Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

Further Education

I know the American:Londish school system isn't like for like, but I'm wondering what y'all further education experience expedition has been like?

I am currently on Yr 2 of a 4-5 year course (eh basically a Degree, but I can quit at any time and be certified) in my third establishment. Got to apply to a different one for my third (and hopefully be the same one for my fourth/fifth year) and goddamn is education kicking my ass right now.

First year was a cakewalk. Maybe pandemic helped as it's mostly practical and we were WFH so got given a lot of leeway? But this year has been tough.

Anyone else? What you major in? What was the transition from year 1/2/3/4/(5?) like?

I have considered quitting my job and going back to school, likely to do a 2-3 year college diploma program at the most, though shorter is better because I’ll need to get back to earning money before too long… buuuuuut my current job is pretty easy, has a few rather nice perks, and it’s far easier to just keep doing it. My wife’s about to complete an ECE course so I’ll make my decision once she’s working full-time.