Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Psycho666Soldier

[Manga Chat]

This was mine:

Screenshot_20231220-152739.png?ex=6595d1

Feels about right, though I feel Beat & Motion, Spy x Family and Martial Master Asumi are snubbed by not having as many chapters.  If this was expanded to a Top 10, Show-ha Shoten and Elusive Samurai would definitely be in there as far as enjoyment goes.

• Like 1

I haven’t read all the new stuff for this week yet but I am loving the action in MMA, Elusive Samurai, and Sakamoto!

MMA #27

I am super hyped for Nao—she can do this!!! Ain’t over yet though.

Elusive Samurai #139

Two captivating battles going on at the same time. No way that Tokiyuki is down for the count, because he’s the MC and therefore has plot armour… but he definitely took a hard hit there :uhoh: I might be more worried about Kojiro. Things were going a bit too easily for him before his opponent got juiced up by that needle-arrow thing.

Sakamoto #149

Love how all the pro assassins can’t stop one fat dude and a girl :rotfl:

I am really looking forward up this next showdown Nagumo and bad-guy.

Second pretty much everything here(these are also the three I've read so far)

On Elusive Samurai

Spoiler

Tokiyuki almost certainly alive because of the whole "learn your enemy's secret technique" thing.  Still pulling for Kojiro!  My man deserves a victory, and after some of the struggles/losses they've faced recently, it would be nice to see the Elusive Warriors have another total victory.  We'll see though...

Akane-banashi #92

I officially have a new least-favourite character :angry: Whatever yer beef is with Shiguma, don’t hold that against Akane!!! :mad:

8 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Second pretty much everything here(these are also the three I've read so far)

On Elusive Samurai

Reveal hidden contents

Tokiyuki almost certainly alive because of the whole "learn your enemy's secret technique" thing.  Still pulling for Kojiro!  My man deserves a victory, and after some of the struggles/losses they've faced recently, it would be nice to see the Elusive Warriors have another total victory.  We'll see though...

I feel like the Elusive Warriors are definitely due for a total victory. And I am for sure 100% pulling for Kojiro. I dunno, I’m just a tad worried it could get ugly for somebody. I don’t think there have been any major death flags for Kojiro… but the good guys haven’t had any devastating losses since Yorishige ( :salute: ) and this is a war after all. I am gonna be super bummed out if/when there are more big losses on Tokiyuki’s side :crying2: Very much hoping that doesn’t happen though. 

I binged a bunch of JJBA Part 6 - Stone Ocean over the holidays. Almost caught up to current. IIRC up to chapter 109 is out on the Jump app. 49 chapters to go to finish it, so that’s basically  a year if it’s on a weekly schedule. 

Stone Ocean was a slow starter for me, similar to Golden Wind, but some of the characters and stands have really grown on me. I am enjoying it. 

Denji got his groove back :jumboshiny:

Elusive Samurai (#142) got a really slick colour cover page today :nod: Very excited to see what happens in this fight in the next chapter!!!

Sakamoto #152–That was an intense fight between Nagumo and Gaku! :O.O: 

MMA #31

I am hyped for Nito getting the win but at the same time bummed out for Kuronuma

:-/ 

MMA is finished after 32 chapters… Bummer :-/ 

Fuuuuuck.  I had a feeling it was coming.  I was looking on jajanken a few weeks ago and it's been ranking terribly each week.  Which is such a shame because I thought it had a lot to offer. Mirrored the best of sports shonen storytelling, but had enough great art and characters with heart that it felt like it stood on its own.  Maybe just bad timing, I dunno.  Really disappointed about it regardless.

Gonna try and catch up on the last couple weeks of stuff soon.  Been a bit lazy about it.

It’s a good time for getting caught up on stuff. Lots of good action going on in Sakamoto and Elusive Samurai right now. Akane-banashi it still on a good run too. 

The most recent Show-ha Shoten almost got some tears out of me halfway through.  It's curious how Nazutani had decent intentions but became a legit dick in the process. Excited for the next chapter.

Yeah for sure. The author succeeded in adding depth and complexity to that character. Basically got me to empathize with a character that I never expected to. 

DB Super #102 — We’re officially past the events of the Super Hero movie now. It hasn’t launched into a new story arc yet but I assume it will eventually. This was a fun “let’s see who’s stronger now” sparring chapter which is going to carry into at least one more chapter. I liked it. 

You’ve gotta get caught up on some of this stuff @Psycho666Soldier

There has been lots of excitement in Sakamoto Days and Elusive Samurai. Akane just finished a thrilling performance in Akane-banashi. The latest Show-ha Shoten! continued Nazutani’s storyline in a really nice way. Beat & Motion is still awesome. Lots of good stuff in Jump right now! Not sure if you kept up with Choujin X but that series has been on a great roll for a while now too. 

I've actually been relatively caught up on the usual suspects.  I just usually miss one week and then catch up on 2 chapters at a time.  That said, I do have to read the last two weeks.

Just did Sakamoto and holy shit I love the fights going on right now.  Seeing Shin trying to stand in his own strength and wits without his ESP(though he maybe unlocked some kind of mind suggestion technique?).  

Absolutely loved Akane's performance.  I love that she started expanding into other stories, and man, the last chapter with her father acknowledging her path to Rakugo and then tearing up at the end.  Shit was beautiful.  She deserves the promotion.

Also hadn't realized it's been over a month since the last Spy x Family!  The most recent chapter was pretty fun, but it definitely feels like the best stuff will be next chapter.

Yeah I’m super curious about Shin’s apparent new technique in Sakamoto Days. Mind control??? Unless those last few panels were just a misdirection and it has nothing to do with Shin—that would be pretty fun :lol:

I totally agree re: the last chapter of Akane-banashi. What a beautiful thing. If Taizen doesn’t acknowledge that performance then I’m gonna be mega bummed out.