Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

Streets Of Rage 4 is fucking amazing

Actually didn't buy it on release cause the graphics looked too Street Fighter for me (lol). Dumb move.

This game is amazing. I've basically played it non stop since Monday. Completed it with almost all the characters, I think my plateau is Hard, got all the achievements except 2 of the "Complete with X character" ones and the like 4 absolutely insane achievements which I doubt I'll ever get.

Some of the secrets are super awesome. No spoilers.

Who else is playing? Who is your main?

I've been curious but haven't pulled the trigger on it. Probably will wait for a sale price because I'm always a little suspicious, even if I'm also excited at the same time, when old games get resurrected. 

How long roughly does one play through of the game take? On par with the original games, or is it longer? 

Your first casual playthrough will probably take 2-3 hours depending if you're exploring for all the secrets.

My average time is about an hour thirty.

Speedrunners have got it down to about an hour.

However there's a ton of replay value. The game keeps logs of your scores and times so it's easy to compete with yourself. There are a TON of characters to unlock. The PS4 achievements will take a lot of mastery to unlock. There's 5 difficulty levels. A Boss Rush mode. Arcade mode. Online multiplayer. Plus the original soundtrack is also included.

The game is a beast. But if you're only intending on playing it once, you're only talking 2 hours. But personally I haven't stopped playing it all week.

Sounds like my kind of replay value. I don't care much about achievements/trophies, but I do like high score chasing and best time chasing once I'm good at a game, so if I'm into this game on the first play through then I'll probably play it a bunch more times :nod: