Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[09/26/19] Weekly What Have You Been Listening To?

Two or three songs or maybe an album you've been listening to this week.

Been catching up on Psycho-Pass because the new season is incoming, the intro reminded me of this song because it's the same singer/band.

And like so

Had to drive to a town about an hour away, and spent the ride listening to these gems.

The full album, of course.  Think I listened to that one almost two times the whole way through before I swapped to Moving Pictures.  Being the first Rush album I own e and probably their most popular, I had forgotten how damn good that album is, from start to finish.  Really love the sound of "Witch Hunt":

Also been reliving some of my high school thrash days with Rumpelstiltskin Grinder:

Just good, heavy thrash bordering on death metal.  They also have a theme called "Criminal Thrash" where most of the lyrical topics are based around a fictional crime organization.

• Like 1

In honor of 6ix9ine refusing witness protection :picard:

Honestly hope he doesn't change his style at all. Like people are saying he can't do that tough guy shit anymore, but fuck it, he was always a troll rapper and everyone knew he wasn't hard, just rap about putting away Nine Trey and then putting them away when they get out of jail and watch how mad everyone gets and make $$$ before they actually kill him

• ROFL 1

@Psycho666Soldier A Farewell to Kings might be my favourite Rush album (it's between AFTK and Hemispheres - two incredible albums back to back)

---

Found these guys on Bandcamp the other day. Brendan Canty and Joe Lally (Fugazi) along with a guitar player I don't think I've heard of before, but the dude can really rip.

Also got some classic Air tunes on the playlist this week

... and a lot of the SUPERBEAT: XONiC soundtrack... :music:

• Shiny 1

2 hours ago, little birdy said:

@Psycho666Soldier A Farewell to Kings might be my favourite Rush album (it's between AFTK and Hemispheres - two incredible albums back to back)

---

Found these guys on Bandcamp the other day. Brendan Canty and Joe Lally (Fugazi) along with a guitar player I don't think I've heard of before, but the dude can really rip.

Also got some classic Air tunes on the playlist this week

... and a lot of the SUPERBEAT: XONiC soundtrack... :music:

That's funny, because Hemispheres is my favorite, and AFTK is probably a close third at worst.  Xanadu is actually one of the first non-radio songs I heard from Rush, so that one is a classic that always gets me.  It was also the first epic song I listened to on acid, and that was a beautiful journey.