Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Fall Anime 2021

At first I was a little sad that there wasn't going to be a lot for me to watch this season but that's okay because of what I saw got added in recently to the lineup. Totally makes up for it.

FINALLY GETTING FUCKING SEASON 2 OF DEMON SLAYER!!!!!!! *all the flailing*
2nd season of Mushoku Tensei
Komi-san Can't Communicate
White Sand Aquatope continuing
Shaman King continuing
Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie!

Series that are a maybe:
Blue Period
Saihate no Paladin
Visual Prison
Kamiari no Kodomo movie

https://anichart.net/Fall-2021

Fall is bringing me some shit I've been really hyped for!

• KOMI-SAAAAAAAAAAN
  • MIERUKO-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAN
  • Demon Slayer!
  • I dunno how long of a wait it'll be for the JJK 0 movie to hit US theaters but I want to see it in one if at all possible. 
  • ISEKAI SHOKUDOU SECOND SEASON YAY! First season was cute so I'm looking forward to just enjoying more lil slices of life on that
  • Interested in Platinum End, I've been meaning to read the manga for ages but at this point maybe I should just go for the anime. Or binge the manga and watch the anime.
  • I'm also interested in JJBA Stone Ocean but I am really really really behind on all that. I'm just gay for Jolyne.
  • Like 1

I’ll keep watching Aquatope for sure. And I’ll check out Komi-san because the trailer looked interesting. Outside of that, I dunno yet. I’ll probably check out the originals. A good anime original is kind of my holy grail that I search for with each new season. 

I saw a trailer the other day for Chainsaw Man... it's been up on YouTube a while now... maybe it's coming in the Winter season? I think part 2 of SnK Final Season is also coming up this Winter. I'm looking forward to seeing that as well. After looking at the fall lineup, I'm not super excited for too many things... but that's OK. I probably watched too much anime in Winter and Spring 2021. I'm taking it easier this Summer and Fall. I'll be ready to watch more again when Winter is here ☃️

Definites
- Kimetsu no Yaiba

- Komi-san

- JJBA: Stone Ocean

Maybes

- Mieruko-chan

- Saihate no Paladin

- Lupin III: Part 6

I'm locked in for my definites, they're things I've been looking forward to for a long time! The maybes look good as well, but I'll be waiting to see how they seem after they've started before checking them out, probably.

• Like 1

I guess I’ll watch the second part of 86. Forgot about that one. 

Probably gonna have to check out the one about women’s ice hockey too. Genuinely curious to see a hockey anime. 

Endless Anime:

Pokemon

One Piece

Boruto

Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventure and my daily anime (currently Bleach filler) still continuing.

Continuations

Restaurant From Another World 2

JOJO STONE OCEAN SHIT YEAH

Demon Slayer 2 (Is this Mugen Train or do I have to watch Mugen Train first?)

SAO Progressive SHIT YEAH

I haven't read any of the synopsis because I'll try most of it out anyways, but I saw there was a harem anime and just saw buzzbomb say there's a woman's ice hockey anime, so those could be interesting :lurk:

There's a few other I'll collect because I want to watch them whenever I watch their main series. I miiiight watch Lupin III because some people say they're all self-contained/you don't need to know anything about them.

• Like 1

Mugen Train is a canon arc that takes place between seasons 1 and 2, it was just easy to condense into movie form (and much better that way imo)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Demon Slayer 2 (Is this Mugen Train or do I have to watch Mugen Train first?)

Mugen Train is a movie that covers that arch that came out in American Theaters.....either spring or early summer i think. Normally i would say it shouldn't matter if you see it before S2 other than for one major element in the story plot (other than the boys leveling up in character growth).  I will put in spoiler tag

Spoiler

Captain Rengoku dies at the end after a kick ass battle with one of the higher level demons. Which really sucks considering that we are only just meeting majority of the Hashira at the end of S1

If you are able to see Mugen Train before S2 I recommend it. We don't have an exact date of release for S2 anyways. And because it was one of the best fucking story archs done well in this movie. 

13 MORE DAYS TILL DEMON SLAYER!!!!!

Also i noticed they added a few more titles in the latest update for Fall and Super Crooks looks fun. 

