Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Marvel Animation's X-Men '97

I was excited when I heard this announced awhile back but this trailer didn’t do much for me. I wish they were able to capture the style of the original series better.

I'm looking forward to it but not hype level 1 million.  I might start watching the old one again in anticipation especially since it's going to take a while for them to finish the season since they're doing the weekly release shit.

Just watched the first episode, pretty fun. Seems like an updated version of Jubilee's joining of the team back in the first season of the original show. Storm sounds exactly like she did back then (which is awesome), Wolverine sounds about 98% of the way there, and Beast is pretty close as well. I know for sure those are the three original voice actors who made a return, I don't know if any others did. I'm not worried everyone sounding like I remember, since I know it's been a long time from the original, but they get a lot right for sure. Was kind of funny recognizing the voice of The Drifter from Destiny 2 as Henry Gyrich.

The first two episodes are up now and I think they'll be out weekly, which kinda sucks. But on the other hand, i'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Yeah, pretty good first episode. I don't really remember a whole lot from the original, but it feels like what I remembered with a bit of an update for current times. 

Jovanna and I are currently watching the old shit.  It's horrible and great.  Once we're done, right into 97!

Yeah.....

yeah. Wow.