Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Galeigh

One Piece [spoilers yo]

I have begun my journey in catching up in the manga. I have read up chapter 910 which is right after the Tea Party arc ends and just as the next arc is being set up. 

I paused there cause it seemed like a good point to take a moment and gush cause we low key got some serious knowledge bombs during those final chapters of Tea Party. 

1. Haki types can get stronger via battle (Luffys perception haki growing to see future glimpses)

2. Devil Fruit powers can get stronger by awakening (Katakuri mentioned his devil fruit was awakened and thus stronger than Luffys Gomu Gomu)

3. Sanji now has a super suit. 

Also, in Big Moms back story it was hinted that she ate the nun who was in charge of the orphanage and was later shown using the nuns devil fruit powers. So I am thinking that eating a devil fruit user is like eating the devil fruit itself. This might also partially explain why Blackbeard was able to get white beards power from his corpse. 

Can you change the title to "spoilers yo-ho"?

There is also a spoiler tag. :p Maybe we should conduct the topic like we did the old one, where you put the episode or chapter title above the spoiler tag? That worked well and means anime only friends like Ma can come on in. (scratch that last part, Ma made an anime only topic lol)

Chapter 938

Spoiler

The latest chapter was pretty cool, Zoro being a fuckin monster again. :shiny: It's been a while so I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm down for that, it's that I'm so far behind I didn't see it as necessary, but I still wanted people to not walk into the topic without warning.

• Like 1

1000 chapters. 

Seeing Luffy knock the shit outta Kaido then openly declaring himself the future Pirate King to 2 Yonkos in the flesh. Beautiful.

I thought about trying to read through the manga once, that was about... 6 years ago now probably. Seemed like too tall of a task at the time, and a lot of manga to read on a computer screen.

I noticed recently though that my local library has nearly all the volumes available (up to 94 IIRC) so I could start putting them on hold a few vols at a time and eventually read through them all, even if it takes months (years? :lol:).

2 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

I will never know the glory of One Piece and I am at peace with that.

but would you say you're at....One Peace?

for real though, I know that hitting 1000 chapters makes this series seem impossible to get into but I really really encourage y'all to give it a go. It's one of the most rewarding story journeys i've ever had the pleasure to experience. 

checking it out from the library sounds like a great idea! I know you said that's a lot to read on a computer screen, but if you've ever done any reading on a tablet or your phone then another option is the official shonen jump app. You can buy a membership for like $1.99 a month and read the entire backlog. You're limited to like 100 chapters a day or something but uhhhhhhhh shouldn't be a problem lol

• Shiny 1

I actually don't mind reading manga on my phone too much, so I'd consider that option. When I last had some serious interest in getting into One Piece, my only option was reading manga on a laptop which isn't super comfortable. I still like the idea of borrowing physical volumes from the library best, but availability will be hit and miss because they only have a couple copies of each one. The Jump app sounds like the smart way to go. 

• Like 2