Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Ultimate Travel Wishlist

What are the places you want to travel to the most in your lifetime and why?  Pick as many or few as you want!

So I've done a Euro tour and now I want to go back for more. :D

• Athens, Greece - Greek history is so cool and I really want to see all the sites 
  • Versailles, France - We've been to Paris now but I want to see something different in France and there is apparently a lot of cool stuff in Versailles to see. :)
  • Florence and Venice, Italy - Venice is full of history and all the roads are water so yeah.  That would be amazing to see.  Florence also has a lot of history to see.
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands - Always wanted to go and now I've got 2 friends there (Mia and George!).

Would definitely like to see Japan too.

That's it off the top of my head right now.  I'd like to see the sights in Egypt but I'm actually kind of unsure about safety there after all the recent events. :(

Thanks to Betty for letting me steal her topic. :lol:

London, England: Always wanted to visit the place.

Tokyo, Japan: Same as above

Austraila Zoo: Not sure where it is there, but it's the place one of my childhood heroes worked (Steve Irwin Obvs) and I've wanted to visit it since I was a kid.

I've been around quite a bit, but here are some of the places I'd love to visit:

• Mongolia: Riding a horse of the grassland
  • Botswana: Seeing the salt planes
  • New Zealand: Going around north & south island on a motorcycle
  • Isle of Man: Want to visit the TT, but it's so expensive and always full

17 hours ago, webhead said:
  • Florence and Venice, Italy - Venice is full of history and all the roads are water so yeah.  That would be amazing to see.  Florence also has a lot of history to see.

Definitely recommend Venice;  it's so beautiful and other-worldly that you sort of stop noticing the touristy bits after a short while. Florence didn't quite live up to expectations for me, but I think it's probably worth a visit just for the crazy art collection they have there.

As for my list:

Europe

• Tonnes more places in Italy. The main places I definitely want to go to are Siena and a few other towns in Tuscany; South to Napoli and the Amalfi Coast; Cinque Terre looks amazing; and Rome, which we still haven't got around to visiting. But I have a really huge list of towns and cities there I want to see, so maybe one day we'll have to go for a few months or something.
  • Some of the cities in central Europe. Especially Prague, and also Budapast, Vienna, Salzburg etc. Maybe it'd be nice to go through the Alsps in Spring/Summer too, I've only been in Winter.
  • Dubrovnik. It just looks beautiful.
  • Lisbon -  I've been to Portugal a few times, but never to Lisbon. It looks really cool, and from what I can gather has a really nice, chilled vibe.
  • Brugges. It's the Venice of the North, after all!
  • Somewhere in Northern Scandinavia to see the Northern Lights. Possibly Tromso?

Not Europe

• Tokyo. It's not so much a weeb dream anymore, but I think it'd be a very interesting place to visit. Also, I could stock up on clothes that actually fit me properly. :O
  • Hong Kong and/or Shanghai. I can't even explain why, really; I just kind of love that sort of place.
  • New York. I go in and out of fancying a visit to New York (mainly depending on how much I've been listening to Vampire Weekend recently), but I imagine it'd be pretty cool.
  • Istanbul. OK, it's sort of Europe. >_> But also sort of not, and perhaps that's the appeal of it. My biggest travel regret, I think, is not going to Istanbul about 10 years ago, before things there got a bit hot in various ways.

I'm probably forgetting some places, but that's most of my list. It's hard, though, since I also want to re-visit lots of places I've already been, and I don't really get enough time off work to go on that many holidays (heck, there's bits of the UK I haven't been to yet as well)

Japan

Australia

New Zealand

Eastern Europe, haven't decided which country

Some other US states besides Arizona or Texas but let's get real you KNOW if I'm in the US I'm there to see Anelle

Canada

Haven't been on a vacation in Years;

We have a moneybox for going to Japan, but we (I?) keep draining it because I keep buying stupid shit. I'd really like to see a shrine in the snow.

I also find myself on trains a lot going here or there and looking at the Lake District going to myself; "WTF, why have I never been to the Lake District". Shit is beautiful. It takes a conscious effort to not get off the train at the next stop, or smash a window and try to hit the ground running.

I'd also like to visit Crono in Texas. We talk a lot on the Whatsapp, we both love shooting guns, we both love bullshitting about politics, and Texas seems like a riot. I want to see some cowboy shit. I've also never seen a desert, and Texas has the Chihuahuan.

My dad actually invited me to come see him in Bahrain and in Saudi but stupid work bullshit and procrastination kept me here ? I had a prime opportunity to see the Middle East my dudes, and didn't take it. So much regret.

Oh yeah, I actually want to go to Vancouver whenever I do finally visit Seattle.

THEN MAYBE I WILL TRY AND SNEAK UP ON MA. :O.O:

15 hours ago, Woofie said:
  • Some of the cities in central Europe. Especially Prague, and also Budapast, Vienna, Salzburg etc. Maybe it'd be nice to go through the Alsps in Spring/Summer too, I've only been in Winter.

I recommend Vienna and Bucharest. Both great cities with a ton of history!

• Lisbon -  I've been to Portugal a few times, but never to Lisbon. It looks really cool, and from what I can gather has a really nice, chilled vibe.

It's all it's made up to be, we went there two years ago and loved it!

Not Europe

• Tokyo. It's not so much a weeb dream anymore, but I think it'd be a very interesting place to visit. Also, I could stock up on clothes that actually fit me properly. :O
  • Hong Kong and/or Shanghai. I can't even explain why, really; I just kind of love that sort of place.
  • New York. I go in and out of fancying a visit to New York (mainly depending on how much I've been listening to Vampire Weekend recently), but I imagine it'd be pretty cool.

Visited those, here's my recommendation:

Shanghai: Yes

New York: YES

Hong Kong: YESSS

Tokyo: HELLLLL YESSS

• Like 1