Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jane

No Guilty Pleasures aka #sorrynotsorry

Share songs that have low to zero street cred but that you actually like. :P I'm imagining that a lot of the time these will be well-put-together pop songs or great melodies so no guilt allowed!

(ok, you're permitted to feel a bit weird about a song if the performer in question has gone all Morrissey or something, but no shame based on perceived taste.)

Oh yeah - and even though this is guilt-free, reacts are encouraged. :D
E.G.: 
:thumbs: for "you're right, this is a pretty good song"
:shiny: for "I LIKE THIS TOO" or "I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST ME"
and :bawling: for "outside of this thread you should be sorry" "why did you subject me to this" and "now I'm going to have this in my head all day, tyvm".

I'll start. :mosh:This song is brilliant and I'll never understand why it wasn't sent as our Eurovision entry the year it came out:

Steps - Scared of the Dark

I like a Limp Bizkit song... Ohh the shame :(

• Shiny 1

I never even liked emo the first time around, what the fuck?

(16 year old me would've loved this song because we're the trolling-our-parents-and-grandparents-polite-society-sensibilities generation, 30+ year old me loves it because half the people I know our age, some now parents, would immediately hate it or cringe at it and it's proof positive that us trolls are becoming old and trolled ourselves and the cycle of life continues. Also love the delivery on some of those fucked up punchlines and that whole Joker-aesthetic he's got going on.)

Also I guess if we're talking about horrific street cred, I first found out about this dude like a week ago when the Blink 182 drummer and Machine Gun Kelly decided to randomly bring '00s pop-punk back (I didn't even like it the first time around, what the fuck?). I guess everyone had their arms folded because MGK is uncool (Killshot is a better song and display of skill but Rap Devil is a better diss) but then anyone who lived through that time felt a glimmer of nostalgic youth and rocked out to it or something

• Shiny 1