Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Boy Kills World (2024)

A dystopian fever dream action film that follows Boy, a deaf mute with a vibrant imagination. When his family is murdered, he is trained by a mysterious shaman to repress his childish imagination and become an instrument of death.

Looks pretty sick

Okay, like what i see in casting

I love that his inner voice is Bob from Bon's Burgers

Why do i feel the insanity in this movie should have been in the Borderlands LA Trailer because i feel this level of insanity is more in sync with that game than the "Dusty Guardians of the Galaxy" version that they gave us.

And it's something fresh for once. I'd see it.

It seems interesting, but as much as I love H. Jon Benjamin, the voice over seems weird. I don't know if it's just because I'm so used to hearing him as specific characters already and it's just the same voice he's done for most of his "big" ones (Coach McGuirk is Archer is Bob Belcher, etc. ) but it felt off.

Edit: Looking it up, it seems like he didn't narrate in the original release of the movie that was shown at film festivals. Skarsgard himself did it originally (and supposedly did it really well), but they've changed it for the big release of it for some reason. Might be part of why it seemed weird to me but hard to say without seeing both versions. Still interested in it though.

They probably did it for the comedy/weirdness angle they're going with. Which is sad because Skarsgaard does really good voices when he gets into a role.

Also looking over this again and wondering because of how it's edited. Is it just the "boy" that's grown up and not the girl? Like, are they doing something like where it's similar to OPM and the kid trains to where he's all adult physically but still a kid mentally? Slightly confused on that.