Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[2020/12/03] Totally Weekly What Are You Playing?

Definitely happens every week

:ps4: Genshin Impact. Just popped my 18th character. I've done all the available quests so now I'm just doing daily quests and a bit of weapon, talent and ascension grinding.

:ps4: Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete. I'm maybe about 2/3rds of the way through the main game. It was sorta fun at the start, and then not fun for a bit because it punished you too much to get into combat, but now I'm more properly equipped so it's back to being sorta fun. There's little things about it that annoy me.

:ds: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride. I think I'm getting close to the part where your child character starts growing up. Really charming so far.

Also waiting on :switch: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light. I'm not totally sure how I'm gonna fit this in, maybe do a mission or two while listening to podcasts.

:360: Fallout 76 - I still enjoy it, in spite of it's myriad of problems.

:360: Dragon Ball Z Kakkarot - I still enjoy Dragon Ball and am intrigued by RPG DBZ

:360: Resident Evil 2 - Enjoying a remake of one of my Top 10 games of all time. 

Stream raiders - Play it as part of Brandon Cutler's Twitch streams

Haven't picked up my Switch in weeks. Too busy playing and tinkering with my bass guitars. I really do need to get back to playing Project Diva though. 

I've managed to squeeze in a bit of game playing between homework assignments over the last couple weeks.

Shadow Hearts (PS2) - Damn, I fucking love this game.  Traditional JRPG that tends to get swept under the rug(probably partially to do with it being published by Midway).  Has a cool Judgment Ring system that allows you to have stronger attacks, which I feel might have been inspiration for the Lost Odyssey battle system.  This game costs a lot to get online nowadays, but managed to find a version without the case/manual for like 30 bucks.  I've been sinking as much free time as possible into this since it came.  Now to save up 100 bucks to get the sequel(which was PSM's Game of the Year when it came out).

No Man's Sky (PC) - Mostly to play with my girlfriend.  She loves this game, and I think it's pretty fun, but I have other games I'd rather sink my time into if I'm doing single player.  It also feels like it'll take forever before I ever actually know what I'm doing in this game.

Genesis Mini - picked this up like three weeks ago now?  Haven't played too much other than testing some games out and getting brief flashes of nostalgia.  But I definitely put a good chunk of time into playing Valis III one day.

:ps4: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - Started Act III, should be finishing up soon and starting 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. 

1 hour ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Genesis Mini

Space Harrier! :thumbs:

• Shiny 1

Fun story, my dad actually loved Space Harrier and played it all the time when I was a baby.  I kept trying to pick up the controller and play, so on my third Christmas they got me a SNES.  And the rest is history.

My Dad will actually be passing through town in a couple weeks and I'm gonna let him play Space Harrier before we start going all out on Mortal Kombat.

On 12/3/2020 at 4:59 PM, Vic Boss said:

:ds: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride. I think I'm getting close to the part where your child character starts growing up. Really charming so far.

God damn, SNES JRPGs

The bad guy holds a scythe to your throat, his minions enter into a battle with your dad and he just stoically stands there while they pound on him until his HP goes to zero, then the bad guy uses a big spirit-bomb like fireball and turns him into char-stains on the floor and you're carted off for 10 years of child-labour slavery.

What the FUCK, anime JRPGs?

Lots of Destiny 2, lots of Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories. Waiting on dat Cyberpunk.