Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

Thrifting et Flipping

Yo waddup

I'm getting quite interested in flipping again. I've dabbled but nothing serious. Always been a "car boot" sale (uh, Yard sale, Garage sale?) fanatic and I need to make some extra money so it's peaking my interest.

What random cool shit you ever found cheap in yard sales / thrift stores?

Have you ever flipped items (bought cheap with the sole intention of selling for profit)? If so, what and how much?

Do you consider flipping immoral?

Any other interesting chat/YouTube channels/etc?

I'd recommend LGR Thrifts (a playlist on the Lazy Game Reviews YouTube channel). Dude goes through various Goodwills finding interesting old games and software for his collections. Love dat shit.

I actually have a buddy that is currently buying shit on an auction site and flipping on Craigslist and Offerup.  Interesting little thing he has going.  I have him letting me know whenever he buys office chairs because I'm looking for a new one. :lol:

• Like 1

I enjoy thrifting but I've never had an excuse to flip it (yet). More or less I end up gifting half of what I find because part of my brain thinks I'll need it for some reason and it ends up being because I find that it's more suited for someone else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webhead said:

I actually have a buddy that is currently buying shit on an auction site and flipping on Craigslist and Offerup.  Interesting little thing he has going.  I have him letting me know whenever he buys office chairs because I'm looking for a new one. :lol:

So am I. Think he'd ship?

1 hour ago, Tassifox said:

I enjoy thrifting but I've never had an excuse to flip it (yet). More or less I end up gifting half of what I find because part of my brain thinks I'll need it for some reason and it ends up being because I find that it's more suited for someone else.

That's sweet though, I'm sure the gifts are appreciated :)

• Like 1

For sure. I wish I had the kind of radar that one of my friends have. He always seems to find the biggest gems on random days. Either for Cosplay or just interesting stuff. Like one time he found an original framed print that was autographed by both of the Penny Arcade guys.

ruZ6m8H.jpg

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1