Old School Forum
webhead

Monthly Comic Solicits

What the hell, maybe this will spark some conversation.  I'll post these every month (since I obsessively check them) and I'll wait for the day they're all posted.  We will just do this one topic because several for something like 5 people do is probably too much. :rotfl:

Generally I'm going to talk about what looks cool and what Hardcovers/TPBs I'm gonna get.

July 2019 Solicits:

One thing I am super fucking pumped for this month is they're finally doing an OMNIBUS for the Official Marvel Handbook. :shiny:  I've been wanting a hardcover collection of these forever.  Thus far all we've gotten were the super shitty "Essential" versions that are on like newspaper printing and softcover.  HYYYYYPEEEE.

Spoiler

WdlKav2.png

Other HCs I'm looking to get

• Venom by Donny Cates HC

Light this month on hardcovers and such.  I might post my pull list at some point but it's embarrassingly huge. :rotfl:

Also This Month

• Hickman's X-Men starts oh yeah baby (House of X and Powers of X)
  • War of the Realms and it's 87 tie ins finally end
  • Secret Warps starts (combining multiple characters into one person thing)
  • Looks like a few new black label books (or just some new Batman mini series)

I never used to get Omnibus and graphic novel stuff, but started giving in. Trying to keep it to strictly Venom and Carnage shit though which I'm managing pretty well. As such, I'll probably be eyeballing that Venom one myself. XD

I used to have a pretty big pull list, but I've weeded out a lot of shit anymore because Marvel is being retarded again. Can't even be bothered to download most of what I used to read anymore. :| 
As of right now I only get: Amazing Spider-man, Miles Morales: Spider-man, Superiror Spider-man, Venom and Ms. Marvel. I look through everything each month though in case something catches my eye (usually Spider-man related stuff that pops up here and there). 

I guess I'll eventually post my list but for Marvel it's all the Spider-Man books (except friendly because idgaf), Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Uncanny X-Men, and Daredevil.

I've basically stopped buying events and just get hardcovers after the fact.  None of those tie ins are generally worth a damn anyway.

I legit wish I had the money (and storage space) to start buying tradebacks again. I enjoyed reading them over individual comics. 

It can get expensive especially if you miss something and it goes out of print (OOP) and the prices fucking skyrocket.  Still haven't been able to get the Annihilation omnibus because of that.  They ARE starting a reprint of the Flash by Geoff Johns though.  That has been on my list for a while. :shiny:

God I fucking hate comics sometimes. Was catching up on some stuff I had piling up and saw an add for "Magnificent Ms. Marvel" in one and then it dawned on me that I hadn't seen Ms. Marvel the past couple months on my list. >_< 

STOP CHANGING YOUR FUCKING TITLES YOU FUCKS.

Or at least do it in a way that doesn't fuck over the people that actually want to buy the shit. I had this problem back when The Dark Tower was still running too. Every story arc the 'subtitle' on the comic would change and it would count it as a COMPLETELY different title and I'd end up missing shit if I didn't think about it. :| 

• Like 1

At this point most Marvel titles operate in seasons like a fucking TV show.  It's incredibly annoying.  Always trying to get #1's to get new readers or whatever bullshit excuse they use.

These days it feels like the oddball secondary comic series are the only ones given room to breathe and grow naturally outside of that.

The thing with the seasons/new volumes thing is that it usually happens when there's a new creative team.  There were a few big annoying events and shit that messed that up though.  Those are super dumb.

Woops forgot this the last 2 :rotfl:

August 2019 Solicits:

The rest: http://forums.millarworld.tv/t/solicitations-for-august-2019-w-previews-text/11795

September 2019 Solicits:

The rest: http://forums.millarworld.tv/t/solicitations-for-september-2019/11851

So what am I getting?

August:

• Iron Man: The Mask in the Iron Man Omnibus
  • Berserk Deluxe Edition HC Vol 03
  • Umbrella Academy Library Edition HC Vol 01
  • Batman Who Laughs HC
  • Thanos Ogn HC Infinity Ending
  • Heroes in Crisis HC

September:

• Doomsday Clock Part 1 HC
  • Annihilation Omnibus (Reprint :shiny: )
  • Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 1
  •  The Umbrella Academy Library Edition Volume 2: Dallas HC

I'm most excited for the Annihilation reprint right now.  That thing  has been out of print for several years and is expensive as fuck (I do not do the eBay it for 200 dollars shit). :D

Oooh. May have to get that Annihilation one. That was one of my favorite events by far and is the reason Nova is one of my favorite heroes now.

I think the next one (Annihilation Conquest) is out of print though so that sucks if you never got it.  The others I think are still good though.  There are like 3 cosmic omnis after Conquest.  Lol.  If you're curious:

1. Annihilation
  2. Annihilation Conquest
  3. Road to War of Kings
  4. War of Kings
  5. Realm of Kings

Ah fuck....War of Kings is out of print too.  Glad I scooped up everything I did (I've got them all except Annihilation).  I knew at least one of them would end up OOP after both Annihilation and Conquest went. :P

Heyyy next month finally released super fucking late because of SDCC.

The rest of them here.

Actually fairly slim pickings for me this month.

• HELLBLAZER BY GARTH ENNIS OMNIBUS HC
  • MAYBE  DC’S YEAR OF THE VILLAIN OMNIBUS HC...not sure I care enough tbh

I think that's actually it for the hardcovers and shit. 

• I'm definitely going to get X-Men now with Hickman on it.  Don't know that I care about the other titles.  I think he's doing New Mutants as well so I'll probably get that too. 
  • That Abrams Spider-Man title is probably going to be meh.  That whole thing is such a fucking stupid ass disaster. :rotfl:
  • DCeased looks like a stupid copy of Marvel Zombies which was only okay for like 1 series and then started getting dumber.  I don't even know why they're bothering with this. :uhoh:  Oh and now Marvel is doing yet another Marvel Zombies title. :rolleyes:
  • My god there are like 50 Absolute Carnage titles.  WTF.
  • New Doctor Doom book...never heard of this writer.  Might give it a shot because it's Doom. :chin:
  • Bunch of Year of the Villain stuff at DC but I'm not sure any of those books are going to be interesting enough to buy.  I can just read them later in the DCU app. :lurk:
  • Dan Didio writing a Metal Men comic. :rotfl: Okay guys.
  • Tales from the Dark Multiverse now THAT is some shit I am fucking pumped for.  Those look cool as fuck. :shiny:
  • Oh they're doing a book about Wally W--oh it's Scott Lobdell.  Nevermind. :|
  • Hoping Shazam goes to an omnibus or hardcover. :lurk:

:sigh:

No one ever posts but I'll keep posting the links I guess and talking to myself. :P  @MT @Mera'din @Galeigh

November

December

So...pretty heavy couple months.  Especially the order this month...fuck.

Nov:

• Marvel Comics 1000 HC
  • AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
  • UNCANNY X-FORCE BY RICK REMENDER OMNIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING)

Dec:

• SILVER SURFER OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC (NEW PRINTING)
  • ASTONISHING X-MEN BY JOSS WHEDON & JOHN CASSADAY OMNIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING)
  • BATWOMAN BY J.H. WILLIAMS III OMNIBUS HC
  • GREEN ARROW BY MIKE GRELL OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
  • OMEGA MEN BY TOM KING DELUXE EDITION HC
  • Berserk Deluxe Edition Volume 4 HC

My broke ass hasn't been able to keep up with comics lately. 

And if I am honest... I prefer tradebacks. 

Everything I just listed I was buying are trades. :xd:

I do get monthlies but those generally don't change much so I don't bother posting them.