Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[06/01/20] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening. I restarted the game after hitting around the halfway point, getting my ass kicked and realizing where I'd slipped up in developing my party and not understanding the mechanics. Only had one marriage at the time, a few units massively overleveled, didn't use Robin all that often (holy shit), didn't train a competent healer up, too many units specializing in Lances etc etc. I'm a few missions away from where I was before, have about 6 or 7 marriages, Robin was a regular in the rotation, primary healer can use weapons and have a few secondary healers available, only a handful of characters haven't been class-promoted, a good mix of weapon types, been training secondary weapons in secondary missions.

Now the difficulty I'm having is that all these cool next-generation characters are showing up from the marriages and I don't want to use any of them because they're massively under-leveled compared to my main party 😅

Chrom + Sumia

Robin + Cordelia

Stahl + Lissa

Vaike + Sully

Nowi + Donnel (Class-changed him to a Mercenary as soon as I could)

Kellam + Miriel (Miriel's been the hardest to level up because she's can't survive a hit, I think it's just her and Cordeilia who hasn't been class changed yet)

Also been teaming Anna and Lucina up together so I can have a competent Thief ready for treasure chests and I can't really justify benching another Lord class with an unbreakable Falchion)

Got Xenoblade Remaster coming by the end of the week, oh boy

Didn't pick up my Switch all week. Anime and music still taking priority. But I think I'll try to bang out another chapter or two in Cosmic Star Heroine this afternoon, I did manage to at least get myself out of the place I was stuck in last weekend :rotfl:

ALSO gotta dust off my SNES emulator because the FF5 Four Job Fiesta starts in 10 days :love2:

On 6/6/2020 at 7:04 AM, little birdy said:

Didn't pick up my Switch all week. Anime and music still taking priority. But I think I'll try to bang out another chapter or two in Cosmic Star Heroine this afternoon, I did manage to at least get myself out of the place I was stuck in last weekend :rotfl:

ALSO gotta dust off my SNES emulator because the FF5 Four Job Fiesta starts in 10 days :love2:

RetroArch with SNES9x core. :shiny:

Probably just going to use SNES9x or bsnes (higan now..?) standalone as I don't really have need for an emulation suite like RetroArch or OpenEmu. I'm just playing one SNES game ;)

Touche.  Nice way to start playing more though if you wanted.  I'm a fan of that program.  But yeah good old SNES9x itself is always fine especially for a one off.