Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[06/20/20] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

:switch: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive

I forgot how beautiful Makna Forest is, especially at night during a meteor shower :shiny:

I'm in Chapter 8, level 40ish, been fighting almost every enemy I meet even if I don't have to so I'm going a lot slower than I probably should.

:3ds: Fire Emblem Awakening

Last stage just opened up, then after that it's support-conversation training, getting the rest of the mutant children and maybe playing spotpass missions.

:segacd: :ps3: Sonic CD

Really good Sanic game. Love the music, especially the Tidal Tempest set of themes, Eggman's Boss Theme (if it wasn't for this, it'd probably be my favourite Eggman theme) and the End Credits, such a cleaner sound compared to the Genesis synth so it really stands out for all the 2D Sanic games. I was expecting to not 100% the Trophy list on this because of how hard collecting the Time Stones is, but the game Saves your progress including before Special Stages so as long as time doesn't run out to trigger the auto-save you can keep trying again and again. Only thing I need to do to finish the trophy list is to destroy all the Metal Sonic Holograms and Roboticizers in a single playthrough (I did it during the run I got all the Time Stones in, didn't realize collecting them all auto-destroyed that stuff and thus made the trophy pop impossible).

Started up The Last of Us 2 yesterday. Game is beautiful and I feel like they've really improved on every aspect of the game so far over the first. Only thing I don't care for is the character upgrade system. In the first one you can upgrade whatever particular thing you wanted and now it forces you through a 'tree'  of abilities and you have to upgrade things down the line of stuff instead which I find annoying. I absolutely don't need to be able to craft shit faster, thanks. >:| 

Also have been playing a little bit of Destiny 2 again. The last expansion was on sale and I haven't played in a year so I figured what the hell. Might as well catch up on some story stuff before the next thing comes out since that's story I've been waiting for since the original game. Waiting a year is apparently the way to go from a game mechanics aspect for the game because everything that drops is an upgrade. Don't have to worry about shit and can just enjoy the story and there is more than enough to do without it turning into a dumb grind-fest. XD

• Like 1

Final Fantasy V, it's Four Job Fiesta season. On my second run.