86 is back. Episode 12 was decent, if a bit random.

Nice to see Lena not taking any BS from people anymore. I was happy to see Shin and the gang survived somehow—I’m very curious about that. They’re in a weird situation now…

First episode of Jobless Hero started and I'm excited to see what new things it's bringing already

Spoiler

He essentially got the 3rd eye!

Kyuuketsuki sugu shinu gives me old Mosquiton vibes from the comedy.

I checked out takt op.Destiny today. First episode was pretty solid. The characters are fun, it looks great. They fight with music :music: Anime original. Reminds me a tiny bit of Listeners (from Spring 2020 season iirc). I will keep watching. 

• Like 2

I turned on Puraore and was met with "Japan vs Canada 4-4" and got immediately offended and turned it off.

:rotfl: 

Funi's licensed a few things I'm interested in this season, so if I renew my subscription then I'll have a look at Puraore too.

A very feel-good episode of Aquatope this week :nod:

15 hours ago, Tassifox said:

OMG @Anelle @Lucy I'M FUCKING IN LOVE WITH KOMI SAN

Where are you watching it, Netflix? It's not on UK Netflix for another 2 weeks :bawling:

Yeah I was wondering that too… I’ll just wait for it to hit Netflix in Canada 

I don't think it's on US Netflix yet. Most of what i watch i use gogoanime to watch. And i make sure all my ad/spam blocks and firewall stuff is on so that i don't have all the crappy ads and links that can crash browsers. It's not for everyone but so far it's kept me up to speed on stuff. 

• Like 1

Isekai Shokudou is still S-rank comfiness ❤️

Platinum End

That's the fucking stuff right there. Feels like an anime that might lose it after a few episodes but it hit most of the right spots for me (a little too cartoonishly evil with the step-family).

It's done by the same artist who did Death Note right? (It gave me that vibe from the art style and morbidness). I kinda was into it but kinda not. Almost feels like Future Diary where everyone has an angel and the tools they need  for this "Battle to become God".  I wonder what the white Arrows represent?

That would explain why I was watching it and getting Death Note vibes. It's almost like it's cutting room floor material or an early idea for what Death Note eventually became

Yup. Double checked. Takeshi Obata did this one. I may give it a couple more eps before i give much of an opinion. Just hope it doesn't go the same way Death Note ended after L. 

Fena: Things are getting good now!

Saigate no Paladin gives me slight Jobless Hero vibes but i like the spin it's giving so far. 

DEMON SLAYER BEGINS TODAY!!! 

I know it's starting from the Mugen Train arc but they've added 70min of extra footage so the first ep is all on Flame Hashira! I'm totes excited. 

I watched the first episode of Platinum End. I will stop short of calling it good, but it was… interesting? It’s got some elements that kept me interested enough that I will watch more, but it could also lose me eventually. 

The main character’s back story was just a liiiiiittle over the top, but whatever.  Props to him though for just wanting to die when an Angel was saving his life :rotfl: I was disappointed by his about face at the end though. Fuckin’ finding happiness or whatever, forget it…

The series is supposed to be 24 episodes, and it looks like the manga finished this year, so I hope we get the full story in these 24 episodes..? I hope I’m not signing up to watch some super-long series here…

Desth note was like that too with being a little over the top. And then when it hit a certain peak in the story and took out an element. It went straight downhill. Needless to say i finished it because unless it's super horrible or uninteresting, i try to finish it. And i feel like this one might do the same at some point. 

Agreed that the backstory was just a pinch overdone. Or at least the result of that backstory with the aunt. 🤣

Demon Slayer - Mugen Train Arc Episode 1

That was hype :shiny:

I'm super happy that they're chopping up the movie like this, because I never got around to watching it and don't really like watching movies anymore anyways because my attention span can't do'em :lurk:

• Like 1

Not to mention, they added extra footage, so you're going to be getting a lot more fleshed out here vs what was in movie theaters (Which was still FUCKING AMAZING) and then it's going to directly dive into the new official season after this. Vic don't read my spoiler below since you haven't seen Mugen Train (unless you've read the manga then you might already know what I'm talking here.

Spoiler

I'm actually very thankful that they're giving us more of the Flame Hashira since we had only just gotten them all introduced near the end of the last season only to have one knocked out at the end of Mugen Train. I still fucking cried because of how deep that fight and death scene was.

