Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[06/14/20] Weekly What Have You Been Listening To?

I've been listening to Drake's first studio album Thank Me Later for the first time.

On first listen it wasn't nearly as good as So Far Gone, no songs as good as Best I Ever Had or Say What's Real or Successful. Seems like he shuffled a bit backwards to try and cover more pop bases but I guess since singing rappers wasn't as big of a thing back then it still would've come out sounding revolutionary.

I've listened to about half of it a second time and have been liking pretty much everything.

I was kinda looking forward to drama with Nicki Minaj somehow featuring on 6ix9ine's next track release but it came out as a whole lot of nothing. I can't tell if it's because the riots have made people care about petty little things like that less, or if people are just over the trolling because it seems like there's more people laughing that "street guys are gonna be mad about this" than there is actual street guys mad about.

Was also half-looking forward to Pop Smoke's posthumous album but there was no way that was gonna release this week and they pushed it back.

Listening to the new Run the Jewels album (and my fuck the police playlist :xd:).

Fucking love RTJ.  Love that De La Rocha keeps doing tracks with them. 😍

Zack is basically a part-time member at this point.  He's been on every album since the first.

Been listening to that as well as a mix of stuff when I go out skating.  Mostly Pig Destroyer and Ministry this week.  Also been bumpin' Immortal Technique's Revolutionary Vol. 1 for the last week or so.  Just some good barebones, stripped down hip-hop talking about the revolution and all sorts of political and socioeconomic topics.  Great shit.  Just wish he'd actually come out with something new for once.

• Like 1