Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Deimos

Static-X Is Back

Static X Reunited Header 2019

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/static-x-reveal-masked-touring-vocalist-announce-north-american-and-european-tour/

They have a new vocalist doing their best Wayne Static vocals, and for the most part it sounds good. They also sampled a new song in the video in the link. The new vocalist is disguised wearing a Frankenwayne Static mask, which I don't think he'd be mad about.

I saw a Youtube video a while back that they were going to release a bunch of older stuff that never was completely finished. I think Wayne's stuff was done, but the rest wasn't? It sounded like a better idea than I originally thought it would.

Edit: Holy shit, just saw they'll be playing at a really cool venue near me. I'm gonna have to go check that out. I saw them live back in the Shadow Zone era, and they were pretty great.

Edit 2: That article mentioned the new touring singer may be the singer from the band Dope, who happen to be opening for this newly reformed Static-X. Hmmmm.....

I'm not convinced. In the snippet of their new song I picked up song Jonathan Davis vibes, personally. I'll wait to see what they announce.

Ehhh, I don't know how I feel about it.  I feel like Wayne Static is too integral of a part and shouldn't be replaced like that.  I'd prefer the band continue with a different name.  That said, I'm still willing to check it out.