Old School Forum
Vic Boss

[AEW vs NXT] Wednesday Night War Week 0.5

AEW announces a subscription service in the UK to watch Dynamite live, replays will be on ITV.

NXT puts on another Keith Lee vs Dijakovic match to try to have a 5-star match and head off AEW as the "place for wrestling." (It was a badass match and you should go watch it now)

Ever-Rising = they're dressing up two guys who look like Trent and Chuck so they can make it look like AEW is copying them.

4 hours ago, Death Rider Mox said:

AEW announces a subscription service in the UK to watch Dynamite live, replays will be on ITV.

NXT puts on another Keith Lee vs Dijakovic match to try to have a 5-star match and head off AEW as the "place for wrestling." (It was a badass match and you should go watch it now)

Ever-Rising = they're dressing up two guys who look like Trent and Chuck so they can make it look like AEW is copying them.

To this day, I'm still surprised they haven't utilized 3.0(Ever-Rising, just in case) more frequently, even in a jobbing capacity.  A solid team with some decent charisma.

Still need to watch the first half hour(assuming that's where the Lee/Dijakovic match happened), but overall this was another strong show.    Riddle/Dain was tight.

• Like 1

NXT is on Friday nights in Canada before SDL. Alas, we never had an actual Monday Night War in Canada, now we might miss the Wednesday Night War (assuming AEW gets a TV deal and it's on Wednesday)

• Sad 1

I heard TNT will be showing a replay of AEW right after it ends, so I may just watch NXT first and then AEW.

• Like 1

I just looked and yeah, they're replaying it right after. 

Though it appears that NXT is blocked out for 2 hours and 15 minutes, so there's going to be some overrun. If you're using DVR, that won't be an issue, but otherwise you may need to watch both for that first 15 minutes of AEW regardless to catch it all.