Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

Hidden gems on Disney+?

Currently watching The Director And The Jedi which is pretty good, it's tucked away amongst the extras of The Last Jedi.

Anyone else found anything good amongst the extras?

I can't really comment since we don't have Disney+ (yet). My daughter is bugging me to subscribe so she can watch all the Disney, Pixar, and NatGeo stuff. It's not too expensive - $8.99 / month IIRC - but I am a bit hesitant to add yet another streaming service to our monthly budget... Do you guys and girls think Disney+ is worth it?

If you have Hulu or ESPN+, they have bundle deals. We got all 3 for $12.99 per month. We were already paying for Hulu, so it made sense. It added $2 to our monthly budget. 

10 hours ago, little birdy said:

I am a bit hesitant to add yet another streaming service to our monthly budget.

This is pretty much the same boat for me. I've hear about the bundles and all that but I have things I'm going to have to squirrel away for right now coming up in spring of 2021. On top of trying to finish up the car loan and hours getting cut as grocery retail normal with all this.

Garlic, have you started watching Gargoyles yet?

19 hours ago, MDSup3rDup3 said:

If you have Hulu or ESPN+, they have bundle deals. We got all 3 for $12.99 per month. We were already paying for Hulu, so it made sense. It added $2 to our monthly budget. 

I don't think Hulu or ESPN+ are available in Canada, so no bundle for me. That seems like a pretty good deal though. 

If we get Disney+ then I will cancel my Netflix subscription, and actually save a few bucks a month as a result. It's mainly just my kid who watches Netflix, so if she wants Disney+ then the trade off is losing Netflix. She didn't seem to mind when I mentioned that last night. 

• Like 1

For now anyways until there's some thing on Netflix she needs to watch. :rotfl:

It's always easy to cancel one and re-subscribe to the other. Not that I want to make a habit of doing that regularly :lol:

• Like 1

Gargoyles? I watched it back in the day

I would say it is worth it. I got my money's worth just binging Recess day one, then rewatching all the Star Wars plus finally catching the live action Disney remakes.... I haven't even touched the nature documentaries yet (although if they are not BBC/David Attenborough documentaries then I don't think they'll be as good).

• Like 1