Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Fall Anime 2021

I liked it! 

Spoiler

Yukimaru doing a silly smile at the end caught me way off guard lmaooooooooo

It was good, not sure why I felt like I was expecting something more than it was but it was good.

Spoiler
Spoiler

I did like that they got away with the treasure afterall that. lol

I thought the ending of Fena was pretty decent. The episode dragged for a bit there in the middle part, with all the blubbering and stuff, but the final few minutes made up for it. Especially that final scene on the deck of the ship :nod:

ok so hold up re: Fena

Spoiler

What the fuck was the deal with her mother then? If her mother went and made the choice how did she still have the white hair and shit if Fena didn't after or i guess hers was more blonde either way what was her deal

Maybe she was born with it. Maybe it’s Maybelline. 

>:|

21 hours ago, Anelle said:

ok so hold up re: Fena

Hide contents

What the fuck was the deal with her mother then? If her mother went and made the choice how did she still have the white hair and shit if Fena didn't after or i guess hers was more blonde either way what was her deal

Spoiler

I from the backstory on Abel they gave i had the impression that her mother was captured post giving birth to Fena and brought back to be burned at the stake for her crimes of running off with Fena's "Father". So her mother may not have been given the chance to choose and it then defaulted to Fena. Another possibilty is that she may have inherited the gene from their line but was more of a vessel for the one who would actually make the choice vs being the one to do so. 

I might have to rewatch that episode to be sure. 

Fena

Spoiler

As much as I enjoyed this series the lore and plot was a bit of a mess. They over reached as far as mystery and connection lore and ended up with a mess.

• Like 1

Spoiler

They definitely flipped around a bit with this one vs the calulated steps they did with B The Beginning. I think they were only given a slotted amount of eps and had to make due with what they had. If they were given maybe 2-3 more eps they could flesh out her mom's backstory from her mom's pov alongside Abel's pov and fill in those gaps. 

Aquatope #17 — Kuuya kills me :rotfl: :rotfl:

Platinum End #4

This episode was pretty lame overall, except for that pesky red arrow from Saki working its magic at the end there...

Guess Mirai's gotta fight now? :uhoh: 

I didn't even bother watching the next PE after that last ep. And Nelle said it just gets worse so not gonna waste what little time i have for most things on something that's gonna keep sucking. 

I am a contrarian, so when Anelle said it's bad and not to watch it, I really had no choice but to keep watching :lolgrin:  I won't mind if you spoil the ending for me though, Anelle, if you want to tell me truly how bad it is. I'm not so invested in the story that spoilers will bother me!

I hope it ends like this: Mirai is selected to become the next God, and then upon becoming God, immediately finishes the job he started in the first episode and kills himself :rotfl: 

HERE YOU GO

also tbh i've been watching the eps anyway because I like the angel designs and wanted to see them animated but holy shit do I hate this story

Spoiler

You are actually really really fucking close. In the later stage of the series instead of fighting to the death they decide to all talk it out, and we are introduced to this gloomy middle school kid who still just wants to die. Fast forward through a lot of boring talking it out drama and they choose to let this kid become God. He becomes God, gods around a for a bit, then after a few years kills himself, which causes humans to disappear Thanos snap style and the planet dies too I think? Then there's a page with some mysterious voices being like lol he did it that planet is gone and that's it. That's the end. 

Nothing ever really gets an explanation, except for some line about how Nasse is special rank because she's not an angel in the way the others are, but is some lifeform that attached itself to god and became an angel? I dunno dude it was stupid and dull as hell. 

• ROFL 1

:rotfl:

I’ll keep watching :fup:

Duuuuude that is ricooooockulous :sweat:

Like, obviously there's more to it than that, but yeah. 

to elaborate a bit more

Spoiler

This series is really heavy handedly rooted in commentary on Japan's suicide culture/high rate of it but incredibly clumsily so. At one point the characters discuss how all the candidates are Japanese because they have such a high rate of suicide and they're all just like "oh, yeah that makes sense" and move on. It's supposed to be commentary but it comes across as just lazy writing. 

Shuji, the kid they choose to become god, wants to be god so that he can use infinite white arrows to help people who want to die to do so. When they meet him he's been using his red arrows to help his family commit suicide. Still he's somehow the most reasonable candidate out of all of them for various reasons after much debate. He makes a pact with another candidate y'all haven't met yet to send him a sign of sorts when he becomes god and gets all the answers. When the choice is made, he goes and fuses with the former god and it takes some time for that process to finish and for his spirit or personality or whatever to truly be god, and in that time he basically comes to the conclusion that god doesn't really functionally do anything. So when he offs himself as god, he doesn't know the consequences and didn't intend to end all of life itself. He just thinks god as a concept/entity is pointless and assumes humanity doesn't need it. Turns out having a god in place regulates death. oops. 

I appreciate what they were going for with a lot of this but it was all conveyed TERRIBLY. The art is fuckin' baller though. 

