Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

MLB 2019

Oh, MLB finally gave out a punishment to the Astro's for 2017. Suspend Luhnow and Hinch for the season, supposedly Cora was the one running the show on stealing signs and stuff. Which I'd believe considering how he did in his first season with the Red Sox and his punishment seems like it will be harsh. 

Both been fired now, I really don't expect Boston to keep Cora either. 

Now that the Astros have set the bar, it's hard to imagine Boston not firing Cora if all the reports are true. 

Had to have been more teams attempting to do stuff like this though. We may never learn all the details. 

• Like 1

Yup, Cora got fired.

Also the Twins signed Donaldson to a four year (+ fifth year option) deal. Reports saying it's $92 million guaranteed, $100 million with the option.

Beltran stepping down as Mets manager

• ROFL 1

They actually traded Mookie (and Price) :fup: The Red Sox, of all teams, dumping salary... and one of the top young position players in the league... :facepalm: They're getting Verdugo, who I guess could blossom into being the next Mookie Betts, but why take the chance when you already have the real deal? :confused: But I do like how the Twins snuck in there and got Kenta Maeda as part of the deal. Nice addition to their pitching.

Also been announced that the Dodgers have since traded Joc Pederson to the Angels, I guess because the LAD outfield was getting too crowded. Nice pick up for the Angels.

• Like 1

So do the Dodgers win the NL West before or after the All-Star break? 

Who could actually challenge them in that division? 

I hope the Dads do better this year, but at best they're challenging for a Wild Card spot. Hard to imagine any of those teams really challenging for the division. But I guess that's why they play the games - you never know what could happen!

Damn, I never knew any of that. Is this breaking news? Since the shutdown of everything I haven't been keeping up with sports news at all...

8 hours ago, little birdy said:

Damn, I never knew any of that. Is this breaking news? Since the shutdown of everything I haven't been keeping up with sports news at all...

Not about the pain killer use, but what he was going through and such I don't think was never told. 

On 5/27/2020 at 11:37 PM, Eizan said:

Imperfect: Roy Halladay

It's heartbreaking to see what he was dealing with, especially since he was one of my favorites. 

That was a tough read. I remember it being hinted at at the time but the depths of his issues were so sad to read.