Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eizan

Video Game Randomizers

Here's a Big List of Randomizers.

Right now the only ones I really play are Final Fantasy IV Free Enterprise and A Link to the Past. 

I've started messing with Super Mario RPG, but I think I'll need to play the base game first to try and remember what certain key items do and where the locations of them. 

I've always been curious about these, but never tried one myself. Is it possible, depending on the game, to get a VERY bad randomize which makes the game unbeatable?

Depends on what you randomize. In a Link to the Past I don't think you can, because most of that game is execution based. It maybe unbeatable to someone like us, but not someone really good at the game. 

In Free Enterprise you can get randomization that are unbeatable. Like getting only Edward and Tellah and having to beat boss in a hard location, but that really only happens if you choose the flags with a red box (which means it makes it difficult.) However, for most normal flag sets I would say almost all of them are beatable. 

In my experience with the LttP randomizer, nothing is really unbeatable. There are some situations that you'd absolutely never run into during a normal session, but a lot of the tricks to get past them aren't super difficult to pull off. The logic is such that every game is technically beatable, like you're never going to NOT get an item you need, or enter a dungeon that somehow doesn't have enough keys to progress through. Items can be real tough to find if you don't know a lot of the places to look, too. I've had a few games where I didn't find a sword for a really long time, having to make do with bombs, the hammer, or the Cane of Somaria.

3 Heart, Swordless Kholdstare is terrible. That is all. 

• Like 1

Hey @Eizan

• Like 1

I've seen it, but I don't know FFVI that well so I may try it after watching some people I follow on Twitch play it. Maybe spam Dezner to give me tips?