Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War (2022)

First episode came out this Monday, it's up on Hulu in the US, and DIsney+ other places.

It felt real good to watch, I remember loving Bleach back before the anime went off the rails and I lost interest. Everything up to the end of the Aizen stuff, at least. It's been so long since i've seen anything Bleach related I had a hard time remembering all the characters and terms, but seeing characters I loved back in the first episode brought a smile to my face. Has a pretty dope ending theme, too.

When you hear the first beats of Number One

Animation was way better than I thought it would be

Ugh, watching on Hulu is like cancer. Over 6 minutes of adds on a 24 minute episode. 

>ads

image.png.b55521ef2a2152e8681a3dbb0e5c8ae2.png

me watching ep 2

Should remake the entire series like this. The blood and people getting chopped the fuck up, shit's awesome :nod:

I haven't read the manga so this Quincy stuff is new to me, shit's cool as fuck too

i read all the manga but i still dunno what's going on, still here for the ride though

like... i'm like "oh i vaguely recognize that" but not much else, the story was all over the place and there's always a million new terms and shit that i'll never remember

LESS NAMES FOR THINGS MORE CHOPPY CHOPPY

I'm tempted to re-read through some (maybe all) of the manga, but that seems like a lot to read, lol.

That Quincy became very Resident Evil-esque by the end there, that was freaky af

My memory of the final arc is it’s very average but I think the long hiatus is helping them here where people are just happy to reminisce. 

I know I read the final arc, but I honestly remember none of it. I don't even know how long ago it came out. Doesn't help that there's over a dozen characters to remember/re-learn BEFORE the Quincies.

Him killing that dude with one swipe was hilarious

Ep. 6. Awesome to see the power of the head captain. Of course his bankai was stolen...