Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Child's Play (2019)

I'm gonna be mad about for a little bit but then I'll probably warm up to it. 

I feel bad that the franchise was swiped from Don Mancini, but honestly I didn't like what they were doing with it anyways.

That's where things get confusing.

He's still doing a TV show on Syfy for Chucky with Brad Dourif. It's separate from the new movie.

I've always been a huge Child's Play fan, so I'm at least curious.  But I haven't seen anything since Bride of Chucky, but I'm not too sure about this yet.  It'll be weird hearing a different voice for Chucky.

I'll definitely check it out, though.

Okay finally watched the trailer. (technically the 2nd one they make where you hear Mark Hamil speak at the end). It does make me cringe a little since it's technically a remake but it may be pretty good since
- Done by the same producers who did the remake of IT. I absolutely loved that one.
- Mark Hamil
- Chucky now being part of the "smart technology" world seems to give it this fresh feeling. Like how some companies are bringing back toys from the past like tamagochi's and what not to a new younger generation I can partially see this as almost a continuation of Chucky story vs a remake.