Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Overwatch 2

I fucking love this universe they've put together.

Jeff Kaplan (the game director) said all the cosmetic stuff you bought in OW1 will carry forward into 2, which is awesome. It sounds like you won't need to buy Overwatch 2 if you have no interest in the single player. The new abilities will be PvE only. People that own OW1 can play with people that own OW2.

This really stresses my Blizzard Boycott if I am honest, cause all of this looks cool AF. 

If they continue with the loot box monetization though, it's a hard pass. That one thing really holds this game back "wotked hard for that Witch Mercy Skin" my white ass. You mean all the MONEY they poured in to get it. 

• Like 1

Or, you know, just... played the game. Like seriously, I have nearly EVERY thing unlocked in the game and have not spent any actual money on it outside of buying the game. And that's even with splitting my time between more than one version of the game. Not that there isn't a better way to do it, but calling it something that "holds the game back" is being extremely melodramatic. The only things holding the game back is their weirdly questionable balancing choices at any given time and their insistence on band-aiding legit problems with the competitive mode instead of finding a real solution. Not cosmetic distribution methods. 

Questionable practice or not, I'd take that any day over being charged for new maps and/or characters.

More to the subject at hand, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted and their decisions to make the PvP linked with the first game to not split their userbase is downright impressive. I was honestly expecting the game to basically be the PvE, but would function as a sort of 'expansion' for the original game for the PvP side and unlock a bunch of new stuff there to avoid those issues (at best). Not just have the two function equally with all the same PvP content. 

Between how this and Diablo 4 look so far, this feels more like the Blizzard of old than it has in a while. Kind of worried that the other shoe is gonna drop and we're gonna get some twisted stupid shit that seeps out of all of this sooner or later. >_>

Side note: Jeff being snarky as fuck about shit getting leaked was fucking hilarious.