Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

I saw this game was coming out because I saw this:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-valhalla-wont-launch-on-steam/1100-6476676/

This dude is so fucking full of shit.  He's pissing and moaning about the cut Steam takes while ignoring the consoles do the same fucking thing and well the other 1900 other arguments in favor of Steam.  Seriously though, Microsoft and Sony literally take the exact same cut.  God that shit infuriates me.

Ubisoft is avoiding Steam because of its business model. Vice president Chris Early said in a New York Times interview that Steam's business model is "unrealistic." He added, "It doesn't reflect where the world is today in terms of game distribution."

Steam typically keeps 30 percent of game sales, with 70 percent going to developers/publishers. By contrast, the Epic Games Store offers much more to the people who make games; on the Epic Games Store, 88 percent of revenue goes back to developers.

I don't know if this is somehow annoying to come in here just to post about this. :lurk:

This makes me remember I still need to play...all of these games.  I own a pretty large assortment of them.  Maybe I should just skip the 1st one and finally play 2.

I'd definitely skip 1 and go straight to 2. 1 was enjoyable enough at the time, but 2 does everything so much better.

Consoles also charge for updates (or cut a deal with the developer where they're allowed x number of free updates and then charge after that) so it's an even worse argument at that point. XD

Also, this:

6IkY8Oo.jpg

• ROFL 1

I liked 1's storyline/setting/characters more than 2 but 2 plays a lot better than 1. They sort of realized they had something with 1 but didn't properly figure it out until the sequel