Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

Metroid Dread (2021)

A few hours into Metroid Dread. Game's great, only complaint I have is that it's a bit cutscene heavy early on and takes longer to get going than the others do.

Badass Samus moment in Metroid Dread

The way she just sidesteps Kraid's parting shot... *chef kiss*

I don't know about any one else, but the E.M.M.I sections are absolutely ruining this game for me. I can't get the counter timing right to save my life, and they find me in the tiniest corners. They make me want to break my Switch in half 

If there was a tick more leeway in EMMI countering it'd be a lot better.

I learned this last night, apparently you're supposed to counter them BEFORE the flash, as opposed to every other enemy in the game.

I just wish the game mentioned that at some point.

You can get'em at the flash sometimes. I maybe counter about 2 out of everyone 10 potential EMMI deaths.

Mid-game plot spoilers (happens during a plot info-dump)

If you make Samus speak in a game, that's how you do it.

I can count the number of times I've successfully countered them on one hand. I'm a good way through the game too

Some of the shinespark stuff they want you to do in this game is ridiculous. There's this one area in upper Ferenia, right by the transport to Ghavoran (for a Missle+ pack) that, I know how to do it, I just have no fucking clue if i'll be able to.

Found an easier way to do it thanks to the Gamefaqs board.

I finished the game a couple of nights ago. Overall I absolutely loved it. So glad that we are getting consistent 2d Metroid games and I hope this continues.

I was really annoyed by the slide and taking so long to get the morph ball at first, but after you start fleeing the EMMI and you start sliding and jumping around so fluidly it made a lot of sense. 

Started a Hard Mode playthrough yesterday, just got the Morph Ball. I'll probably end up playing as much of this in hard mode as I did the other games, get a few bosses in and just give up.

Figuring out where the hell to go to get the Grapple beam early took way longer than the actual sequence break itself, but I did it.

Finally bought this a few days ago.  I'm absolutely in love.  Everything I could ask for in a modern Metroid game.

E.M.M.I. sections start getting annoying by the 5th one, but the checkpoints are forgiving enough that I'm cool with the challenge.

EMMI sections are a lot better once you realize that

they're pretty much built for you to never stop moving. You're still gonna get fucked up by one every once in awhile but they mostly mean for you to slide, jump and grapple around everything to avoid them

Got to the first boss in Dread Mode.

Gonna ask my sister for her best recommendation on OLED grips, this shit's serious