Only two episodes left of Fena, I think? :nailbiting2: 

Yup. Only 2. Hoping they get a 2nd season cuz i feel like they may rush things with only 2 eps.

I’d rather one season and done, good story with a satisfactory ending, but that’s just my preference. 

Okay, looks like this season I'm doing:

Pokemon Master Journeys

One Piece

Boruto

Dragon Quest Dai no Daibokan

Isekai Shokudou Season 2

Lupin III Part 6

Demon Slayer Mugen Train Arc

JoJo when it pops up

Sakugan

Platinum End

I'll probably drop the last two if they don't hold up and Lupin III if it requires me to know anything about the previous 5 parts (but erryone says it doesn't require it so whatevs)

1 hour ago, dr. b said:

I’d rather one season and done, good story with a satisfactory ending, but that’s just my preference. 

I'll be fine with a 1 and done if they don't botch the last 2 eps. 

I am really enjoying the second part of Aquatope. Such a feel-good story, lots of very likeable characters. I am gonna be super bummed out when it finishes :crying2:

Episode 2 of takt op. Destiny was pretty solid too. Mappa and Madhouse have done great work so far, I think. It looks great, and there is some good music. I really liked the piano pieces in this episode. Only disappointment is that I'm not crazy about the OP or ED... :-/ 

I also watched the first episode of AMAIM something-or-other last night. It would be nice to have a new mecha series in my life, but I don't think it was very good. I fell asleep. Hey Sunrise, how about we just make a new Gundam series instead? 

2nd ep of Platinum End was interesting, Justice guy has both types of arrows and wings. And the Angel ranking rules continue to follow how the artist likes to set up a lot of rules for his series. This whole "needing to find happiness" might get old fast though. 

• Like 1

Yeah the second episode was decent. It was plain to see that Mirai and Metropoliman would be crossing paths very soon. I am over the whole happiness thing already :ugh:

• Like 1

I think I'm really gonna like Faraway Paladin. Story continues to be good, animation is top notch, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of the background in the world that Will is in.

Poor Eugene :salute:

Fena #11 

Started out great -- the twins playing around in the treasure was fantastic :rotfl: and then the showdown with Abel's men :shiny: -- but it started to lose me during the scene with Abel and Helena :ugh: Also, like, Abel has been a total d-bag for the whole show. He just shot his own captain a few minutes prior. I don't really like that he seemed to get a happy ending in spite of being a scumbag. Then the ending created a bunch of new questions and confused me a bit. Hopefully it all makes sense after the final episode.

I mean hey

Spoiler

At least Abel's fucking dead. I was waiting for him to collapse from the blood loss after losing his arm and then BOOM!

"Thereeeeeeee it is"

fena 11

Spoiler

i was so pissed at the Abel thing. Felt like a waste of time. Fuck 'im

OK SO

I watched the eps of Platinum End that are out and then just went and binged the manga and unless they radically change the plot I wouldn't advise anyone to bother with it. It is just... not good and the ending is awful. I'll happily sum it up for anyone who's curious or y'all can just look it up but I would label it a stinker lol

• Like 1

Yea after the recent ep, i'm super not feeling it. 

Re: Platinum End: I wasn’t expecting it to be the girl’s angel… that was a bit of a twist. I wanna say that Mirai is a loser and a pushover, but the same thing would probably happen to me too :rotfl:

Aquatope continues to be great. This week’s episode was very sweet. 

Platinum End 3

Ye I mega-lol'ed that the Red Arrow was pretty much useless because he would've done it all anyway :lol:

I'm def enjoying Faraway Paladin. I like the hinting that Will was isekai'd but focusing more on the world building of where he was brought into more at the moment. The the possibility that they'll feed us more about his old life down the line. 

aaaaa forgot to mention here but I binge watched all of the first season of Restaurant to Another World not long ago and have been VERY MUCH enjoying the second season! Today's ep resonated with me especially because of the aunt and her niblings! It's just a really chill fun lil laid back series with lil glimpses into a fantasy world and I love it.

• Like 2

Whelp. Fena ended about as well as i was expecting it to.