Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lucy

Komi Can't Communicate

Also known as Komi-san wa Komyushou desu, this comedy series is full of cute characters and many many pun names. Coming out in October, the trailer looks like they're mixing the more serious moments with the SD comedy well, I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Sounds fun, I'll definitely check this one out! 

• Shiny 1

I remember you talking about this on Discord and it looks really fun!

• Shiny 1

I'M SO PUMPED

• Shiny 1

Finally went international-Netflix today the other day, so got to watch the first episode:mosh: Love the transitioning, and the timing is spot on! The interesting cinematics like the view from behind the blackboard/through the blackboard were really good too

• Shiny 1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I watched yesterday and it was so lovely and seeing all of Komi's lil quirks and mannerisms animated melted my heart instantly. 

• Like 1

Yay!!!! I can finally start talking with you about this!!!! Seriously her mannerisms just KILL me and i want to just hug her!! 

Agari-san concerns me :uhoh:

• Like 1

Yamai-san also terrifies me. 

It's interesting to see the side characters start filtering in! Love Yamai-san, and Najimi is played well :unkeke:

• Like 1

I'm def enjoying the intros and how they're learning about their misunderstandings with Komi, so freaking cute!

Forgot there was a thread about this. 

I really enjoyed this series! The final two episodes especially, but really it was all very good. 

Let’s keep being friends :heart:

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

THURSDAY IS KOMI DAY

I'm already loving the new character. His face is so squishy!

Wed. April 27 will be Komi Day for me. 

• Sad 1

Is it not on Crunchyroll?

Don’t think so. It’s licensed by Netflix. April 27 is the international release date on there. It gets a few weeks exclusively in Japan first, or something like that. 

I saw the late date for Netflix and I honestly just don't get it. Hulu has rights to anime and normally from what I've seen with certain new series, it will air the same day as Gogoanime uploads if not next day. So why can't Netflix also have this ability?

But then again Netflix has a bad habit of killing off the really good shows and filling the voids with BS shows so I shouldn't be -that- surprirsed.

Different contracts. Anime that gets picked up/produced by Netflix has way different contracts, especially when it comes to voice actors. They actually have union VAs for dubs and translations while the vast majority of other companies who bring these adaptations do not. So, in a sense, Netflix actually does the "right" thing in some regards to this. 

• Like 2

Okay fair on that.

Still kinda stupid because I have no one to gush over with this. :bawling:

I'm also counting down the days to new Komi-san :puppyeyes:

• Sad 1

Dammit i hate that I have no one to gush over Komi with right now. each ep keeps getting more fucking cute af.

Spoiler

The yakimo skit and Tadano teaching the girls how to read Komi's expressions. hgnnnnnnn!

Wait five days and everybody else will be joining in the Komi lovefest.

Only on the first ep tho if they do weekly updates. :nono:

Episode 13

Spoiler

I LOVE KATAI-KUN SO MUCH, PERFECT ADAPTATION FROM THE MANGA :puppyeyes:

• Shiny 1

Episode 13 was great all around. Glad to be watching more of this show :nod: 

Ep 16 this week was full of adorbs

Spoiler

Of course you can't have winter break without having a Xmas ep.
Of course Komi's bday is on Xmas
Who has a last minute party planned at the birthday persons house without full consent? Najimi (I'm sure Najimi/Tadano probably planned to clear it with Shouko first and then made the call to Komi but it's a small tidbit that bothers me)
Poor brother
BIG KITTY
All the cute!

Ep 6 was super cute!

Spoiler

Katai-kun/Tadano bromance that looks like a 1 sided crush
Tadano getting sick and being healed by Komi san!
Najimi is SO MUCH ENERGY HE WOULD DRAIN ALL MY SPOONS. :xd:

I finally got around to the second episode (14) last night. It was a fun time!

Yamai's scheme to see Komi's panties  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: 

Also all the imaginary date scenes :rotfl: 

• Like 1

Episode 15 

Another very good round of fantasy date scenarios :rotfl: 

Lunch with Katai :rotfl: :rotfl: 

The bit about Nakanaka and Yamai trying to understand Komi better was good too.

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Postan without readan but I watch ep.1 with a supported person recently and it rules. I'll be watching it at a rate of maybe 2 per week and can't wait to catch up to yall

• Shiny 1

AAAAHHHH S2 EP 7

Spoiler

DAT SCHOOL TRIP STORY! :bawling: WHO ALLOWED THE SHOW TO TURN SUPER SAD FOR A MOMENT!?!
ALSO OMG OMG OMG OMG KOMI ACTUALLY SPOKE MORE!!!! MY HEART SHE'S GETTING BETTER!!!!

• Like 1

Episode16 was a very nice, feel-good kind of episode. :lol: at the strategizing to sit beside Komi. Poor Komi being overwhelmed by the whole thing. 

Not really reading poasts because I don't want anything spoiled but the episode with the Chūnibyō was bloody lovely. The way they sort of implied a commonality between Komi's selective mutism and the girl's fantasies/delusions was both sensitive and sweet af. Hope I can be more Komi in future.

Nakanaka is great :lol: One of my fav supporting characters!

Spoiler

Road trip part 2 was the utter best. I really enjoyed that it gives Komi a chance to grow with people outside her comfort zone of Tadano and Najimi circle. I was legit wondering if we were going to get more supporting cast insight or if some/most of them were gonna be just randos there. Like the girl with the armor over the one arm I wanna fucking know more about her!

The end of episode #19 (introducing the field trip) was truly heart-warming. Komi :loved:

Holy fuck, episode #20 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: 

That entire bath scene, both the girls and boys side, non-stop laughs. 

Yamai especially :rotfl:

Very heart-warming to see Komi get in on the pillow right at the end there :loved:

Episode #21 — fantastic stuff! Sasaki and Kato both grew on me really fast. Great new supporting characters. The whole Movie Land scene (and aftermath) was gold. 

• Shiny 1

Fun little Naruse moments. I loved when he's looking at Komi and Tadano is depicted as semitransparent. (Doesn't even see him.) 

I also love how the Ending theme starts when Komi hands him the handkerchief, and the credits intrude... because in his mind that's like the Ending to the Episode in his mind... and then there's like 5mins of content left. The framing (flowers everywhere, credits at where the Ending would be if he WAS the series protagonist) intrudes on the show. It's a good technique showing narcissism as basically a kind of 'Protagonism'.

The guy nearby explaining his self-world with doorbell sounds, basically the dude's translator/Tadano, his weariness cracks me up. And the use of *doorbell sfx* as "Red flag red flag red flag" is perfect also.

I never expected to ever, ever cheer for Ren. Yoooo.

• Like 1

:rotfl:

This reminds me, I think I have one or two more episodes to finish up of the second season... Haven't turned on Netflix in a while.

Ye the Tadano flu episode that Tassi talked about, I'd heard vaguely of hurt/comfort fic by being Tumblr enough to know about a few Fanfic constructs, but I could never visualise it. I guess it's that and I can see why people love it.

Fuckin Komi spoonfeeding Tadano while going 'Aaaaaaa' and then the pair of them recoiling at the sheer 'too much'ness of it lmao

All up to date now! (Of what's on Netflix.)

Good show, mayn.

DAE notice that the girl's uniform is a skirt, a tapered blazer and a cravat... that the boy uniform is a boy-cut blazer, a tie and trousers, and Najimi wears a boy-cut blazer, a tie and a skirt?

I only have one episode left to go.

That part with the ripped tights-- Yamai had me in stitches :rotfl: 

• ROFL 1

The final episode was a great ending (if that is indeed the end..?)

The Eraser Drop segment was fantastic stuff :rotfl: