Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Jupiter's Legacy

So I know there was a lot of hype for this one, and I'm 3 episodes in and so far I'm enjoying it. Kind of lesser gory but kind of complicated connections similar to what we've seen on The Boys, Umbrella Academy. 

Also ep 3 beginning:

Spoiler

Holy fuck who would make 99 fucking different types of boiled eggs for breakfast other than a rich asshole like George. :rotfl:

I thought it was extremely entertaining but ultimately doesn't do much. I was more interested in the 1932 story than the present day story. 

Assuming it gets more seasons I hope they keep working to bridge the gap between what they did 90 years ago and how they got to today. 

I have a feeling they will keep going over that bridge if they do get another season considering points they bring up or plop in there like:

Spoiler

- What made ShadowFox/George quit the Union? I feel like after the "reveal" that brother dearest was behind the plot makes me wonder if the reason George left is a mislead.

- I don't think that Hutch is George's son, near the end when you see that the rod Hutch uses is used by Blue Bolt and BB says only he got one when they got their powers. And Hutch is the only one who can use it, I wanna know how that rod got from point A to Point B of the two other than Hutch possibly being BB's kid.

Side note of things I was amused by:

-A villain being Sampson's therapist

-Even though most of the superheros have some similar abilities, they still have unique skills of their own.

-The scene w George and those 99 eggs

BB isn't Hutch's father, dude is gay. Extremely unlikely to have fathered a child. I do think that he is on Skyfox's side though, and gave the rod to Hutch to protect him

I'm pretty much convinced that Skyfox isn't a villain and was set up by Walt.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Okay I must've missed that bit on BB (or if there's a comic which I'm sure there is I haven't read it :sweat:) But I figured if that wasn't the case on Hutch than somewhere in one point he passes it onto Hutch. Just my first guess with BB so no disappointment there. 

Agreed that Walt probably set George up since they very much don't like each other for lots of reasons. And at one point they were probably sincere in putting aside said differences when getting their powers. But obviously Walt has too much of a complex and is just gonna stir the pot as it were. 

First clue was when he talked about wanting to see his pediatrician "friend" again when they were talking about dead "loved ones" they'd like to see again. This ties into his previous comment to Shelly about "You have no idea what I lost with that boat"

Second was when the woman and black man make a comment about hearing discrimination the loudest he chimes in "Oh, I hear it too, believe me"

• Like 1

Okay, I heard those on your first note and totally wasn't thinking fully on that intention, and I totally missed the 2nd note. 🤣

• Like 1

Well shit. Netflix cancelled season 2.

Damn that was faster than an In/Out. Did they even say why? 

So naturally because they didn't make enough out of it from what they put into it they pull and switch it up to an anthology?? Pfft.