Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[08/02/20] Weekly Wot're Ya Playin?

I'm still doin Xenoblade but haven't touched it for about a week or so just to concentrate on :ps4: Detroit: Become Human. I've 100%ed most of the chapters and most of the endgame, there's two or three significant early chapters I still need to work through most of the choices for. I thought I would've needed two full playthroughs but it turns out I needed three (Markus has three choices he can make in an early chapter with Carl that he can revisit in the second-to-last chapter if you choose to resist Carl's son), so I completed one and knocked out a few nodes I wasn't planning on getting quite yet (the "Be Mean to Hank" run and Ralph showing up in one of Kara's endgames) and just started the next one (Save the wounded policeman in the first Chapter, escape Alice's father without using the thing you can find). I'll finish off the early chapters afterwards and then start the final Platinum run (Markus' third Carl choice, not getting out of Alice's house at all, and the "Get all the Tombstones at Amanda's place" run for the final trophy).

Also still :3ds: Fire Emblem Awakening.

Still been tearing through content in Destiny 2 that I hadn't played since stopping a couple years ago. Been fun for the most part but I'm starting to finally run out of content that I can do by myself and/or with matchmaking and will have to start finding people for things. I've tried to narrow my focus to just finding all the lore items so I can get filled in on story stuff since that was always my favorite part anyway but there's going to be a decent amount of that out of my reach unless I find groups too from the looks of it. Been getting a lot of great stuff for gear though, and have been tripping over Exotic stuff left and right so that's been satisfying.

They still time gate a lot of stuff though which is a bit obnoxious when trying to catch up on things, but with as much as there is for me to do, at least it lets me space things out and let me work on different things over time. Just hard to keep track of everything I need to do, and one set of lore books is basically going to be a 21 week process from what it looks like. :| 

Luckily, that's from content that's not being "vaulted" in November so there's no rush with it. Slowly been knocking out things on the planets they're removing as I go also. Don't know that I could keep this up if I had something else I wanted to play right now, but it's a fun distraction while I wait for something else to come out (or I decide I feel like playing one of the many games I haven't even started yet. >_> )

I ain't playin' nuffin.

The NISA sale came and went on the eShop, so I didn't buy The Alliance Alive HD Remaster. Wasn't going to play it any time soon, so no big deal. It will go on sale again in another 3-6 months. Maybe next time it's discounted, I will actually have time for it.

Now Ys 8 is on sale so that is my latest temptation :nailbiting: Probably not gonna pull the trigger on that either. I'm trying to stash some extra money away for music gear.

I have become addicted to :ps4: NBA 2K20 (thanks PS Plus) to the point I am considering buying NBA 2K21 during pre-release. I've also been playing some :ps4: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix off the Kingdom Hearts: All-in-One Package I bought during the spring sale (which had the entire collection for like $20).

Popped on Jet Set Radio in my PS3 the other day.  Just picked up my save file and cleared a few stages.  Absolutely love that game, and kinda getting myself hyped for the spiritual sequel.

Been playing Minecraft with my girlfriend and a couple friends from online/the last town we lived in.  Nothing particularly interesting to talk about here.

And I finally picked Persona 3 back up.  Wish I had the FES version, but it's still great.  I'm mostly just trying to get it out of the way so I can finally play Persona 5 without guilt.

Poppin trophs in PS3 Streets of Rage 2. Might take awhile to find someone who wants to boost the online trophs though. Got one more single-player troph to attempt, score 800k points on Hardcore Mode (Hardest Difficulty, start with 1 Life). It should be doable because you can save-state scum it, but I'm about halfway through the game and I'm starting to lose lives in some of these fights even with scumming x_x