Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Marvel Studios' Thor: Love And Thunder (2022)

• Shiny 3

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Shiny 1

Overall I enjoyed this, but i'd definitely say Ragnarok was better. I felt like this leaned a bit too far into the humor, especially in the beginning, but when the plot actually got going it turned out pretty good. Christian Bale was fantastic, and I felt like Natalie Portman's acting...wasn't. I don't really know what it was, but she was my least favorite thing in the movie.

Sitting in the credits. Will process more later. 

But fucking A those goats 😂😂😂😂😂

Also apparently Natalie portman wasn't coming back as Jane unless they did what they did there. *Will wait until Spoiler tags are put in title*

Okay. Winding down and watching easter eggs vids with friends. My thoughts. 

Fuck yes Christian Bale. Holy crap loved him in this.

Apparently Chris Hemsworth kids play young Thor and Love and i think this is so cute. Please don't let the internet ruin them.

Overall i enjoyed it. I agree that a lot of the humor in the first chunk made things seem disjointed to the rest of the movie. But overall i loved it. 

Lots of good goodies in there. Music was fucking spot on. Fucking love Taika for this. I can't wait to see where this goes from here. 

I really enjoyed it overall. Agree that Ragnarok was the better movie, but this one is still better than the other two. Christian Bale was excellent, and I feel like the way they did Gor was almost a glimpse at what Malekith SHOULD have been. Loved the goats too. Glad they finally put them into one of the movies too. Was hoping he would name them as well. :rotfl: 

Got what I was hoping to see the entire movie too: Hercules!  Looking forward to seeing him and Thor together. That was always one of my favorite rivalries in the comics. XD

The 2nd after credit scene was nice too. I figured Jane disappearing into gold dust stuff meant she was going to Valhalla, but it was nice to have it confirmed. Also dat Heimdall cameo. :3 
There was a lot to like in this movie that helped elevate it I think, but it did have a couple issues.

I do feel like the movie felt rushed though. Cramming all of that into 120 minutes felt weird. Nothing had room to breath and it made the pacing feel really off.

I'm also disappointed they didn't do more with the Necrosword. I legit thought they might sneak in a solid symbiote reference at some point (though the monsters it made definitely had that sort of vibe). Curious if they'll do something way down the line with it and maybe build up to Knull perhaps.

Spoiler

The goats......