Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Downshift

Downfire

So um, I'm here.

Not sure what else to add except... everything you've heard about me is true. :shrug:

Tell your wife happy birthday!

What else is new in your life?  You got a house right?  Post pics.  Most people returning don't know about any of that! :D

Oh yeah, that's also a thing.

Closed in June:

Yi1uVPz.jpg

smniU3Z.jpg

zS5scK5.jpg

pOaDcXO.jpg

2l3YJlm.jpg

It's not very big overall, but it has big open living spaces for not having vaulted ceilings. It's really easy to keep clean and maintain it, and our pair of Roombas keep the floors clean automatically. The flat ceilings and dual paned windows keep our A/C bill low also. One of the best things is that there's no HOA in this neighborhood. So we don't have to pay $100/mo just for someone to drive by every week and send us fines because a car is parked crooked or whateverthefuck.

These were the MLS listing photos, so it looks a lot different now after we fully moved in with our own furnishings and decorations. We also trimmed the palm trees and pulled out the dying palo verde out back by the fire pit, and the cactus out front trying to stab its way through that window.

Pool is awesome I'm told, but that's Wifeshift's domain. I only got in it maybe once a week while she was in it every day for hours. We just upgraded the pool cleaner and are gonna spring for a new variable speed pump before summer really sets in.

Also, not really related to the new house per se, but I got an upgrade my entertainment center setup. :D

fxFPASC.jpg

This was before I rebuilt the TV stands to fit only on the black entertainment center so I could turn the speakers forwards.

On the right is my 51"Samsung plasma 1080P HDTV. On the left is my TCL Roku 4K LCD TV. Both tower speakers on the end are Pioneer CS-G303, each with their own 12" subs.

Entertainment center itself is a custom build that's covered in upgraded black glass and metal everywhere possible. Stereo reciever and center challen JBL speaker are in the middle section, while the two cabinets under each TV house 20+ USB and other various chargers, as well as my gaming console stuff (Switch and Wii U, atm).

HTPC that runs everything is hidden between the entertainment center and the wall. So essentially the two TVs are just dual monitors.

• Like 1

Can I move in with you and use your pool?  I'm a really clean roommate.

1 minute ago, Downshift said:

We have a spare bedroom. :lurk:

We can play so much Smash that Mrs. Downfire finally leaves you.

• ROFL 2

Are those little putting greens? ARE YOU GONNA BUILD A WINDMILL

That's definitely the missing piece.  If you're going to have a putting green it can't be so damn easy.  Gotta spice it up. :nod:

Yes they're putting greens. :ugh:

Pretty sure the previous owner used them to hit balls over the pool as a "water hazard".

Can I have the spare room for free

Sure, but you'll have to fight Xyguy for it. (and kanji also, probz...)

Easy one my ankle is healed.

Is it normal for people to have putting greens in your area? I have genuinely never considered that as a feature on any property I might own one day.

No that is not normal.  Though there are a fucking ton of golf courses here in the desert. :blink:

10 hours ago, Deimos said:

Easy one my ankle is healed.

Too bad you're practically one-legged right now.  I'd take this fight easy peasy.  

What. The. Fuck.

Your house has a fucking Putt putt golf course?! That is fucking amazing. 

• Shiny 1