Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

Fall Anime 2019

Link-kun

Fuckkkkk, there's a lot happening. Without even reading anything, I've already got:

- Pokemon (As always)
- One Piece (As always)

- Black Clover (Assuming it is continuing)

- Vinland Saga

- Dr Stone

- My Hero Academia Season 4
- SAO Alicization Season 2 - War of Underworld
- Psycho-Pass Season 3 (Been simul'ing S1 and 2)
- High Score Girl Season 2 <3 (For real this anime is good shit, I barely ever played arcades and just fucking loved this deep dive into the Japanese arcade history)
- Enen no Shouboutai/Fire Force (I might drop this one)

For me:

- Ace of Diamond (pretty sure it will still be going)

- Dr Stone

- PSYCHO-PASS season 3

- Gundam Build Divers sequel

- Sherlock something or other

- maybe High Score Girl if I get around to watching the first part

Been interested in Chihayafuru for a long time but I doubt I'll catch up on it any time soon. 

Also maybe the basketball show. 

100% recommend High Score Girl Season 1. Was not expecting it to feel nostalgic or heartwarming but it managed both

Continue:

Black Clover

Demon Slayer

Pick up 

My Hero Academia Season 4

Maybe pickup

Seven Deadly Sins

Mugen no Juunin (I'm a sucker for Samurai stuff...)

I do need to finish High Score Girl, I did like what I watched on it. 

• Like 1

Honestly this one feels like a light season for me: There's a couple titles I might give a shot but not enough to worth mentioning for now.

For Sures:
Boku Hero 4
Fate/Grand Order
Grandblu 2
Fairy Gone 2
Boku no Hero movie

Gonna check out:
Assasins Pride
No Guns Life
Keishicho Tokumu etc etc
Blade of the Immortal revamp
Black Fox
Sora no Aosa etc etc.

I'm a few episodes into Hi Score Girl and it's pretty good. I love the tribute to the TurboGrafx in the second episode :love2:

• Like 1

Now my man's got a TurboExpress too. Truly living the dream :salute:

Watching this show makes me wish arcades had been even half as popular where I grew up. I don't remember any good arcades in my hometown.

• Like 1

So didn't look at the synopsis but watched 1st ep of Hataage Kemono Michi.............and holy fuck it's pretty much what the most intense animal lover would do irl but in a fantasy world setting. It's pretty fucking hilarious :rotfl:

Ono's butler is a true hero :salute:  The man just wants her to have a bit of time to have fun, and he wants a Virtual Boy (:rotfl:) -- is that so much to ask for?

Not necessarily new for the fall season, but I checked out this SD Gundam thing last night and had to tap out pretty quickly. It's really dumb.

• Like 1

Also started watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato on Netflix last night. It's a movie that was released earlier this year and is broken up into 3 episodes on Netflix. I thought maybe it was going to be a new season or something because I never heard about the movie, and I felt like the pacing was really weird in the first episode. Turns out it was just the first third of a movie, which makes more sense. Why not just put it on Netflix as a movie...? :confused:

• Like 1

Because Netflix is weird. I got my friend addicted to Carol and Tuesday last night and she binged until ep 12 on Netflix, and apparently they're releasing the rest of the episodes on Christmas this year. I told her most likely because the show's timeline ends on New Years so naturally they'd go with a marketing thing like that.

With Kanaberi it maybe the fact that not everyone can binge a movie length vs splitting it into mini episodes. But who really knows. :sorry:

I gotta keep watching Carole and Tuesday...

Checked out the first episode of Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun this morning. It was kinda fun. I was hoping to pick up some Yu Yu Hakusho sort of vibes, but this is a bit more childish than that. Doesn't look like it will be very fan service-y, so it could be a good Saturday morning show for me and the kiddo.

• Like 1

Okay since there wasn't a lot updated I decided to check out Babylon. Holy crap they get you hooked in from the murder mystery stuff and mind shit. I recommend it.

I haven't been watching a tonne this season. Keeping up with Ace of Diamond and Dr. Stone of course, and I started the new Gundam Build Divers. That's about it. Oh, and the Demon School thing I'm watching with the kiddo.

Pretty weak selection of new anime on Crunchyroll this season. Might have to think about jumping ship for Funi at some point.