Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[AEW vs NXT] Wednesday Night War Week 7

Man, Dynamite was so great this week

PEOPLE GETTING PROMO TIME AND QUICK WINS TO GET THEM OVER

"Jon Moxley... I accept" :jumboshiny:

MJF getting a ton of time to talk was great, and Jericho implying that his parents conceived him while watching him vs Juventud Guerrera 25 years ago was great.

• Like 1

Yeah, this may have been the best episode so far.  A lot of great gooks, decent surprises, well paved character arcs and angles that both have ramifications for the following week and future developments.  They also really struck a hard balance on the wrestling:promo/angle time.  Almost everything felt to be in the right doses.

Spoiler

Beyond hyped for Mox/Darby.  I hollered for the Luchasaurus return.  Jericho and Sammy G have great chemistry together.  

Also, I know some people don't like it as much, but I love that the Bucks/PnP brawl was part of the picture-in-picture commercial break.  It made you feel like you couldn't change the channel/skip the video ahead.  And it's brilliant for someone flipping channels, because they could see it and go, "What the fuck is going in here?  I gotta see what happens after the commercial break." It's a different angle to production that really help makes the product stand apart.

AEW's been killing it week after week. It's gotten me excited to watch wrestling again. I've yet to watch this week's NXT but it's been on fire lately too.

Also, dat Orange Cassidy cameo

:shiny: 

I think NXT still mostly suffers from the same problems it has since Ryan Ward left the creative team/Dusty passed away before the Gargano era started: the week-to-week show is high quality, but skippable.