Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Spring Anime 2020

I'll have to wait for BNA to hit North American Netflix, judging by how long it took for Carole and Tuesday to be available it will be months yet... but I'll definitely check it out when it pops up there.

Hope fully it won't be too long. Just finished it today at 12 eps. I enjoyed it. :gaigrin:

Gleipnir's been up and down in quality and intrigue, but it's kinda got it back now

I thought the alien revealing himself kinda stole a lot of intrigue from it, but now the whole "Shuichi's memories have been partially erased" is making things interesting again

• Like 1

I haven't watched the latest episode yet. Maybe tonight. I still can't decide if I like this show or not, but I keep watching anyway. It's one of those.

From Vic's point:

Spoiler
On 5/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, Vic Boss said:

I thought the alien revealing himself kinda stole a lot of intrigue from it, but now the whole "Shuichi's memories have been partially erased" is making things interesting again 

I legit think there is a whole shit ton more behind that story than that alien is letting on. 
*For some one who's entire race has gone missing from a crash he seems way too calm about hunting for the rest of them. Is he really even an alien?
*Why the number 100 for collecting the coins? Sure he says that they can get grander wishes granted but that's a fairly specific number in my opinion.
*Like Vic pointed out, why is Shuichi's memories partially erased? Cuz it sure as shit don't think it was Claire's sisters doing for some one who's so obsessed with him, even though she knows she forgot about him from what we've seen from her little chat with Cat girl.

• Like 1

You're thinking a lot harder about this show's story than I am :lolgrin:

• Like 1

1. Because it's fun
2. Because why not?

3. Because other shows start out simple and turn out more complicated
4. Also quarantine so what else to do but let my imagination run away? :koffing:

Okay just watched first episode of Great Pretender. Totally sticking with this one to watch. The show is about con artists, I already feel like there's gonna be a lot of insanity happening with the characters, and their ed song is Queen's Great Pretender. Thumbs up from me.

A couple weeks ago I started watching Wave, Listen to Me! I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It can be pretty random, there's some comedy, some drama, some just absolute wackiness. Love the visual style. My dark horse candidate for anime of the season.

Episode 11 of Gleipnir was really good. I don't get this show at all, half the time it's bare basic edgy teenage shit with bad plot twists, and the other half is super interesting mysteries

I'm starting to wonder if Shuichi killed Clair's parents. He started off as a nice/kind guy but he's slowly turning more psychopathic, even executing the sword guy himself to make sure the group and especially Clair are protected. It's possible Elena erased his memories so he could go back to being the nice guy from before but now it's happening all over again, but maybe this time with Clair instead of Elena.

• Like 1

I also found that episode interesting, but I'm a bit annoyed that they're introducing these new mysteries 11 episodes in :-/ I guess this show is going to keep running  through the summer season or end with a cliffhanger and come back later. I'll have to keep watching it because they've hooked me now, but I hope it doesn't stretch on for too long. 

Spoiler

Who wants to bet that the sword guy was Shuichi's friend but they didn't want to waste that reveal in lieu of the other bigger one at the end?
I agree on Vic's suggestion that Claire took away Shuichi's memory to spare him, but I have a feeling that after that flashback, that the main cause of Claire and Elena's parents dying was a combo effort of Hanako (the one who seems to have originated this coin hunt to the alien) and that spikey blonde haired guy. Probably had the hots for Hanako and made her part of his wish with his powers just like Elena did with Shuichi in her wish. Or even along the lines of a couple wishes got resulted in something that was out of their control.
Also Spikey blonde haired guy is the hooded guy leading
Elena's group because if they were friends before from cram school then it makes sense that someone as strong as those 2 are working together for some end game goal.

In other news I absolutely love Great Pretender. 10 eps in and it's pretty much like watching Leverage

That twist at the end of this week's episode of Tower of God :O.O: :jaw:

Women amirite  :badrazz:

Late to the party but here's what I've been watching/reading:

One Piece

Haikyu

Ace of Diamond

Demon Slayer

Darwins Game

Re:Zero

Looking at starting Fruits Basket but not 100% on it.

Rulk, how far into Ace of Diamond are you??? :shiny:

Yeah I was following it weekly. Bummed that it ended, but hopefully it will come back for a third season eventually. Maybe the manga needs more time before there is enough material for more anime. 

On 6/19/2020 at 4:23 AM, little birdy said:

That twist at the end of this week's episode of Tower of God :O.O: :jaw:

Reveal hidden contents

Women amirite  :badrazz:

I was actually waiting for that moment. It felt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy that Rachel was playing along as it was. 

Now........Khun's twin brother on the other hand.....as well as the Princess fight....:shiny:.

Holy shit, episode 12 of Gleipnir was great. Wtf

• Like 1

Gonna watch it tonight, I've been very curious about what will happen, if they're gonna give us more background story, etc.

Just looked it up and the manga has been in serialization since 2015, still running (unclear if monthly or weekly). If this first anime run is popular then we might be in for the long haul here. Hopefully it won't take as long to all play out as Attack on Titan :uhoh: (Speaking of AoT, I am up-to-date on the manga and the shit that will go down in the final season of the anime is nuts. I think we're only a few chapters away from the manga ending now)

1 hour ago, Vic Boss said:

Holy shit, episode 12 of Gleipnir was great. Wtf

Spoiler

So I was half right that Hoody guy was one of the original Cram School gang
HOLY SHIT on the rest!
So I'm thinking new theory is Kaito's wish result is the Girl Ghost, punishing anyone who was fine with Hanako being gone. Whether they actually knew her or just an innocent bystander. Then he finally got the 100 coins and powered up to what we've seen him as he is now as his way of justice/atonement mix?

Shit is fucking getting good now.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, Tassifox said:

I also started watching BNA, while only the first episode so far I like the animation style and color schemes.

BNA is supposed to hit Netflix on Tuesday. Did you keep watching? Did it turn out to be any good?

Oh yay! Yes I watched all the way and I liked the ending. Worth it. :thumbs:

Alrighty, I guess it'll go on my watch list then :cool:

I also checked out the first episode of Dorohedoro on Netflix a couple nights ago when I couldn't sleep. I think that was from the Winter season...? Pretty weird, but I think it's the kind of weird I like. I'll give it a couple more episodes for sure.

• Like 1

OH Double yay! If you've ever watched Akira then ya the weirdness is kinda the MO of the artist. But I also love that their's kinda a legit mystery story tied into it and I can't wait for S2 to tap more into it.  This vid helped explain the world and culture of the sorcerers better (I don't think there's spoilers in here ) Only like 12 eps so might as well binge it. :headbang:

Dorohedoro was great. Ultra-violent slice-of-life, funny as shit, interesting mystery, p. funny Doom parody in the second outro

• Like 1

I feel asleep during an episode last night, that's usually the kiss of death for an anime for me... :lol: but I'll give it another shot anyways. 

• Like 1

I watched Kakushigoto over the last week, what a great show. I don't know why I didn't give it a chance in the first place :rotfl: The last episodes felt a bit rushed, all that story jam packed in there, but at least it had a good ending.

To be fair it looks like it would be something underwhelming for a slice of life anime. And I agree that last episode was rushed. But if they were alloted only a certain # of episodes they might have been trying to get all the loose ends out of the way.  But I knew you'd like it!