Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Re: Zero

If you haven't gotten around to watching this and enjoy mindfucks, I HIGHLY recommend this one. It's another Issekai one that came out when the genre first was getting popular and it fucking keeps you guessing.

Plot Summary: Subaru Natsuki is an ordinary high school student who is lost in an alternate world, where he is rescued by a beautiful, silver-haired girl. He stays near her to return the favor, but the destiny she is burdened with is more than Subaru can imagine. Enemies attack one by one, and both of them are killed. He then finds out he has the power to rewind death, back to the time he first came to this world. But only he remembers what has happened since.

They re:released S1 and compacted every 2 eps into 1. So you can binge through it faster, there's also a movie/ova/whatever you want to call it that goes into a little background on Lia and Puck's relationship and gives some possible easter eggs there.

S2 IS FUCKING FINALLY OUT!

Spoiler

HOLY CRAP :eek2:
They do not waste time jumping right into where they leave off with S1.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, new player.....:panic:
SHIIIIIIIIT There's 2 of them!!!!  :nailbiting:
SHIT SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIIIIIIIIIIT!
NOOO NOT CRUNSCH CHAAAAAN! :puppyeyes:
Oh shit he ate Rem out of existence. :blink:

Well now it makes sense why no one remembered Rem the last time she died from the Narwhale Manbeast. Anything connected to the Witch Satella wipes it clean.
Don't you dare go and kill yourself wasting all that fucking effort when you don't have all the fucking facts Subaru, FUCKING CHRIST he's worse than Shinji!!!!! :pissed2:
Okay a bit (lot) of a slow down after all that but Holy Utter Fuck this season is gonna be goooooooood....

• Shiny 1

I'm doing a rewatch of S1 but this time the director's cut version and I'm on ep 8 out of 12 on that so within the next day or so I'll get to S2. Might watch the movie before or after I get to S2, haven't decided yet.

• Like 1

The movie is pretty much a side background story on Lia and Puck so honestly no pressure other than using it to tide you over until ep 2 of S2 hits in a few days.

yeye I love Puck and Lia though so that's why I'm trying to decide if I should watch it now or hold off til after I get into S2 just so I'm current. I guess I can save it for a treat for after!

• Like 1

S2 E1

Spoiler

well.... shit. SAVE REM ARC GO

With all the waifu fluff fanart and merch this series has I had forgotten how fucking violent and brutal it was so coming into S2 from my rewatch just had me like OK MOTHERFUCKERS LAY IT ON ME WHAT'S NEXT and man they were like "lol k"

• Like 1

Pretty much. What's the best way to do a distraction? ALL the cute things!

S2.2

Spoiler

I hate it when my friends are right. Totally was a more talky/info ep
So no Rosewal or Ram to be found. Good or bad? :lurk:
Kinda not bad because there's no chaos in the abandoned mansion. And I like Fredarica
Fuck it's been so long that I forgot I fucking loved how easy for Tsubaru to find Beatrice. :rotfl:
Witch Factor. AKA Power that is be stowed to the Sin Archbishop. And HOW the fuck does Bea know Sloth???? :lurk:
Oooooh Bea be maaaaaad.
Oh goodie, Rosewal left a supernatural bread crumb trail for them to the Sanctuary.....that might be bad.
Ummmm....excuse me.......WITCH of GREED......:blink:
Does that mean we'll have a Witch for every Sin????? If that's the case which witch was the Witch Satella??????? FUCK!!!!!!! :eek4:

Neeeeeeeellllllllle! Are you keeping up!??!!?

S2.3

Spoiler

So we have 7 witches. Wonderful. Well......HAD.
This is kinda inching more like Subaru might actually be the Archbishop of envy.
Um....Subaru, it's not always wise to just skip the tutorial session like this is fucking Dragon Age. Get the fucking info from the witch!
Garf.....his nickname is gonna be Garf or Garfy.
Okay Rosewall actually looks pretty good when he doesn't have that fucking clown makeup on.

....................What the shit with that last five minutes. Hype killer much?

• Like 1

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Spoiler

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT SADIST BITCH!!!!!!!! :panic: ><
FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Please not Rem and the girls! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

s2e5

Spoiler

I somehow always forget just how gory this show gets until it happens again and then I'm like oh yeah

• ROFL 1

Totally agree with you there, makes me wonder how bad it's gonna be this weeks ep on a scale of 1 to elfin lied :rotfl:

ep six

Spoiler

Fucking knew it, fucking knew Petra was gonna be next in major death for Subaru death.
Why do I feel like elsa is going to be a reveal of a Archbishop Sin? I could see her as Lust

e6

Spoiler

😠

feel ya Nelle

Dude I have all new questions after that ep. WTF.

S2.8

Spoiler

YAY! B's not a cultist!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT OTTO! (I know this isn't technically the first time he's died but still)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT LIZARD BABY!
Um....shit Monty Python there much?
HOLY SHIT SUBARU FINALLY GOT TO SAY IT! HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT!

Spoiler

ok that was the worst death ever 

Fully agreed on that.

Only 4 more eps....

S2.9

Spoiler

Sooooooooooooooooooo did we possibly have a time when all the witches and minions were on the same team? Did we have a war of the witches?
Prid e witch and Gluttony ar e scary
Wrath witch is not what I pictured but I can also see how this type is viewed for that.
So if the Whale fed everyone be cause of his size, and the Monty Python Bunny because of how he can multiply, how does the Serpent fit into that line of thought?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm did Amelia get posessed by Satella while she was in the trial because Baru spoke to the other witches, or because he was able to tell Chinda about his Death by Return and dodge her curse?
Satella is creepy AF btw
......Is that what I think it is in Rosewal's hands?

I use to not like Subaru, but after watching this season I can't really fault him anymore. Especially after seeing what this season is doing to him.

Only 2 eps left and my body isn't ready. Holy FUCK this episode was so heavy.

S2.11

Spoiler

Fuck elsa has a cohort. Double fuck it's the kid.
FUCK Amelia's full on possessed
So Rosewal takes off the mask. HOLY FUCK.
So he's the one who made it snow in S1 and here. I knew he's been scheming for something but has he been doing this from the very beginning? Did he bring Subaru here??

S2.12

Spoiler

Dude having to see the aftermath of your resets would SUCK
Now we've met all the other witches
I'm glad that Wrath at least was trying to point out to Subaru what he SHOULD have been asking, sure it sounds like a great deal kid BUT AT WHAT COST!?
Oh Shit Satella has arrived.