Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+ 2022)

Duel of the Fates? Chills!

• Shiny 1

Yeah I’m super hyped for this. I hope it’s great. That Inquisitors make up looks weird though…

SPOILERS WILL BEGIN WITH THIS POST

Episode 1

Still not really sold on the Grand Inquisitor's look, he just seems...off in a way that's upsetting. First episode was a bit of a slow burn, but it definitely has me interested in seeing more. They teased Luke in the trailer but I had no idea we'd get such an extensive look at Leia. I like the actress they got to play her too, she pulls off Leia's attitude quite well, and it's neat to see it manifest so early in her life. As soon as I heard the kidnapper's voice, I knew it was Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, can't say I expected to see him in a cameo in anything.

Episode 2

Guess I don't have to worry about the Grand Inquisitor any more, lol. I was surprised at how quickly Obi Wan was able to find Leia, and real surprised to see Kumail Nanjiani in another Disney product so quickly after Eternals. Shame his character didn't last a bit longer, but it was a nice little bit just the same. It was also neat to see a washed up clone trooper. I was kind of hoping he'd recognize Obi Wan.

Yeah I’m digging the first two episodes. Off to a good start. I think Ewan McGregor is killing it so far. Don’t love the casting for Leia. Thought they learned from Jake Lloyd to cast older than younger but overall there are way more positives to outweigh any negatives.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:09 AM, MT said:

Guess I don't have to worry about the Grand Inquisitor any more, lol.

He's not dead. He's in multiple things set after the time period where this series takes place. >_>

I do wonder why they altered his design so much though. The Grand Inquisitor looked a LITTLE different than other Pau'an we've seen but not THAT much different. They've done others of his race in live action stuff before and they the difference in appearance even from them is pretty substantial.

I think he’ll be back on the show too. Just my vibe. I thought the makeup was a little better then what I remember in the trailer but still not great. Same with the fifth brother. Just oddly inconsistent in production quality in a lot of ways for their Star War shows for a little while now. One shot will look film quality and the next will be like Sci-Fi channel quality. Very odd.

For a makeup example what they did with Black Krrsantan in Book of Boba Fett was legendary.