Also if you're curious about Mirai's fate 

Spoiler

He and Saki live happily together for the few years they have before Shuji ends existence, and as they realize what's happening they are content because they have found happiness. 

• Like 1

Duuuude things got intense on Jobless Hero

Spoiler

Finding drunk dad.

Get big ass lecture from drunk dad about what's been happening while trying to get home. 

Discover even though you make some good points against drunk dad you still turn out to be the bigger ass to everyone else. 

This is coming farther out but needed to share HYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!   :shiny::shiny::shiny:

I was cool with Platinum End until this episode, then all of a sudden

We have a convenient ally who can make us kooky superhero costumes too/a character who only exists as a convenience to the main characters and then Metropoliman goes to Zeon Gundam School and keeps his dead sister or whoever frozen on a wall like he was a Batman villain.

Also those spoilers sound horrifyingly bad :rotfl:

• ROFL 2

I sort of liked the new dude for a second, then it all went sideways. Turned out to be pretty lame. 

Those high school uniforms though :rotfl:

Have any of you checked out Ousama Ranking / Ranking of Kings ? Been meaning to give it a look. It seems to have a pretty good score on MAL, for whatever that's worth. Sounds like it could be fun based on the synopsis... :thinking2:

I haven't seen that one yet. If anything that one will be post season to watch if nothing else.

Last few Demon Slayer episodes

Fleshy monster demon trains are cool as fuck :nod:

• Shiny 1

Only 4 episodes of Aquatope left :crying2:

Platinum End wasn’t very good this week. I watched it anyway, I dunno why :fup:

Because you're a masochist

4 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Last few Demon Slayer episodes

Reveal hidden contents

Fleshy monster demon trains are cool as fuck :nod:

Spoiler

RIGHT?! OMG this whole arc is so fucking intense from his sleeper ability

• Like 1

The second part of 86 has been pretty solid so far. It seems the studio is having production issues though. This week’s episode was delayed a week, and now the next episode looks like it will be delayed a week…

On 11/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, dr. b said:

Have any of you checked out Ousama Ranking / Ranking of Kings ? Been meaning to give it a look. It seems to have a pretty good score on MAL, for whatever that's worth. Sounds like it could be fun based on the synopsis... :thinking2:

watched the first two episodes tonight. It’s good! A bit random, but good. Bojji is a cute little doofus, easy to cheer for. I love an underdog. And Kage's story was surprisingly touching and compelling too. I will for sure keep watching. I just need to renew my Funi subscription first, because watching with so many ads is excruciating :rip:

Started watching Super Crooks on Netflix and it's fun! Reminds me of The Boys a little. Only 3 eps jn but i like ir!

I take it back. I'm on ep 5 and it's The Boys mixed with Oceans 11-13 and holy crap this gets better!

Edit: Just realizing by ep 7 that they're using thr superheros from Jupiter's Legacy. Holy crap

Demon Slayer Mugen Train

Spoiler

Fuuuuuck I still teared up watching that whole ep even knowing what I did know with Rengoku. Still one of the most intense fight scenes I've ever watched. :crying:

• Like 1

I'm all caught up on Ranking of Kings now. I am really enjoying it. It's a bit random over the first few episodes. Quite a lot happens at a fairly fast pace. I like where it's going though!

On 11/28/2021 at 6:08 PM, Tassifox said:

Demon Slayer Mugen Train

Hide contents

Fuuuuuck I still teared up watching that whole ep even knowing what I did know with Rengoku. Still one of the most intense fight scenes I've ever watched. :crying:

Holy shit I thought Rengoku was sticking around for a long time. Dat fucking animation during those last strikes was incredible

And Tanjiro throwing the sword through the Upper Three and calling him a fucking coward

• Shiny 1

Seriously the first time I saw that put me in awe!

Spoiler

Aaaaaaaaaaaand then all tears because we still have the rule of DON'T GET TOO ATTACHED TO CHARACTERS IN CASE THEY DIE! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Demon Slayer:Red Light District

FINALLLLLLLLYYYYYY

Spoiler

Omg the next Hashira is a total ass and i love/kinda hate it. Lmao

I'm glad they got to have a little closure with Rengoku's family. I would have been miffed if they dragged that out at a later time. 

Aquatope #23 — What a beautiful episode. Only one left :crying2:

Demon Slayer - Red Light District 1

More like the epilogue to Mugen Train, god damn ;_;

• Like 1

@Vic Bossi put my thoughts on Demon Dlayer in the thread focused mainly on that anime. (I totally forgot we had that thread and i didn't wanna bog comments down with other seasonal anime) :sweat:

Aquatope — it’s… it’s… over :crying: Fantastic ending though. I really wouldn’t change a thing. This was a great series and I’m gonna miss it on Thursday nights this winter :crying2:

Platinum End … I don’t know why I’m still watching this trash :rotfl: :fup:

Bit of a weak ending for takt op. Destiny, but overall I enjoyed the show. Destiny has some great moments in the final episode :salute: :crying2: