• The Game
    • Fight Club
    • Panic Room
    • Zodiac
    • Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    • The Social Network
    • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    • Gone Girl

As I was creating this topic I learned something new about Fincher. 

He was primarily a music video director for a long portion of his career. He OK first time directing a feature film was Alien 3 but then ever since then he's knocked it out of the park repeatedly. Se7en was only his second film.

He's also the first one I know for sure that I've seen all his movies.

Fight club.  Even after you've watched it once and you know the ending, its enjoyable watching it through again and again to start picking out all the little splices.

Se7en easily (though I guess because of Kevin Spacey it'll be harder to suspend disbelief on that one on a rewatch)

Only other movies I've seen was Alien 3, which I remember feeling meh about but it's been a long long time since I've seen it so I don't know if that opinion would hold up, and Fight Club, which I stopped watching halfway through because I couldn't take the cringe-college-kid-wisdom of it seriously.

Really hard to pick between Se7en and Fight Club.  I've definitely watched Fight Club more times though so that probably means I like it more. :nod:

I love Se7en and Fight Club a lot. However, I give it to Zodiac. That movie is just phenomenal. 

Plus, the cast is amazing. Robert Downey Jr, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Buffalo, John Carrol Lynch, Brian Cox, Chloe Sevigny. 

It's possible the best true crime movie ever.

1 hour ago, Galeigh said:

I have never seen se7en ?

You really really should watch the movie.  It's an awesome movie.

1 hour ago, Deimos said:

I love Se7en and Fight Club a lot. However, I give it to Zodiac. That movie is just phenomenal. 

Plus, the cast is amazing. Robert Downey Jr, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Buffalo, John Carrol Lynch, Brian Cox, Chloe Sevigny. 

It's possible the best true crime movie ever.

I'll have to watch it again.  I haven't seen it again since the first time. :chin:

Se7en, Fight Club, Zodiac, and Panic Room are all incredible movies.

My vote went to Social Network, though.  Stylistically it's pretty different from his other movies.  I'm having a hard time identifying why I like it more than his others.  Maybe because the four movies I first mentioned all left a sick feeling in my stomach, lol.  The good kind, though.  They're all really disturbing.