 4.34 million ratings average. Apparently 82% of TVs in the GTA were tuned in for the game, more than anything else in history besides "the Olypmics" which I'm assuming is Winter Olympic Hockey.

Lakers got AD. Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, #4 pick this year + other picks isn't a bad haul for New Orleans. The Pelicans might actually be a kinda interesting team to watch next year. Obviously people were going to be watching Zion, but maybe now they're more interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downshift said:

AD to LA isn't really a problem unless they also get Kyrie. :uhoh:

Kemba would also be a solid addition. After this season for the Celtics I really can't see the appeal for any team to sign Kyrie, but I guess LeBron would know how to deal with him.

1 hour ago, Death Rider Mox said:

Or Kawhi? :x

If Kawhi's #1 priority is to move home to LA then it's either the Lakers or the Clips. Not sure which choice I could see him making.

From the mouth of LaVar Ball for the Lakers trading Lonzo. Lakers fucked up now, will be worse move they ever made.

Welp, Basketball in Canada had a good run. Back to wondering when we'll get the Stanley Cup back

Kawhi to the Clippers, Danny Green to the Lakers... Raptors aren't running it back next year :(

The Clips apparently traded a pretty big package for Paul George as well. SGA, Gallinari, and a bunch of picks. Seems like a really good haul for OKC. 

Masai probably in his office sighing right now because he didn't want to have to trade Siakam, someone else's first and second round picks and a personal appearance by Drake for Giannis. but you gotta do what you gotta do

If the condition was "get another superstar and I'll sign" then I don't think the Raptors had a way to match that kind of trade package. What OKC got for George is pretty nuts. 

Conspiracy theory going around that Kawhi held off signing to sabotage the Lakers, they'd miss out on viable #3 free agent additions to play with Lebron and AD while waiting for him to make his decision, confident that he'd join a super-team to win and also they're the Lakers.

Also sounded like the Raptors entertained the idea of trading for Paul George and Westbrook to get him to stay but they didn't have enough to make it work.

I think the Clippers were his goal all along. Nobody is reporting that Kawhi would have for sure stayed in Toronto had they pulled of that trade. So that's a pretty big question mark. What if they make the deal and Kawhi decides he still wants to be in L.A. anyways? :uhoh: I get the feeling that OKC was just using Toronto as leverage against the Clips.

• Like 1

Was watching a "Why does hip-hop hate Drake so much?" youtube vid and they mentioned the Raptors winning and my reaction "Oh shit, that actually happened, didn't it?"

Free agency and tampering and big trades really stole the Raps' thunder. I guess the rest of the NBA wanted to forget :lol:

This Shaq/Dame Lillard rap battle is incredible :rotfl: