Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[07/17/2020] Weekly What Are You Playing?

:ps4: Ghost of Tsushima

Installed it today and played about half an hour so far.

:pc: Persona 4

Maybe two hours in? The story is interesting so far, but I haven't played much the last few days. May just toss it down to Easy to absorb the story and not worry about the actual combat.

:switch: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive

Chapter 13. Forgot that the Mechonis Field existed (holy shit, dat view of the Bionis and the Fallen Arm when you open the big doors :shiny:), music is Metroid Prime as fuck and I love it.

Grinding out support conversations in :3ds: Fire Emblem Awakening and nodes in :ps4: Detroit: Become Human. I really shouldn't be playing three games like this all at once but I didn't realize Detroit had so many unlockables. I think you have to beat the last chapter like 30ish times to see every bit of it (I've only been unlocking nodes there so far, haven't been playing any other chapter yet).

Yeah, Detroit had a lot to it. Even after getting the plat there was still stuff on the flow chart I didn't have. As of the last time I played it, there was stuff that nobody had figured out how to unlock yet (a couple of them were likely just bugged). I'm sure everything has been figured out by now, but I thought that was cool. The game has some rough spots (because every David Cage game is a ridiculous, overblown self-masturbatory production), but overall it's easily the best that Quantic Dream has done by far and it felt like it had some REAL choice to it a lot more often than their other games.

They did an excellent job with the characters and acting too. I still do a double take anytime I see one of the actors from it in a live action show/movie. XD

I've pretty much just been playing Destiny 2 at the moment. Enjoying just finding stuff and doing random quests and stuff that I never did before while I can since they're locking off all the Year 1 stuff (and then some) when the next expansion comes out. I like a lot of what they've done with the game while I stopped playing. Still a lot of messy shit, but it is worlds better than it was at launch (imagine that, a live service game that was trash at launch and got better? :rolleyes: ). Mostly just having fun catching up on story stuff I've missed out on since I've always really enjoyed the world building in the series.

10 hours ago, Mera'din said:

Yeah, Detroit had a lot to it. Even after getting the plat there was still stuff on the flow chart I didn't have. As of the last time I played it, there was stuff that nobody had figured out how to unlock yet (a couple of them were likely just bugged). I'm sure everything has been figured out by now, but I thought that was cool. The game has some rough spots (because every David Cage game is a ridiculous, overblown self-masturbatory production), but overall it's easily the best that Quantic Dream has done by far and it felt like it had some REAL choice to it a lot more often than their other games.

They did an excellent job with the characters and acting too. I still do a double take anytime I see one of the actors from it in a live action show/movie. XD

I've read some of the comments of the guides I've been using and it does sound like they patched out some of the nodes. Others are just so twitchy in requirements that they can be a bitch to unlock (as an example, you can get a Jerry to run interference for you in one part of the game and he'll ultimately die, but there's also a separate node for "Jerry Dies" and it turns out it only counts if you just do nothing and let him die in the situation naturally).

Got the Boulder Badge in Let's Go Pikachu today. Poor Brock couldn't handle my dumb Oddish :rotfl: Hopefully I can squeeze in some more play time tomorrow and get through to the next badge.