Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[AEW vs NXT] Wednesday Night War Week 6

MJF was on colour commentary on AEW Dark this week. I like how he's basically Young Jim Cornette and hating all the things Cornette does just because he knows it'll get him heat with that crowd.

Also JESUS CHRIST as the end

• Like 1

Haven't seen it

if it makes him sympathetic in any way, I don't think I want to see it

I don't think it makes him sympathetic, but it is one of the best documentaries I've seen. It adds layers imo.

If you're on the fence I'll give you a mild spoiler but it's probably better to go in clean:

Basic premise - don't try and work yourself into a shoot, or you might get shot into a work, brother

aka is he really the mean guy you see on TV? Is he actually just a lifelong wrestling nerd who loves the Rock? Is he maintaining kayfabe? Is he working an extra layer deeper than everyone else? Or, fuck, is he something even more sinister than a guy playing a heel?

https://youtu.be/IJGYy1X_6Ok

Speaking of blurring the lines - Donald Trump jr on TiJ this week. A ploy to get heat or just a dumb move?

I think Jericho just loves attention no matter what.

I know I'll be listening to it

Are we gonna do Full Gear picks?

Another great AEW episode in the books

That Jericho video package was *chef kiss*. And that brawl at the end was awesome.

My only real gripe is the end of the Trent/PAC match. I thought when the ref stopped his count that maybe Trent had his leg on the ropes, but nope. Ref just stopped for some reason.

Oh man, that last match on NXT

- Riddle wrecking shop on that hot tag

- The fucking Pounce that wipes out Drake

- Scumbag Balor attacking Team NXT then flashing the guns at AJ Styles

- "WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THIS BEFORE" (Actually Mauro, I don't think we ever saw that. AJ debuted on the night Balor get turfed from Biz Cliz)

- And then Balor and Cole, also ex-Bullet Club members, having a bit of a face-off at the end

God, that Cody promo :jumboshiny:

They got me, I'm pulling for Cody Rhodes to win the title

And for MJF to not fuck him over and join The Inner Circle and ruin Cody's AEW career :uhoh: